Discovery Gaming Community
TAZ Message Dump - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: TAZ Message Dump (/showthread.php?tid=2990)

TAZ Message Dump - XTriton - 07-03-2009

Current Position - Gran Canaria, Ready Room
Ship status - Standby and Maintenance
Crew - 50 strong

Xavier took a long sip of his expresso after a very long Diagnostic of the ship's systems. There were next to no problems in the software which was to be expected from solid ZBT programming but there were a few structural weaknesses in the radiation shield. Too many excursions through Omega 41 was considered the cause.

Xavier went to his comms console to check the standing reports on the Bowex issue and came across something unsettling, a reply from one of Bowex's legal representatives.
"Reo, come to my ready room immediately I need to discuss something" Xavier declared through the ship wide comms.
Reo the 1st officer came into the ready room a few moments later and saw Xavier giving a rather cold eye to his comms screen.
"Sir, what can I do for you?" asked Reo.
"Take a look at this..."
Xavier twisted his screen over towards Reo. Reo scanned the transmission and looked at it in disbelief.
"What do they mean incomplete paperwork?!" exclaimed Reo.
"I dont know what they are thinking, all I know is that they are saying in clear black and white that Omega-49 does not belong to the Zoner people while saying they respect that we live there. Like we are squatters for Eris' sake!."
"But that is insane we have been living in Omega 49 for years, way before they even stepped foot in the system."
"All I can say is if they decide to ignore us further in the future, I shall be investing heavily into omega 49 security."

"Reo, I want you to take this transmission log and distribute it to all Zoner's in our crew"
"Sir."
Reo left the Room with a small datapad containing the Bowex transmission.
Xavier looked outside his Ready Room window at the beautiful landscapes of Gran Canaria, silently clenching his fist and wondering, how much more the Zoner people were going to take the arrogance of Bowex.

TAZ Message Dump - Capt. Henry Morgan - 07-06-2009

Source: [TAZ]Lief.Erikson, Freeport 1, Omega-3
Re: Freeport 1 Relief Convoy

Well, lads, I heard about the trouble down at Freeport 1, an' thought that I should load up me hold and lend a hand. Instead o' me usual load of Amulets for the temple on Gran Canaria, me and the lads filled up our hold with relief supplies, and set out for the Freeport. I'm includin' me cargo manifest for the record. *mutters* where's the damn... oh, there it is.

[Image: FP1Cargo.png]
Once I set out from Freeport 6, things went rather well until we got to Leeds. That place is gettin' more hostile by the day. No sooner did we get into the system, than we dropped out of the trade lane. It seems that one of Queen Carina's "Privateers" wanted a word with me. I informed the lad that we were part of a relief effort for Freeport 1. He politely warned me that I was in a war zone, and then let us get on our way. The very next lane down, though, was a different story. We got dropped out of the lane again, this time by one o' those Bretonian Buccaneers, by the name of Thomas Anderson. I gave him the same explanation, hopin' fer a bit o' humanity from him. It wasn't to be, though. He threatened to fire on us if we didn't pay him a half-million credits. Not likin' the idea o' being dead, and knowing that Freeport 1 needed the supplies I was hauling, I transferred the credits over. The Buccaneer promptly let me go. He had the gall to thank me for my business, the filthy git.

Anyway, after we got out o' Leeds, the trip got considerably smoother. It seems that the Bretonians are doing a better job patrollin' New London and Cambridge. Shortly after that, we made it into Omega-3, and approached Freeport 1. We weren't the only relief vessel there, either. We had quite the response from Zoners of all stripes.

[Image: screen9small.png]
After greetin' the fleet, we set down on Freeport 1, and began the task o' unloadin' and distributin' the relief supplies. I'd best be helpin', too, I think.
Hail Eris! -><- καλλιστι -><- All Hail Discordia!

TAZ Message Dump - Weepig - 07-06-2009

-----Incoming Transmission-----

Safely back aboard Freeport 9

Hail,

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all that turned up for the repair effort. We at OSI regularly fly past FP 1 and frequent the facilities there so we were glad to help out in the relief effort.

While i fly a Virage and the amount of supplies i could carry was limited , it looks like the armada that brought in vital supplies while i was there must have gone a long way to repairing the station. I know ships continued to turn up after we, OSI, left after dropping off our cargo.

As i turned to leave i took this gun cam shot of the ships that were unloading.

If there is anything else i can do to help, let me know.

Spartacus Weepiglet

TAZ Message Dump - Doc Holliday - 07-07-2009

Planet Cambridge, Cambridge System
House of Bretonia

Doctor's medical log, 0200,

Due to an attack on Freeport 1 in the Omega 3 system by the Wilde, I faced my first real medical emergency today, flying in from New Berlin with needed supplies and my own expertice. I wasn't sure what to expect but what I found has left me angry, saddened and just plain tired. If I can find one silver lining to this otherwise dark cloud is that the medical staff aboard the station did an outstanding job as did many of the Zoner transports who responded to evacuate people off of the station and get them to safety. Still, many people were there in need of help upon my arrival.

There is nothing more disheartening than seeing a crying child who has been hurt in a senseless attack. Well, that's the first thing I found. One young boy in particular was screaming in pain due to a broken arm as the staff ran out of sedatives and pain killers. I attended to him first, setting his arm and helping with the pain and then getting him out on a transport. I haven't seen him since but I suspect he was taken to Gran Canaria.

As for me, I just finished my rounds here after bringing 25 critically burned Zoner personel to Cambridge Medical. It was disgusting. A mix of fuel and oxidizers caused severe chemical burns on them all, some of them deep tissue burns, from an exploding cell. Of the 25 I personally brought here, 23 are now stable although they will bear the scars for the rest of their lives. One is still fighting for his life. I've done all I can and he is now in the care of the staff here who are much better equipped than I. Still, for me, the worst job is yet to come.

I have one death to report. Mr. Jeffrey Ralston, succumbed to his injuries less than an hour ago. Despite my best efforts, and Eris knows I tried, I couldn't save him. He was so badly disfigured from the burns that he had to be indentified by dental records. The real hard part will be having to tell his buddies or worst yet, his family. He leaves behind 2 children.

I will be staying here to take care of those who still are alive, working with the staff who have been most helpful for a better part of the week. Midori wants to join me but fear of Bretonian reprisal against her for being a Kusari woman, she is staying home. If Mr. Ralston is the only death after all of this, I will be amazed.

TAZ Message Dump - kindred - 07-08-2009

[Incoming Transmission]
Comm ID: Don Quixote
RE: Corsair vessel Nikolai

Ahoy! Being suddenly awakened by the brutal sound of the Baffin general alarm I had to pilot
the Corvo in my vintage mickey mouse pajamas, I have already apologized to my crew for this
and would like to extend the apology to anyone else in Baffin who witnessed this.
The general alarm, Right. A corsair gunboat going by the name Nikolai was attempting to pirate
the TAZ vessel Law_of_Fives, in front of Shasta, none the less. Where according to base records he
had just undocked from. Downright rude I say, pirating those who have offered you such hospitality.
The corsair Nikolai initially entered cruise to possibly flee but then came to a halt, turned around and
came forth to engage me. He underestimated my crews excitement of the first battle in a new vessel.
[Image: Nikolai_00.JPG]
The TAZ vessel Flagheap lumbered into the area a few seconds later, the support is always comforting.
From his escape pod the Corsair sent me this message.
[Image: Nikolai_01.JPG]
There were three more distress calls from Freeport 6 regarding this corsair later on, he kept his word.
However he always did enter cruise and run off to hide in Tau-31 every time I came within scanner range.
This one is a coward who only strikes the weak, beware of him fellow discordians. Even my mickey mouse
pajamas didn't scare him away for good.

DonQ out.

[Incoming Terminated]

TAZ Message Dump - Joggin - 07-08-2009

Incoming Message: ID: Mad John, The Unreliable...
All aboard the Law of Fives, when me peepers ain't shut. It's a tiring job bein' a Pope an' all.

Thanks fer that Don. Give me a nod and I'll let ya borrow me Gillette Fusion.

I still got my Grandpaw's shavin' brush too, if yer interested, that is.

All the Best Things,

MJ

TAZ Message Dump - Chucc - 07-09-2009

Message To: TAZers
COMM ID: Cid
RE: Nicolai

I too had an encounter with this fellow. Mine was in Tau 31, and he actually sustained major damage trying to get my attention. However, unbeknownst to him I was quite nearing that sixth sheet to the wind, and had the new Whale I have on autopilot to test its controls. Pam actually beeped in from Canaria and told me to answer his hails to Stop. He never said who he was talkin to so I ignored him. Anyways, I finally did stop too, knowin we on at least chatting terms with them Corsair boys and girls. He says, ok, now its 2 mil or die. I laughed, Yup, right there in my shiney new whale, I laughed in his face. I asked him if that was the entire reason he bothered me, and the fool said yes. So I flew away. He fired his disruptors at the asteroids to great avail, I'm sure. I think I heard one giggle. He told me to stop some more and Itold him he hadn't told me any good reason to give him my money. His response made me chuckle pretty good. And I quote "Consider it a donation..." I laughed at him again... Good and hard too I might add. Then I told him we TAZers don't Give donations, we receive them, and he was welcome to send me one.

I have to say he was a lame excuse for a Gunboat pilot. If you ask this old crow.

23's

Cid

Oh, and I have some CM-cam shots too if needed.

TAZ Message Dump - worldstrider - 07-09-2009

*BEGIN ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION*

Ambassador Tinkerbell will be berthing at Yanagi. Transit will be in demounted state and mounted at Yanagi. Purpose to collect a large number of specimens and thin Wild population in area of base. Will return to PR on completion.

*END TRANSMISSION*

TAZ Message Dump - Doc Holliday - 07-09-2009

Planet Cambridge, Cambridge System
House of Bretonia

Doctor's Medical Log

It's been two days since my last entry and I can report that of the remaining twenty four Zoners that survived the attack on Freeport One several days back that I brought here, all are doing much better. In fact, only three require extra medical attention. The others have been discharged and can finish their recovery by the on base medical staff. I'm guessing that within the next day or two the other three will also be released.

I've found myself tired over the last many days as I've worked with the facility staff on these men and with some other patients as well. I must say that I am learning much. I intend to make a few visits here to improve my skills. That and I get a lot of requests to teach some dentistry to students which I do free of charge.

But, as I expected, I had the worse job a doctor could do and that is telling someone the death of a loved one. I had to tell the children of Jeffrey Ralston of their father's death. Admittedly, I cried with those two small children. It was harder to take when I learned that their mother is no longer in the picture, rumored to have been captured or killed by Kusari forces. I have made arrangements with my good friend Grady back on Canaria to take them in as his own. His wife and two kids were very open to it as they themselves are recovering their own lives as well. More and more I begin to understand why I took them on at the Estate.

As far as Midori, we discussed her coming here and we decided it is best she didn't. Between the tensions of Bretonia and her native people and the carnage I see here, we felt it best she stayed at home. If things work as planned, I should be home within a day or two. With these crazy events and just as crazy schedule, we may marry sooner than we planned. If we don't, we may never have the chance.

TAZ Message Dump - Cmdr. Blaine Chara - 07-09-2009

Comm ID: [TAZ]I.K.S. Vor'cha

"Commander," called the young communcations officer as he hurriedly walked towards Matok with some reports, "I think you should look at these, Sir."

"Hm," grumbled Matok, taking the reports, "thank you. Return to your post."
He began reading many reports of Zoners being pirated in Leeds but worse, being harassed in the Taus and in their home system of Baffin. After reading them, he put them on his lap and looked straight ahead as he thought out loud to himself.

"Buccaneers and the QCP causing trouble and an indie Corsair in Baffin. Such honorless dogs," he grumbled.
Overhearing him, his first officer asked, "Sir, didn't you talk with a QCP not long ago?"
"Hm," he answered with a nod, "Carruthers. I see that accomplished nothing."
He then turned to his first officer.

"Klingon, lets get some provisions, sober up the crew and do a good check over the ship. I think it's time we go spend some time out in the Taus and Baffin."

"It will be done, Sir," answered his first officer who then left to do as he was ordered.

Matok grumbled under his breath again, "try that with me you ha'dlBAHs!. I think it is time you learned some Klingon diplomacy."