Discovery Gaming Community
What is this? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is this? (/showthread.php?tid=3001)

Pages: 1 2

What is this? - Korrd - 06-02-2007

It has just come to my attention that the SA is policing the Texas system, and asking people to leave.
I am warning you guys, that you have no authority to ask people to leave a system except while inside your home system.

I've also got a message of somebody, whose identity I will not reveal, telling me about a ban threat.

I warn now to everybody, that threatening with a ban will only lead to me banning you. I will not tolerate that kind of threats. Only Admins can do so, that's why we are here.

I must also remind factions, that you cannot order people around unless they are on your home system. Only place where the faction authority is supreme, is in home system.

What is this? - Raven_ipb2_import227 - 06-02-2007

Good point to make Korrd, but can I also quickly ask a question relating to this?

What about contraband scanning? Namely for a house faction, like is a house faction allowed to scan for contraband in all house systems, or only the system they own?

What is this? - DBoy1612 - 06-02-2007

Well question... Define "Kick".

Like... Ok, lets say I am a Liberty Police pilot and I see a Pirate in Texas. Can I kick him out? (Attacking is option 2)

What is this? - Mastery - 06-02-2007

How do you plan to kick him out without attacking?

Of course a true pirate would avoid known police, and ambush traders when they enter the system.

What is this? - Korrd - 06-02-2007

Scanning is ok.
Attacking is ok, as long as its ok with RP-PvP rules.
ordering him to leave, is not.

What is this? - caylith - 06-02-2007

Hmm, I don't understand this. You can't tell a pirate or terrorist to get out of a system that you have influence over? What if someone is carrying artifacts or cardamine? Are they still gonna be allowed to dock, sell their goods and come back to do it again?

I'm thinking of RM on this. We have pirates coming through all the time. We can tell them to get out of New Berlin but when they follow traders into Hamburg...we can't tell him to get out of there too? We are still RM, we still wear the Rheinland Military tag and ID.

As a phantom i've been told to leave many places (:P) Never bothered me that it wasn't a home system, only makes sense that the SF should try to kick me out of Leeds just as quickly as they'd kick me out of Cambridge.

What about telling a trader they can't dock and must pay a fine for carrying contraband? I can do that in New Berlin but not in Hamburg? Can we tell this smuggler to get out of Hamburg, just like we'd do in New Berlin? If not, pilots will abuse this loophole for their benefit.

Saying you can't police an influenced system (I mean kicking people out, etc) basically cuts the lawfuls ability to do anything that's not in their home system.

Where does the zone of influence come into play? What can be enforced and not enforced in your home system and outside of it? There are a lot of gray areas here.

What is this? - Yngen - 06-02-2007

I seem to recall hearing Igiss say that if a player faction follows an NPC faction closely, then that player faction can police/regulate the same places as those NPCs (Lib Navy in this case.) The difference between policing a home system (Virginia for the SA,) and a system that falls within the NPC Z.O.I is that a player faction can make whatever laws it likes for its home system, while the ZOI systems must be regulated exactly like the NPCs.

The question is: does telling another player, such as a pirate or terrorist, to leave a purely NPC Z.O.I system within the scope of that NPC factions behaviors? If you take this conservatively, then no. NPCs do not ask pirates or terrorists to leave, they simply attack them. If you take this liberally, you might see some opportunity for good role play by giving player factions some verbal options in addition to attacking the bad guys.

I don't know what happened in Texas, but I would think the SA guy would have to have a valid RP reason for telling another player to leave. A reason based on the behaviors of the Liberty Navy specifically.

What is this? - bluntpencil2001 - 06-02-2007

What if your faction generally makes a point of being, well, rude?

For instance, my character, RAHF-Ares, is an SCRA pilot.

When he sees people he doesn't like (Pretty much anyone that's not SCRA or Corsair) hanging around the fringe space that he frequents, he tells them to beat it. Sure, they generally run away after threats or attacks, or have handy excuses like "No, I'm but a civilian trader! Don't hurt me!", and that's cool - they'll get a not-so-friendly "Stay away from me" message. But still, the Alliance aren't going to get any respect anywhere at all, from him.

What is this? - Koolmo - 06-02-2007

Well, in reality, he'd be shooting them, rather than talking to them...

What is this? - bluntpencil2001 - 06-02-2007

' Wrote:Well, in reality, he'd be shooting them, rather than talking to them...

Not allowed to shoot civvies, sir. Even if they deserve it.