Discovery Gaming Community
concept model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: concept model (/showthread.php?tid=30129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

concept model - Jinx - 11-24-2009

firstly:

this is only a concept idea how a revised juggernaut "may" look like...

[Image: revisedjuggernautconcept.png]
it leaves the old "CIS star frigate" ( the old star wars model ) shape more and more - getting close to the smooth lines of a huge colony ship.

the idea behind the concept is :

- a huge cargo and living space in the whole front section
- two instead of three biodomes - but larger than the ones before
- MUCH more mass than the current one - especially in the verticals ( as you can see in the side view, it has a massive module underneath the mainshell )
- the "spiderweb" thingy now serves a purpose ( a physical shield that can be folded / unfolded )
- more engine power - one main and two support engines instead of the rather small single engine
- a LOT more windows than the current juggernaut to suggest that its a civilian colony ship - sort of.

the whole design is sleeker - and possibly too sophisticated for a zoner ship ( well, its only a concept ) - well, for now, enjoy....

edit:
yes, i know - there are plenty of ships that rather need a revision - like the blocky homeworld ships... but its still important to improve the quality of the ships we have - and possibly also progress the design ( in terms of - zoners actually refitting their existing ships )

concept model - Leo - 11-24-2009

Ok, so now I need to go buy me another Zoner Juggernaut (to replace the one I lost before) and re-buy it, because Jinx, you're the master.

Such a sexy ship.

~Leo

concept model - kimiji - 11-24-2009

Really, that looks great. I like it a lot. Very cleanly modeled.

concept model - paradoxx - 11-24-2009

that looks pretty good, can we get more details later

concept model - Boss - 11-24-2009

Why do you insist on calling such beautiful ships "concepts"?

I'd very much like to see these drifting in the Omicrons. In bitty pieces, yes (/keepermode), but I'd still love to see them.

concept model - Seth Karlo - 11-24-2009

That is sex in space.

Another incredible model jinx.

concept model - Luis - 11-24-2009

Nicely done.

Your skills are getting me very jealous lol, but I'll soon learn how to model my own styles. But when it comes to texturing, I need a tutor, nau!

concept model - Ash - 11-24-2009

Very curvy, looks like a tadpole.

It's a good thing. But The uniform of Zoner ships is starting to get a bit lost. I don't see any resemblence. But for god sake, you gonna resemble the rest of em then make em like this.

concept model - Luis - 11-24-2009

' Wrote:Very curvy, looks like a tadpole.

No it doesn't. It doesn't have a long tail. Whats a tadpole? The harvestor shf.

Also, whaat do you mean by stating "The uniform of Zoner ships is starting to get a bit lost" ?

concept model - Captain - 11-24-2009

Jush, that is a very nice model, just one Q tough, why that pointed arrow on the back of the ship?

also I say bang a texture on it, and make the Zoner dessie look like his one but then smaller (duh -.-')