Discovery Gaming Community
Err, Roleplay or what ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Err, Roleplay or what ? (/showthread.php?tid=3015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Err, Roleplay or what ? - Fellow Hoodlum - 06-04-2007

Ok, I'm having a sense of humour failure now. The behaviour in roleplay terms of several players is getting
beyond the pale ...
I have come across three players tonight, and due to character associations, I suspect there are at least
three more police tagged chars flying pirate ships, and or, docking on pirate bases, or both ...
Its getting effin rude to those making the effort to seriously roleplay. If you want to just fly those ships, go
play on the PvP server, because thats where you belong.
I'm not one for usually naming names, and most of my complaints are put into an RP scenario, if I can
possibly do it, but this time I've actually had enough ...

Linkes_Ei ---- Hessian Cruiser, Police tag, docked on Malta.
starfire[BS] ---- Liberty Cruiser, Police tag, docked on Cadiz.
[OLD]Koma-Opa ---- Outcast Destroyer, Police tag.

And due to lots of character swapping, rather quickly, another [OLD], Der_Shihan and Alte_Socke are using
the same accounts. starfire, I'm not sure about ...

Bloody sort it out, I'm sick of having white and green chars that should be red, flying ships they have no right
to be using. Its damn disrespectful to a roleplay server where people put plenty of time and effort into their
own characters, and have a right to expect others to do the same.
Why do we have to point this out time and time again ... It says 'Roleplay' in the server title.
And don't start me on stupid names either ...

Hoodlum

Err, Roleplay or what ? - DBoy1612 - 06-04-2007

Agreed, 100%.

Err, Roleplay or what ? - Yngen - 06-04-2007

You might be preaching to the choir here Hood. I have a theory that the people who care about role play are the ones participating in forums. Others are just playing on the server, having read the rules and dont do any more than that.

Err, Roleplay or what ? - bluntpencil2001 - 06-04-2007

I must admit that it's hard to make everyone red that should be red.

If you are supposed to be red against both Outcasts and Corsairs, as military for instance, but have a bad habit of picking on one side, due to being stationed in a certain place, then you may eventually end up green with one side. Kind of silly.

However, there can be decent RP reasons for an unlawful ship to dock on police bases for instance.

1) Smuggling drugs.

2) Ransom money.

3) Busting your mates out of jail.

4) Funding terrorists on-planet.

5) Infiltration. (This is hard...)

Add more below!

Err, Roleplay or what ? - AdmSirRed - 06-04-2007

What ID do they have hoodlem? tag sometime changes rather easily. id should be noted here to and not just tag. if there id is police i can understand that. but if its not. i think ur nitpickign mearly that they ate fixed it yet *it is rather anoying to try and fix tags all the time especily if u make a habit of kiling npcs*

Err, Roleplay or what ? - Korrd - 06-05-2007

I agree.
RP align must not be disregarded. But keeping the right tag is complicated.
Even I have an Asgard ship with zoner ID and corsair tag. Even when I got all correctly set up, killing so many BHG NPC made the corsairs love me...
And let alone my Gaian ship with merc ID and Police tag. Dunno how that one messed up. I guess i took the wrong bribe at some point...

Err, Roleplay or what ? - Archelon - 06-05-2007

Both of my Rogue ships have Rogue IDs, Rogue IFFs and fly Rogue ships. I take missions offered by Rogues ONLY. Even if the best paying mission is offered by an ally, I go with the Rogue mission. Seems to work at keeping your ID and IFF the same.

Also, my Blood Dragon character has a Blood Dragon ID, a Blood Dragon IFF and a Blood Dragon ship.

My Outcast character is a bit different, but will soon be adjusted. This character has an Outcast ID, an Outcast IFF, but a Lane Hacker ship purchased from a Junker base. The ship is likely to be swapped out soon. Just don't fly that character as much.

Err, Roleplay or what ? - Dab - 06-05-2007

' Wrote:I must admit that it's hard to make everyone red that should be red.

If you are supposed to be red against both Outcasts and Corsairs, as military for instance, but have a bad habit of picking on one side, due to being stationed in a certain place, then you may eventually end up green with one side. Kind of silly.

However, there can be decent RP reasons for an unlawful ship to dock on police bases for instance.

1) Smuggling drugs.

2) Ransom money.

3) Busting your mates out of jail.

4) Funding terrorists on-planet.

5) Infiltration. (This is hard...)

Add more below!

Its not a matter of getting everyone red that should be. Thats damn near impossible here. The point is, these people don't have the right TAG. Now the only way to rid yourself of a tag is to shoot the faction that tag is a part of (shoot Corsairs to rid of Corsair tag). A tag can be changed on purpose. You shouldn't be using a ship that your tag does not justify.

Err, Roleplay or what ? - Fellow Hoodlum - 06-05-2007

I'll start off by saying, Red post as much as you like, though I'll ignore every word, and I'm sure enough
people were party to your interpretation of 'roleplay' to be able to not take anything you say seriously.
Moving on now the prelims are over ...
Blunt, you are in the SCRA, sure you have been educated in the ways of the 'stole a ship LOL' style of
roleplay, or lack thereof ... Those boys don't take no sh*t, and I'm sure you don't either.
Heard all those petty thin excuses a thousand times before ... And they couldn't bother replying with one.
Korrd, it ain't that hard, and I know you know that, we all get lost with one char now and again. This is just
getting one rep to get the ship, so they can use the perceived best with another one. Takes the p*ss out
of those who make the effort. If you want to fly as police, get the corresponding hardware ...
Yngen, I'm afraid you are right, and I'm sure they don't even speak English, which while I have no problems
with most of the time, it does say specifically, this is an English speaking server, so its probably falling on
deaf ears.
Someone prove me wrong please, though Red, be hard for you eh ...

Hoodlum

Err, Roleplay or what ? - bluntpencil2001 - 06-05-2007

' Wrote:I'll start off by saying, Red post as much as you like, though I'll ignore every word, and I'm sure enough
people were party to your interpretation of 'roleplay' to be able to not take anything you say seriously.
Moving on now the prelims are over ...
Blunt, you are in the SCRA, sure you have been educated in the ways of the 'stole a ship LOL' style of
roleplay, or lack thereof ... Those boys don't take no sh*t, and I'm sure you don't either.
Heard all those petty thin excuses a thousand times before ... And they couldn't bother replying with one.
<snip>

Now, that wasn't very fair, considering that...

1) My character is a former Corsair. He joined to get his ill gotten gains to the poor. He's not a thief. Well, not any more.

2) WE have access to Corsair weaponry via an arms deal with TBH.

3)There are no Coalition ships.