Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad cap turrets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Nomad cap turrets (/showthread.php?tid=3045)

Pages: 1 2

Nomad cap turrets - will ritson - 06-09-2007

yesterday while traveling though sig 13, i bumped into 2 novaPG players i scanned them to check IDs and wot not.... then to my amazement there in there gun slots they where carrying 2-4 nomad cruiser turrets.

i questioned them about this they said pirate are allowed to use them.:unsure:

would some one plz enlighten me on this. to my understanding nomad turrets and strictly not RP and only nomad players are allowed to have such weps.

Billy the kid out

P.S. have screen shots if any one is intrested.;)

Nomad cap turrets - DBoy1612 - 06-09-2007

' Wrote:nomad turrets and strictly not RP and only nomad players are allowed to have such weps.

(You better not be Victory or I'm going to slap you)

Not only Nomads can have Nomad Weapons. The Order, Corsairs, Outcasts, Blood Dragons, and Zoners all have access to Nomad infested systems. (But BD does not have access to Nomad Turrets).

Though, Blood Dragons do have an affiliation with The Outcasts. So it is possible to get Nomad Turrets from them.

Try thinking outside the box...

Nomad cap turrets - Archelon - 06-09-2007

' Wrote:yesterday while traveling though sig 13, i bumped into 2 novaPG players i scanned them to check IDs and wot not.... then to my amazement there in there gun slots they where carrying 2-4 nomad cruiser turrets.

i questioned them about this they said pirate are allowed to use them.:unsure:

would some one plz enlighten me on this. to my understanding nomad turrets and strictly not RP and only nomad players are allowed to have such weps.

Billy the kid out

P.S. have screen shots if any one is intrested.;)

Yes - this would be nice if only Nomad characters would wear them. But we've discussed this very issue in another thread.

Since everyone on the server is wearing Nomads, it only makes since that pirates get them as well. Why oppress us even more than we already are?

' Wrote:(You better not be Victory or I'm going to slap you)

Not only Nomads can have Nomad Weapons. The Order, Corsairs, Outcasts, Blood Dragons, and Zoners all have access to Nomad infested systems. (But BD does not have access to Nomad Turrets).

Though, Blood Dragons do have an affiliation with The Outcasts. So it is possible to get Nomad Turrets from them.

Try thinking outside the box...

Just about every pirate faction has an affiliation with Outcast. The Liberty Rogues are allied with Outcast, Mollys and Lane Hackers. Rogues have access to Nomads in Alaska and Red Hessians have access to Nomads in the Omegas. Pretty much any faction has access to Nomads.

yes it is Victroy you got something wrong with that DBoy.well BD my be freinds with outcasts but yet these are the only chars i have ever seen with nomad turrets. and neaver seen any other pirates have them.

and i would rather have admin options on this as they are the almighty ones.

Nomad cap turrets - Qunitinius~Verginix - 06-09-2007

Other character's with special RP purpose are alowed the nomad turrets too. Such as my character Gun.Comm~Bryns[Semeter] He is a nomad infested brentonian who uses a few nomad cannons on his ship because well, he is one, but his ship is a Brentonian one so it looks suspicious to the authorities.

Verginix Out

Nomad cap turrets - DBoy1612 - 06-09-2007

' Wrote:Just about every pirate faction has an affiliation with Outcast. The Liberty Rogues are allied with Outcast, Mollys and Lane Hackers. Rogues have access to Nomads in Alaska and Red Hessians have access to Nomads in the Omegas. Pretty much any faction has access to Nomads.

Well there ya go then.

Billy the Kid Wrote:yes it is Victroy you got something wrong with that DBoy.

Ya, I do. Because your the one who has been flying around the server quoting rules that make no sence and and don't exist... Like the one where you can't have more then 2 Nomad Guns? Can't have the same CODENAMES on 1 ship? People not allowed to have the guns in the first plaec? ect ect. But now were going off topic.

There should only be ONE place for rules. The admins created a read only thread with the rules laid out in plain, simple terms. If anything exists outside what is written in that thread, it is not official.

Now there are some rules that have come about that have yet to be added to the official rules thread (such as shield running, Nomad guns, etc) that are being enforced. I appeal to the admins to update the read only rules thread to reflect current rules that are sanctionable.

Nomad cap turrets - Dab - 06-09-2007

No one should quote any rules except from the very rules thread.

Anyone is allowed Nomad GUNS. Turrets are a different matter, but its usually not much of an issue unless the guy has tons of them, like Leonidas with a Liberty Battlecruiser with ALL Nomad Turrets.

Oh BTW Archelon, your wrong on two points. There are no Nomads in the Omegas.. The only place Nomads are found are Omicrons and Unknowns. Also, not everyone has nomad weaponry on every ship. I have one ship with nomad weapons. A fighter. 1 out of 16 has Nomad weaponry. Everything else has faction weaponry. Bundschuh has Lugers, GC has Disinfectors, etc. So please don't talk in general terms about these kind of things.

how many would then say is alot as one of them had 4 nomad turrets.