Discovery Gaming Community
To The Junkers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To The Junkers (/showthread.php?tid=30698)

To The Junkers - Doc Holliday - 12-07-2009

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Junker Leadership

Greetings Junker Leaders,

I trust this finds you all in good health and safety. I received a disturbing report of one of our Fearless Destroyers in the hands of one of your Junker pilots. I believe his name is Walter F. This is all I have but it's pretty conclusive: Proof

Now, I don't have any ill feeling towards this man but I'm sure you understand that our destroyers are something we only allow amongst our own as much as Junker cap ships are for Junkers only. Is this Walter F. under your guidance? Can you get him to trade it in? We can send a crew to retrieve it. Or should we just bounty this person? I don't want to do anything rash before I consult you.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday

To The Junkers - Rudo - 12-07-2009

>>> TRANSMISSION RECEIVED <<<

COMM ID: Arbiter Hannibal Bishop
LOCATION: Bridge of Congress frigate 'Machiavelli' - last relay point Texas ComSat X-34

Salutations;

I'll skip the pleasantries. Let's not waste valuable time and transmitter wear and tear. I'm curious about this myself.

Perhaps what you see is the salvaged hulk of one of those ships missing in action, though certainly through our running of Puerto Rico we'd have either seen the vessel being refitted at Vieques, or observed the requisition of parts that only we can provide. I have no records of material or personnel requisitions to suggest such an event, and such things do not pass unnoticed.

Or maybe a thorough audit of your own shipyards' stockpiles and the recent monetary acquisitions of those managing them may turn up what you want to know. Every man has his price, after all. And few such as me know that no matter how tightly you police what you believe is yours, if there are two people working for you then there will be secrets kept from you. Look for subnets in your networks as well.

Congress agents and myself will attempt to contact 'Walter F.' of the nameless mystery destroyer. We will ask him to replace what you now claim is stolen and is irrefutably in his possession. If he is another of the recent scores of Junkers with too much personal capital who has forgotten his roots under the vague notion of "Protecting Junker Interests", instead endangering them through blatant military bravado and wasted manpower... well, that a long sentence. Pardon me.
*Bishop pauses, gathering his thoughts. His face lights up as he remembers where he was going with this.*
There have been many 'military' Junkers in recent times. Few have done us any good as there are always repercussions for your finger being on the trigger. We are a scattered people and can't afford such repercussions. More importantly, we are a pragmatic people and don't want such repercussions.

I'm aware that if there is anything an outsider knows about the Junkers, it's that we look out for our own. We do. My personal annoyance aside, it's for that reason we'll act as a mediating party so this comes to a peaceful solution. The crew of that ship shouldn't be put in danger based on the misguided decisions of her captain.

To prosperity,

Hannibal

>>> TRANSMISSION END <<<

To The Junkers - Doc Holliday - 12-07-2009

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Arbiter Bishop,

I thank you for your response. It's not my wish or the wish of any Zoner to see the crew of the Fearless harmed, that is why I brought this to your attention, for a peaceful resolve. I have many Junker friends and I have much respect for Junkers as well and have done business with them before and will continue to do so when opportunities present themselves.

I will not issue any bounties on Walter F. Rather, I will keep my eyes open for him. Hopefully he's a man willing to listen.

Dr. John Henry Holliday