Discovery Gaming Community
The best game ever.... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: The best game ever.... (/showthread.php?tid=308)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

The best game ever.... - Korrd - 11-11-2005

In your opinion, what is the best game you have played?
Don't consider graphics level. Just plot, fun factor, and replayability..

The game I liked the most was Starcontrol II. It's quite old (around 13 years old), but it was good. It was a "RPG" with some strategy and mysteries to be solved... I liked it.
The plot was quite intriguing...

In the sector map, you had around 100 systems to explore, with around 7 planets per system, some of them with up to 4 moons..
Around 14 races (7 per side), each one with a [very] different ship that you can fly. (at the point that a strategy you use with one ship is useless with another).

For today's standards it's not that good (graphics are terrible compared to today's games, and IA is a little dumb), but the concept and the plot was awesome...

This is the link, if you are interested: http://sc2.sourceforge.net

The source code was set free in 2002. Actually there is a new version called "The ur-quan masters" that can run on actual PC's. And a SC 2.5 being made by fans (i've read the argument, it is quite good). (The SC III, the sequel, was quite bad)...

EDIT: replaced "argument" with "plot"
Edit2: corrected the terrible grammar. Thanks to Osorojo for pointing out the mistakes.

The best game ever.... - metamay - 11-11-2005

Definately System Shock 2.

I don't know what you mean by argument and I haven't played it all that many times, but it's the best game I've ever played: The immersion factor is huge and it has great sounds and interface.

The best game ever.... - Korrd - 11-11-2005

metamay,Nov 11 2005, 02:42 PM Wrote:Definately System Shock 2.

I don't know what you mean by argument and I haven't played it all that many times, but it's the best game I've ever played: The immersion factor is huge and it has great sounds and interface.
[snapback]4984[/snapback]
Sorry. i was trying to say plot (the word argumento (spanish) can be translated to "argument" or "plot")

The best game ever.... - EverBlue - 11-12-2005

Dune II
Doom I
Doom II
Hexen
Colonization
Eye of the Beholder (I, II, III)
Baldur's Gate 2

The best game ever.... - khwain - 11-15-2005

Some odd reason, I liked silent death, though it's not here anymore....Fun as hell 2d space combat thingy.....until the speedhax

The best game ever.... - Dab - 11-15-2005

I cant really remember the name of it but it was PS2 game (back before mine broke down) it is alot like mechassault but more fun and not so slow. Oh and Halo 2.

The best game ever.... - Korrd - 11-16-2005

Dab,Nov 15 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:I cant really remember the name of it but it was PS2 game (back before mine broke down) it is alot like mechassault but more fun and not so slow. Oh and Halo 2.
[snapback]5311[/snapback]
Is halo 2 for PC available? I liked the 1, and i would like to play the 2nd one...

The best game ever.... - Met2085 - 11-16-2005

no it isnt yet :( and i agree i liked halo 1 for pc

The best game ever.... - Virus - 11-16-2005

Dab,Nov 15 2005, 03:09 PM Wrote:I cant really remember the name of it but it was PS2 game (back before mine broke down) it is alot like mechassault but more fun and not so slow. Oh and Halo 2.
[snapback]5311[/snapback]

Mechwarriors? Is that it? Mechwarriors 1, 2, 3.... Maybe 4....

I lost count a while ago....

My favorite game is *drum roll* FREELANCER.
Yeah, you saw it coming.

-Virus

The best game ever.... - xit - 11-16-2005

Favorite game(s) of all time:

Speedball 2 :cool:
Super Cars 1+2
Rise of The Triad
James Pond 2
Dune 2
Civ 1

Oldies but goodies. :happy: