Discovery Gaming Community
I just thought of a wonderful idea. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: I just thought of a wonderful idea. (/showthread.php?tid=30901)

Pages: 1 2

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - Corsair - 12-11-2009

When a pirate asks your 3k+ transport for 500 ore, give him the 500 instead of being forced to give him all.

Or pay him 2 million to avoid losing your cargo. Seriously, I've made way more money on my Pirate Hogosha Transport than I should be.

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - NixOlympica - 12-11-2009

' Wrote:When a pirate asks your 3k+ transport for 500 ore, give him the 500 instead of being forced to give him all.

Or pay him 2 million to avoid losing your cargo. Seriously, I've made way more money on my Pirate Hogosha Transport than I should be.

I'm not getting it. I think you discovered America ...

Bingo?

I've seen people I -know- use the forums try to silently flounder away from my mean ol' pirate transport. It seems so simple a thing.

Then I find people avoiding lanes entirely, flying above the plane to try and avoid me. Which tacks on another 10-20 minutes that could be avoided by chipping off 1/50 of your profit.

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - sovereign - 12-11-2009

' Wrote:When a pirate asks your 3k+ transport for 500 ore, give him the 500 instead of being forced to give him all.

This is how I got 200 million in two hours without pissing anyone off (as far as I know). Small(er) demands mean the pirate isn't just a pvpwhore with a pirate ID, but that they at least have some interest in your ability to enjoy the game. We want to support that kind of thing. Granted, if you think you can get away safely that's always an option, but please just pay the pirate their little bit rather than going "splode" on principle... this not only keeps you alive, lets you still have profit after being pirated, but also shows the 10milordai pirates that being nice can be rewarding and (hopefully) encourages some of them to issue more reasonable demands to those of us who are actually into paying when there's a reason to do so.

Not to mention that pirates sometimes have backup. Non-compliant transport gets stopped three lanes down by a Phantom/Ame-chan/other assorted accomplice "why hello there" and starts really wishing they had handed me a measly 500 ore rather than all of it.

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - Exsiled_one - 12-11-2009

Call the president. Someone is onto us skilled pirates.

While I try to roleplay with traders, they either silently try and cruise away, swear me out, or shoot at me.

But hey, it's their loss.

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - Rudo - 12-11-2009

I must be playing at the wrong times. I just as often get negotiated with on my Molly.

"All right, give me a thousand units of ore as the start of your restitution for the old miners."
"Five hundred okay? I've got a family."
"Five hun...? Fine, you're a family man. Go hug your children, you'll get to see them again."

Then afterward I have to find a Junker or a Freelancer and sell it to him for about sixty percent of its cost. Bluh, too much work.:unsure:

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - Zeb Harley - 12-12-2009

You know something? Paying pirates is quite lame. It's no fun at all.
I could as well tell everyone my cashcode and run around Sirius unheeded. I think you as a pirate have to earn your money.
If the trader dies in the process, well, he made the wrong choice. But that's his problem, not yours.

Today I actually had an encounter with a Hogosha pirate trans between New Tokyo and Shinagawa. I did not even bother to turn my ship around to go back, because I was perfectly sure to be able to get to Shinagawa.

It got a little more hairy when a second P-trans came to support the first one, but I still docked with over 200 Botts on my Firefly.

None of the Pirates even had time to make a demand, they were too busy persuing my transport.
That chase was fun! Why should I, as a trader, surrender my ship until the pirate poses a threat to it?

Give me a break and enjoy it when you earn more from getting a hand on other people's cargo than from them paying your fee.

Are you pirating for money? I am not trading for money but for the fun of pirates around. I would not trade at all if there were no pirates worth trading.

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 12-12-2009

' Wrote:None of the Pirates even had time to make a demand, they were too busy persuing my transport.

Not fun at all. Expecialy then you are writing a demand, and transport instead of showing any rp sings, cruisses away.

I just thought of a wonderful idea. - Bolverk - 12-12-2009

That's why I usually make some outrageous demand so I can blow him up if he tries to run.
If he stops, then we can discuss the terms.