Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer NPC Faction? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Freelancer NPC Faction? (/showthread.php?tid=3130)

Pages: 1 2 3

Freelancer NPC Faction? - heathensoul - 06-21-2007

Hi!

For some reason, the Freelancer NPCs hate my character. Now, according to the infocard, they have no enemies and no allies. But somehow, killing other NPCs (I didn't kill a single Freelancer before they were hostile to me) or something else made them hate me. Apparently they aren't really neutral, after all.

So, basically I've got two questions:
What gets the Freelancers mad?
And how do I get back on their good side? (Is there a bribe somewhere? Some NPC faction I can blow up to get a better rep with the Freelancers?)

By the way, the char I'm talking about is HF, so he's got a bad rep with house corporations and most house officals.
I ask this question, because I got another char who I want to be on good terms with the Freelancers, but already dropped to negative neutral.

Greetings,
Heathen.

Freelancer NPC Faction? - MrSns - 06-21-2007

Yes i have wonderd this as well, I have been trying to get the Freelancer's tag for some time on one of my chars as well.

Freelancer NPC Faction? - Fellow Hoodlum - 06-21-2007

Shooting them gets them real mad, and very quickly ... Not sure what else does though. The ones I have red
on my rep board are there on purpose. Their status with other NPCs needs a bit of research.
Possibly, as your char is Hacker based, being on the wrong side of the law has an influence. Your targets will
be mainly lawful ones.
Like the Nomads and the Wild, and of course the Phantoms, there is no way to get them back ... You cannot
take missions for them, there are no bribes available ... And its completely impossible to get a tag for them
without divine intervention.

Hoodlum

Hmm, yeah... as I stated, I never shot one of them, until they started shooting me. Before that, though, I noticed my rep with them slowly but steadily decreasing... until it reached hostile. So I guess it could have to do with me killing lawful NPCs...
But I don't think that fits, since Freelancers do jobs for unlawful factions, too (as experienced in FL single player campaign:D). If that's the reason, then I think it should be changed. They should be either completely neutral or the infocard should state otherwise.

Not possible to get the tag, eh? Well, that's okay for me. There are other neutral Tags out there, Zoners for example (what else, by the way?). I'd just like to avoid having them shoot at me for no reason... especially with my new char.

Freelancer NPC Faction? - DBoy1612 - 06-21-2007

Its Bounty Hunters... If your a Lane Hacker, your obviously killing a lot of BHG correct?

Thats why. BHG effects Freelancer rep.

Oh... Yeah, that's right. I hunt hunters all the time... okay, I guess that's an explanation.
So, if I get on good terms with bounty hunters with my other char, do some missions for 'em, I'll get a good rep with Freelancers? Maybe even a Tag? After killing a few Hunters afterwards, of course.

As for as I know. FL Rep can not go up, even with BHG missions.

Give it a try though, let me know the results.:)

Freelancer NPC Faction? - Eppy - 06-21-2007

But you're a HACKER! How can you take missions from the BHG? Show some pride, man! Let the Freelancers burn! Cardamine Pride!

I think he meant in a new character Epyon...:dry::P

Freelancer NPC Faction? - Jack Archer - 06-21-2007

I think the BHG has nothing to do with it. Most of my characters are Unlawfully alined, they all are or perrty close to fully hostile to the BHG.
Yet my reps to Freelancers are still neutral, And I've killed about 3 Freelancers though...