Discovery Gaming Community
Rule question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rule question (/showthread.php?tid=3137)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rule question - Demonic Spoon - 06-22-2007

Alrighty. Is a pirate/terrorist (e.g. a xeno) allowed to blow a freighter carrying goods out of the sky without demanding money first? The rules state that terrorists/pirates can attack "Traders that do not pay for passage", but the IDs state they can attack other such ships at will. Clarification?

Rule question - crow - 06-22-2007

only xeno's can blow up transport with out asking for cargo first and any other pirate must ask for the cargo first and then kill them or leave with the cargo.

Rule question - TheMaskedOne - 06-22-2007

For Xenos...they are terrorists...Terrorists can shoot or kill what ever they want when they want how they want without having to demand anything (Thats what I have been told)

If you a pirate for example: Blood Dragon. They are terrorists only in Kusari and can kill KNF or any of their enemys without having to demand anything...but they can't just blow the trader up.

And my little question:

Is a Pirate allowed to have a hit list? So if say Demonmic was a trader and he didn't meet my demands....If I Black List him...can I just go and shoot him again and again every time I see him in space untill he kills me or he finally meets my demands?

Cheers

Rule question - AdmSirRed - 06-22-2007

better example. somone can demand 50 mil form you. if u refuse. he can kill u any time he feels like goign aroudn the rules. and some systems are owned and have their own private rles so ide check on those.

Rule question - Dab - 06-22-2007

Xenos can't ask traders for money, against there ID. I believe that Igiss meant to bar Xenos from attacking traders completely, but I can't be sure of this.

A PIRATE cannot kill the trader without asking for money or cargo. No matter what you see in the ID, always follow the rules stated in the list here on the forums. Just because it IS shown here, and not shown in game, doesn't mean the rules don't apply. You MAY attack a trader before demanding money from them, but you cannot fire the killing blow without asking for money.

Rule question - Korrd - 06-22-2007

Xenos are supposed to be against foreign trading. They do attack traders to prevent them from trading with liberty... Why should they be disallowed to do so?

Rule question - Mr_3ppozz - 06-22-2007

I agree with Korrd BUT

If a xenos pilot sees a Large Train, carrying whatever kind of load, he can just blast him out of the sky.

Let make it in a workable example.

Im flying in California with a Cargo load full of H-Fuel, I'm tagged with Liberty Police and a Trader ID.

Ofcourse he'll shoot me down because im Liberty police, but lets make it in to a Interspace Commerce Tag.

That should mean that im a local trader. But he thinks i got my H-Fuel from Kusari space, and shoots me down (because he "thinks"). When i get back in the game, i acuse that very same Xenos pilot of being out of RP, because i got my H-Fuel from Los Angeles.

What is going to happen then. As far is i see it, a xenos pilot can only shoot someone down, when he's not in a liberty freighter or transport, and not flying with a liberty tag and id.

Lets make it VERY clear on these points..

BTW Phantoms can also shoot anyone down without any questions being asked.

Rule question - Craines - 06-22-2007

Xenos actually shouldn't attack Liberty people... SA not included, of course.

I think. I dunno. Not having but 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours is addling me O_o

My brain! It's collapsing! I need more COFFEE!

Rule question - Dog-Soldier - 06-22-2007

Is it me or is this issue being raised alot lately about who can attack and kill poor traders with or without a warning shot or demanding money? Certainly seems the rules need padding out abit to include the Faction ID Card directions....after the last thread I read I was under the impression that only Phantom Terrorist ID holders could attack without warning (And that ID is specific to the Phantoms)...till next time then...

Rule question - dimebag - 06-22-2007

Xeno ID States

Xeno Terrorist ID
Pilot carrying this ID has joined Xenos. Xeno ID owners can attack any lawful and most unlawful ships at will and participate in military operations on unlawful side. Xeno ID owners are not allowed to ally with lawful forces or demand cargo from traders; also, they are not allowed to use capital ships, super heavy fighters, transports, and liners.
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters
Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID, is a serious crime.

Thus, Xenos are NOT allowed to demand cargo, and can shoot anyone with a lawful/unlawful IFF/Tag at will.

Xeno Enemys listed from game: Outcasts, Liberty Rogues, Lane Hackers, Junkers, Bounty Hunters, House Police, House Military and House Corporations.

What does this mean? It means when I am flying my Xeno, anyone with a trader ID and one of the above affiliations WILL be killed. Why? Because you may be a trader but your still an enemy of mine.

From my understanding, playing a NPC faction you are suppost to act like them? I dont think the NPC xenos care if your a trader or not they'll still shoot at you if your enemys.