Discovery Gaming Community
A good beginner VHF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A good beginner VHF (/showthread.php?tid=31387)

Pages: 1 2 3

A good beginner VHF - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 12-20-2009

Welp, Here i am again looking for pointers. I have 740m and im bored of my battleships.

Go figure. I need a good fighter, so i can get some practice. Has to have level 10 slots and I dont care what faction it is. I dont fly fighters much or at all. I feel too vulnerable. So make sure its either fast or has a lot of armor.

Thank you for your help.

A good beginner VHF - Robert.Fitzgerald - 12-20-2009

Titan, Sabre, Eagle, Touketsu, Virage, Werewolf, Guardian...

Basically all the VHFs are usable. Take your pick; ones that look good or are in factions you're interested in would be good choices.

Get lots of practice in the ship you choose and you'll do better than if you just picked a "good vhf" and ignored the training aspect.

Werewolf has "SN ME" painted on the side, and flying manueerable ships isnt something im good at. Thanks for the help though. I might get a stinger... Or a titan... hmm

A good beginner VHF - Corsair - 12-20-2009

Since you're coming from a capship, going straight to a maneuverable ship won't be easy. I suggest getting a bomber indie and training with some factions for a while. Then to to fighters.

Im thinking of a Bastet or Nephy, They're fast, powerful and look nice. Downside is the Nomads eat me up in fighters. I just fail at evading.

Which is why im a battleship pilot.

A good beginner VHF - Bobthemanofsteel - 12-20-2009

I'll have your caps if you're bored of them ;D

Also, I've only used a Roc, and one of the Imports (Can't remember what it's called), but if you want something that feels like a cap, go with the rock.

It's so awesome it doesn't even bank when it turns!

A good beginner VHF - sean24 - 12-20-2009

If your going for the order fighters, get a nephthus. Bastet looks nice and shiny with its 6 class 10 slots, but its reactor is comparable to outdated ships found in scrapyards on Manhatten.

EDIT: I also recomend a Sabre, or an Odin, or a Gaurdian. They are my favourite VHF's. Gaurdian is probably not a good starter pack though, it has an interesting gun layout and has less armor than the others.

I also do not recomend codenames. They cost too much and you want to practice with class 9 faction guns and stuff first.

A good beginner VHF - gafiaiiu - 12-20-2009

Stinger: Heavier armour than the eagle, and handles more easily
Collector: Pretty much a tank, 110 bots and bats, Small profile, but slower than almost the rest of the fighters.
Templar: Heavier range fighter, got better armor than most.
Dacite: Really large, poor armour, but has a forward turret if you don't want the sabre.

I think ill hit up the stinger. Perhaps a Freelancer or Bounty Hunter. Hehe, Thanks everyone.

Prepare for a lot of blue messages on my side...

A good beginner VHF - Rudo - 12-20-2009

Titan is a good classical fighter, as is the Sabre. I learned how to fight in the Sabre back in the day.

The Manta is a great, great all-arounder. The Raven's Talon is pretty and has slow but graceful maneuvering.

That's all I can think of that you'd be interested in.