Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 (/showthread.php?tid=31670)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Fletcher - 12-25-2009

With people using the Civilian ID or any ID while being under level 29, there is usually the rule shield to protect them in most scenarios.

However, I ask that when a level 29 or below enters a guard system of any kind, they are free to be engaged and destroyed.

I ask this to prevent 'scout' abuse, 'zealous explorers' and reinforces the fact that the guard systems are not your place to be.

Simple addition.

Feedback?

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Reverend Del - 12-25-2009

Actually I'd like guard systems to be a little less useless, at the moment 90% of them are just one stop equipment shops with little to no RP value. I understand that under-levels in your system may be somewhat annoying but unless thay are actually abusing the ID I'd sonner not allow this rule addition. If they are code hunting then once they have the code you can waste them.

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - BaconSoda - 12-25-2009

I was under the impression that if a faction owned a system, they could tax people in whatever they wanted (Cruiser, BS, etc.) and attack people of any level. Is that right, or no?

' Wrote:I was under the impression that if a faction owned a system, they could tax people in whatever they wanted (Cruiser, BS, etc.) and attack people of any level. Is that right, or no?
I didn't see any official ruling when I scanned through the PvP rules.

EDIT: I see it now under the faction rules.

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Wood - 12-25-2009

From the Civilian ID, from the Wiki:

Quote:Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID, is a serious crime. A ship with a Civilian ID under level 30 can only be attacked if it enters a Guard system, attacks another player, is at the site of a battle, is in possession of a CODENAME weapon, or is in the Connecticut system.

Quote from Server Rules:
Quote:5.3 Characters that are level 29 and below may only be attacked if at least one of the following conditions is met:

a) They do not have a civilian ID. Recruit IDs should be respected if the person is using it appropriately.
b) They attack you first by draining your shields to 50% or disrupt your cruise engines.
c) They are at the scene of a battle between yourself and someone else and refuse to leave when told to leave. (Civilians should leave the area when combat takes place or accept the risk of being attacked if remaining. Onlookers are fair targets.)
d) Civilians who possess a CODENAME weapon may be attacked within roleplay at any level according to the piracy requirements.

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Bauer - 12-25-2009

ID>Server Rules. They're free to be attacked while in a guard system and under level 30, so this rule would be pointless.

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Wood - 12-25-2009

In that case I'm fairly sure that the ID overrides the rules. Still, one or the other should be changed to avoid contradictions.

Quote:6.9 The individual ID cards may have restrictions and/or allowance that are not covered by these rules. In the event of conflict, the ID's override the rules.

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Dashiell - 12-25-2009

' Wrote:Actually I'd like guard systems to be a little less useless, at the moment 90% of them are just one stop equipment shops with little to no RP value. I understand that under-levels in your system may be somewhat annoying but unless thay are actually abusing the ID I'd sonner not allow this rule addition. If they are code hunting then once they have the code you can waste them.

//signed.

Guard space IS pretty pointless. A lot of Guard systems are located in such a fashion that the only people coming there are the people who, like Reverend said, go there to buy equipment once. I'd liek to see Guard spaces become more dynamic. slap some jump holes in em so they become war fronts or something.

as for the id: agreed. pretty much anyone who enters a guard system and has no bussiness there should be open to ouch. a lot of ouch.

Suggestion: Addition to rule 5.3 - Tenacity - 12-25-2009

Normal rules dont apply to guard systems - intruders may be attacked regardless of level or faction. The only exception is that if the player is the same faction as the guard system (like an indy order player in omicron 100), nothing can really be done about them - they're free to buy ships and equipment as needed.

There have been more than a few underlevels or camera ships buzzing about omicron 100, and most of them have met a gruesome death.