Discovery Gaming Community
A Quiet Garden on New Tokyo - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: A Quiet Garden on New Tokyo (/showthread.php?tid=31852)

A Quiet Garden on New Tokyo - Jien Kogen - 12-28-2009

The Emperor was sitting in a small garden that was part of the Kusari Imperial Compound. This was his personal garden, only Kogen was allowed to tend the plants and flowers, the banzai trees and lotus blossoms were magnificent, the pride of Kogen's garden.

Today Kogen was awaiting a meeting here, he decided this was the place for him to meet with the leader of the TAZ, not in some stuffy conference room. The tea was set out, and there were some small plates to nibble on. He knew this would be a tense meeting though, and he knew the situation with the Zoners and Omega 49 was getting out of hand, Samura ships had actually been fired on by Zoners, this had to be taken care of as quickly as possible. So the Emperor of Kusari was gardening, waiting for his valet to bring the good Doctor into the garden.

A Quiet Garden on New Tokyo - Doc Holliday - 12-29-2009

The Ambassador's Ark touched down on New Tokyo and upon exiting of the diplomatic yacht, Ambassador Holliday and his wife were ushered to a transport to the Emperor's private garden. He was dressed in his diplomatic robes of black and orange while his wife was dressed in a traditional kimono dress. For her, it was a relief to be amongst her own people.

He carried a small box with him while she had a lotus plant that she had grown herself as a tribute. When they arrived at the garden, they saw the Emperor himself sitting and waiting. In respect to their host, both bowed to him.
"Konnichiwa, Okami Kogen," he spoke, "I must say, Okami, that this is a high honor to finally meet you."
She again bowed and placed the plant before him, "Ato gifuto, Okami Kogen," she spoke.
Doc then turned to her, "Thank you, Dahlin'," he said in his slight southern drawl, "I will come for you when we are finished."

A servant motioned him to a seat where he sat. He was a bit unsure of himself having never been face to face with a man of such wisdom and power. He wanted to present him with his own gift but for fear of thinking that the Emperor himself may think he was trying to buy his favor, he decided to wait.
"You will have to forgive me, Okami," he said, "I am a little unsure of myself right now."
His nervousness showed despite his efforts to hide it.

A Quiet Garden on New Tokyo - Jien Kogen - 01-11-2010

"It is nothing sir, you have nothing to be unsure of." Kogen motioned to his attendant, and the man scurried off, returning quickly with a tray, on the tray, a traditional tea service was set up, the Emperor pour a cup for his guest, followed by one for himself.

"It is an honor to meet you Holiday, I have heard many good things about the work you do. You are indeed a credit to the daughters of Eris. Chujin I am sure is very proud." He said sipping his tea. "There are a few matters I have to discuss, but first, I would like to know what you think of the relations between Kusari and the Zoners, and Kusari and the TAZ specifically. What are the hurdles, where do we need to work, how can we help each other, and where do we go?" The Emperor took another sip of the tea. "I am interested in your perspective on the matter."

A Quiet Garden on New Tokyo - Doc Holliday - 01-11-2010

John Holliday accepted the tea with a bow of his head and took a sip.
"Very good," he commented, holding the cup in his hands.

He then looked at his host. He felt a bit more comfortable with the Emperor's re-assurances. "It is an honor to be in your presence, Okami."

He then got himself comfortable and addressed his concerns. "I cannot speak for all Zoners," he began, "As you may or may not know, the Zoners are rather divided right now. The Zoner Trading Consortium and Omicron Supply Incorporated left the old Council of Zoners with us some time ago. We formed our own group, the Zoner Alliance. We represent ourselves as groups but pull together when needed."

He took another sip of his tea, "There, however lies the problem. We control our respective areas of influence but that's really all we have rights to. The Council of Zoners, or what is left of it, controls Omega 49 and the many Borderworld Freeports. Hopefully, sooner than later, we can unify and start working together again."

He then handed the Emperor a report, "this didn't help. The former Council woman was a Gallic Royal who was a spy. She destroyed much and left us the mess to clean up."

He thought a moment, allowing him to read the report, disgruntling as it was.
"As far as the Temporary Autonomous Zoners go, things have been fairly quiet," he explained, "we are greatful for the goodwill we have enjoyed in Kusari. We choose to operate quietly so as to not disturb anyone. My only requests of Kusari are of a personal nature as I seek permits for my medical colony to pass through some remote parts of Kusari space and for some of our cargo we carry which would no doubt be considered contraband. For my medical crews, they are a necessity."

He took another sip of his tea. "I can't offer you much as a thank you. All I could possibly offer is, when it passes through, I will provide medical to those who need it. I will even stop to allow inspections by Kusari officials so that any approvals are met."

He thought again for a moment. He didn't want to just speak on behalf of just TAZ but of all Zoners. The recent request by Samura for a Corvo cruiser came to mind.

"There is one thing that perhaps we can help each other with," he explained, "Recently, Samura Industries has asked to purchase a Corvo Cruiser. While I don't see it as a problem, some other Zoners do. It's no secret that counterfeit software is produced in one of our bases that we need to transport to our own guard system via Kusari."

"Perhaps, if the Kusari government can allow us to transport this software through Kusari, it would will ease the thoughts of the Zoners who would otherwise have reservations about that cruiser," he finished, taking another sip of his tea.