Discovery Gaming Community
RP Cargo - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: RP Cargo (/showthread.php?tid=31899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RP Cargo - jxie93 - 12-29-2009

It's hard to imagine any ship in the Sirius can survive without at least some form of items in its cargo hold for maintainence. The most basic include:

- Food Rations
- Water
- Oxygen
- H Fuel

... and so on.

I've seen far too many ships with empty cargo holds, not even a few Spaceship Crews maintaining the capital ships. It just doesn't make sense. RP cargo can extend your stories, even improve RP between players. I understand it can be a pain for those ships which get constantly blown up. But if it's larger than a gunboat there's no escuse, you can at least try to pick some up after a respawn.

Do you do it? If not, why?

RP Cargo - AJBeast - 12-29-2009

You don't need cargo to roleplay it as such. I mean, why would you carry your crew in your cargo hold? Shouldn't they be in the bridge/whatever section of the ship they belong to? Also, Fuel? That goes in the fuel tanks, dummy. Food and water: cafeteria?

I find it highly annoying that people feel that they need "Are pee cargow" to roleplay certain items. Can't you just use your imagination?

RP Cargo - CzeReptile - 12-29-2009

I tend to load some items into my hold from time to time. Like my liner has lots of stuff folks can enjoy on their trip. And really, storing them together with VIPs is just okay for me.

Most people dont have RP cargo because they need more space to powertrade more.

RP Cargo - jxie93 - 12-29-2009

' Wrote:You don't need cargo to roleplay it as such. I mean, why would you carry your crew in your cargo hold? Shouldn't they be in the bridge/whatever section of the ship they belong to? Also, Fuel? That goes in the fuel tanks, dummy. Food and water: cafeteria?

I find it highly annoying that people feel that they need "Are pee cargow" to roleplay certain items. Can't you just use your imagination?

RP cargo is something you can see and manipulate. I'm not saying it's a must, it definitely improves roleplay and extends the possibilities of a situation.

If your ship is destroyed and your crew is captured, for example.

This can be a perfect RP orportunity.

RP Cargo - Robert.Fitzgerald - 12-29-2009

I don't carry Rp cargo most of the time. I agree completely with AJBeast. Fuel, crew, personal items do not belong in the cargo hold, in my opinion. Feel free to roleplay with RP cargo, but do not think lowly of those who don't share your views on how they should manage their cargo space. A capital ship (or any other ship) without a complement of crew, food and water (on the cargo hold scan) is not a lolwutter or any other term people tend to use.

Edit: if your ship is destroyed and both sides play along, you can easily roleplay crew or other objects being captured. RP cargo may act as signposts towards these interactions, but simple imagination can easily lead to them as well.

RP Cargo - Alex. - 12-29-2009

I try carry RP cargo when in a cruiser or larger. (unless it's a shared account).

I never carry Spaceship Crew, I prefer them to be flying my ship, not sitting in the hold.

RP Cargo - Malexa - 12-29-2009

All my RM caps carry RP cargo.

MOX for every bigger ship is a MUST have. 100 mox simulates the fuelrods and the perishing effect is perfect for fuel rp purpose.

Some weapons and 1 Military vehicle is onboard the cruiser. MOX of course too. Crew is also present.

And the Ravensburg.....she hardly ever blows up, bit if she get lost somehow, its a pain to get all the RP cargo. Lots of crew, fuel food MOX weapons, hullpanels and and and and and.....

Normal fighters carry 10 HFuel and I drop 1 here and then. Also fuel RP purpose.

RP Cargo - Friday - 12-29-2009

A lot of the GMG members carry Guild pilots when we can.
We pick them up from Zoners repfixing in S-19, or from enemies we dispatch.

We also carry Zoner Pineal Amulets when we can get them.

I dont carry them all the time, as I get blown up often enough to need to restock!

RP Cargo - McNeo - 12-29-2009

Its too much effort and adds nothing to the roleplay experience in my opinion. I've never carried RP cargo, unless it adds something for RPs sake, which is decided at the discretion of the player carrying the cargo. So of course, if other people think its neccessary, then sure.

I focus on other types of RP cargo, that affects my character's RP directly.

RP Cargo - Johnk - 12-29-2009

I partly agree with AJbeast by having the spaceship crew on the bridge or around this ship
but i also Agree with felix about the food ,water H-Feul in the hold.

They can be like extra cargo.
anyway Cruisers dont have cafaterias(dunno how to spell it right).

They store the food and then they take it out of the Cargo hold.
with H-Feul some they keep in Feul tanks and some keep in Cargo hold.

with BSs i totally agree with AJbeast.

so to make my piont clear.

Gunboat or gunship= Need at least H-Feul and water in hold

Cruiser= Need at least H-Feul,Water and food in hold

Battleship= NO need for everything

Fighter/Bombers=Die alot so no need.