Discovery Gaming Community
What tag should I use? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What tag should I use? (/showthread.php?tid=3199)

Pages: 1 2

What tag should I use? - Snip3rNife - 06-29-2007

Hey. I recently became a Mercenary, and I got the Mercenary ID card. But I was wondering if I should worry about my tag. (It's currently Liberty Police.)

What tag should I use? - Decimator - 06-29-2007

I suppose it depends on what kind of mercenary you want to be. The merc with a heart of gold or the ruthless killer of innocents. Either way your tag should be as close to neutral as possible. Makes it easier to sort out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still kinda new myself.

What tag should I use? - Tortured_Soul - 06-29-2007

Depends on your RP status. If you're primarily a good guy, then go get a Bounty Hunter Tag, that would seem the most appropriate tag. Otherwise, I suggest a pirate tag of some kind. Or, if you want to be neutral, go and get a Zoner tag, I believe that they are mostly neutral.

What tag should I use? - Eppy - 06-29-2007

Not Zoner for a neutral position. Remember, Zoner tags are difficult to maintain, especially since one's a mercenary, which implies combat. BHG is still the best, though it's one of the more difficult tags to acquire.

What tag should I use? - Knucklehead - 06-29-2007

If you could get the freelancer tag, I'd go with that, but that's nearly impossible to do. Keeping No tag is hard, but doable. Just be careful with your rep with all the factions and you'll be good to go.

Oh, and Decimator, I'd be careful with a line like that in your sig. People might think you live it on the servers.

What tag should I use? - TankTarget - 06-29-2007

What do you mean getting the BHG tag is hard... I got in 15 minutes. Bribe at Rostock then do BHG missions. Worked like a charm.

However for a mercenary you really just need no tag period. And a decent ship with a merc ID and a torpedo. Nothing complicated. Just keep everyone down in rep. It will actually provide something to do while your flying around waiting for a job.

What tag should I use? - Fellow Hoodlum - 06-29-2007

Pirate tag and Mercenary ID is a little out of RP, as you have had to have been fully friendly to the BHG to get
the thing in the first place. The Bounty hunters are not going to let a pirate loose with one ...
And the BHG tag is not that hard to get, what is it with people making these statements. Follow the way posted
elsewhere here and you will find a flashing BHG rep on your board in no time ...
Sheesh people, little bit of time and patience, and a bit more thought to the RP before you go getting a tag you
don't need. Stop getting the ID's and tags before you decide what to do with a ship please, it makes it easier.

Hoodlum

What tag should I use? - Eppy - 06-29-2007

The thing took me three bloody hours to get. Don't know what I was doing wrong...:wacko:

nd, unfortunately, If we don't get the ship tagged/IDed very fast, the Admins come in and hurt us.

What tag should I use? - Knucklehead - 06-29-2007

' Wrote:...If we don't get the ship tagged/IDed very fast, the Admins come in and hurt us.
ID'd is one thing, tagged is not as critical, as long as it fits with the ID. Having no tag is just fine for a Merc ID, as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'm not an Admin, so they have the final say.

What tag should I use? - heathensoul - 06-29-2007

' Wrote:Pirate tag and Mercenary ID is a little out of RP, as you have had to have been fully friendly to the BHG to get the thing in the first place. The Bounty hunters are not going to let a pirate loose with one ...

IMHO that's just a technical problem, which is out of RP itself... the BHG are a certain kind of Merc, they have no monopoly on all Mercs in Sirius.
There should be more places to buy that ID.

Mercs aren't all organized like the BHG.
Plus, many won't mind doing unlawful things if the right amount of money is paid. Just think of Mercs hired as bodyguards for a cardamine-Don, to perform raids, assassinations or something like that...
The BHG are very brutal but always lawful, as far as I know.