Discovery Gaming Community
Pirate Rules Clarification - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pirate Rules Clarification (/showthread.php?tid=3201)

Pages: 1 2

Pirate Rules Clarification - Decimator - 06-29-2007

I just purchased a Hessian cruiser (super sweet ship) with the intent of plundering and pillaging but need some help. The pirate tag says "Cruisers (limited)". So I asked Kane who was on at the time about it but server maintenence cut off our conversation. If someone could clarify the cruiser/pirate rule for me I'd appriciate it. Don't want to break any rules. Thanks.

Pirate Rules Clarification - Tortured_Soul - 06-29-2007

No pirating overtly or covertly. Also no helping pirates as back-ups. So no plundering or pillaging for you unless you down grade to a gunboat.

Pirate Rules Clarification - Kira1997 - 06-29-2007

Aye, lil'brudder, cruisers and up for defensive and offensive combat operations, ie my BS vs SA and others:)We scallywags are limited to GBs on down for pirating. Bombers good as well if ya sacrifice one of your torp slots for CD.

Pirate Rules Clarification - TankTarget - 06-29-2007

What a cruiser can do two fighters can do better my friend. A fighter with a train CD and a bomber can pirate the whole of Sirius in moments. Just look out for those little twerps with capship armor...

But yeah it's against the rules to attack traders in anything bigger than a gunboat. Even if you are pirating.

Pirate Rules Clarification - Decimator - 06-30-2007

Thanks for the advice. So now what tag should I give my ship? Can I still have a pirate tag or should I get something else?

Pirate Rules Clarification - Kira1997 - 06-30-2007

Can go tagless with generic pirate ID and gain fear for your name, or pick a faction that meets your demeanor. Ya said Liberty and Bretonia so Junker comes ta mind and through that Rheinland.

(Dude, check PM and e-mail)

Pirate Rules Clarification - Knucklehead - 06-30-2007

I think it's fairly clear that with a Hessian cruiser, he should go with something aligned with the Hessians, or come up with a good story about how he got it.

Ultimately, it all boils down to a good story in the end.

Pirate Rules Clarification - Kira1997 - 06-30-2007

Hmmm, no offense intended (hehehe, always a bad sign from such an opening but I mean it). RP involves the character and should be the focus. A choice of vessel is secondary unless truly sporting diametrically opposed Tag and ID versus ship, i.e. Outcast (tag & ID) flying a Corsair vessel. In that instance ya need a novel to explain such an action.

This is why I suggest generic pirate ID and Tagless for it allows a player a larger canvas to create their character. In addition, vessel purchase and Tag-emotional baggage holds little sway upon the creation process.

Pirate Rules Clarification - ryoken - 06-30-2007

Junker ID not advisable.{C} is junker and got dumped on for using hessien cruiser.But the junked hessien cruiser sold in O-15 would be ok.:crazy:

Pirate Rules Clarification - Archelon - 06-30-2007

The trouble comes when those traders are flying heavily armored and weaponized craft. A bit cheesy for those folks to be tradin in military style craft. And not much balance when the whole flock of military vessels come to their aide. Can't earn a decent day's wage in New London, Cambridge, New Berlin, New Tokyo, Kyushu or Honshu. You wonder why there aren't many pirates around, its because its not easy. Too many choose the easy route of tradin long enough to buy the big guns. Wimps I call em.