Discovery Gaming Community
Pirating is ruining my game experience - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pirating is ruining my game experience (/showthread.php?tid=32079)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Pirating is ruining my game experience - RobinTheHood - 01-01-2010

Ok, today I have started a mining character, everything is fine beside 1 thing.... pirates;

Good, this is roleplaying, all nice and proper. I have no problem with being pirated every now and then. Maybe even more often. But some of those pirates are just ridicilous.... I mean, i get messages like "10 million in 5 seconds or you are dead....5-4-3-2-1-" - and i am destroyed. Or even better: "25 million now, or you are dead". Or - after 35 minutes of mining: "drop your cargo in 10 sec or i open fire".

first of all, i am really not that fast to react - 5 seconds to drop my cargo? i mean, i play this game for a few days, so wtf!? secondly, what are you pirates out there thinking? seriously, those insane credit sums... i am sure as hell not playing 45 minutes just to give it all to you.

is there no regulation in this mod for things like that?

also: it is sheer impossible to find police OR to hire a strong enough merc to protect myself... everyone seems to play as a pirate.

could SOMEONE help me or give me advices?

i am mining in doublin, however, when i tried moving into house area, i was pirated too.... i mean its really getting uninteresting with such conditions.

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Webey - 01-01-2010

This is where ESCOURTS come into play. You can always find a good escourt or player to guard you.

Edit: Oh and also if a ship comes within 12k of you tell it to go away and if it comes within 10 you will call for help. Then if it comes within 10k you have time to run away.

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Reverend Del - 01-01-2010

Mining is really a group venture, that's why it is so insanely profitable, because it's meant to be split amongst folks. Fact is mining alone makes you a target. Work in teams and you survive, the smaller fighter sized mining ships pack a hefty punch in combat. They should last long enough for the ore haulers to move away out of danger.

If you're alone the best and safest way to make money will always be trading, just remember using the lanes can mean getting pirated every system.

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Captain - 01-01-2010

Rp with them back, some pirates want money fast, but I like a good chat, if you RP well, you might end up keeping your cash/cargo,

Pirating is ruining my game experience - jimmy Patterson - 01-01-2010

no hes got a valid point 5 seconds 10 seconds even I cant even reply THAT fast,id say report em for a pvp abuse violarion

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Captain - 01-01-2010

' Wrote:no hes got a valid point 5 seconds 10 seconds even I cant even reply THAT fast,id say report em for a pvp abuse violarion

man, when on pirate I say, I count to five, doing that with up to 10 seconds space between every count,

example:

I count to five, if I don't see X amount of credits in my pocket some holes may apear therem

five is the first I count,

four comes next,

and so on and on, till I reach zero

that means you can write some lenghtish in cause I write everything...
so somethimes it takes me 10 secs to get down 1 sec,

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Akura - 01-01-2010

The rule states it has to allow reasonable time to respond.

5 Seconds isn't reasonable enough... that's a rule violation.

Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Shagohad - 01-01-2010

Wait until you run into a Phantom, terrorist, and Xenos. Then your life is forfeit.

You'll find the lawlpirates are never reasonable. They make the demand and immediately start shooting you. Fun.

Pirating is ruining my game experience - hribek - 01-01-2010

Sorry, WHO did you say is never reasonable?

Yes, I mean the word starting with L.

No, I don't want your definition of that word.

I'd like you to use English.

Please.

@original post:
This is a violent game. Sometimes a risk is not worth taking. With trade, with piracy, with law enforcement. Thinking ahead of time and being prepared is the only way you can help your plans come to a successful realisation. Pirating is not ruining your game experience. You are being ruined by your game experience. Try again, but do it differently next time. It's gotta work one day.

Pirating is ruining my game experience - Exsiled_one - 01-01-2010

Whiny players are enchanting my pirate experience.

Discuss.