Discovery Gaming Community
Pirate ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Pirate ID (/showthread.php?tid=32220)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Pirate ID - Irra - 01-03-2010

Sooo.... remove Gunboats from ID.

No more pirate IDed gunboats.. make them join faction for bigger and better ships... at least indie but still factionized .

Pirate ID - jxie93 - 01-03-2010

Yes.

I have seen one too many Pirate ID'd Tridentes.

Well.. with gunboat with pirate id could be used with very good forum RP and with approval of faction that owns gunboat i guess.. if they RP good they wont harm.

This is more to restrict lolwut usage of these ships that are hard to kill.

Pirate ID - Boss - 01-03-2010

Yes, please, get rid of it.

Pirate ID - Xoria - 01-03-2010

Your problem is with player behavior, and this does nothing to address that because changing an ID while the player, ship, and behavior combination remain unchanged is not a solution to your problem. This is just a superficial knee-jerk reaction that makes you feel good while accomplishing nothing of substance.
The upside is that you have a bright career in politics ahead of you.

Pirate ID - Boss - 01-03-2010

' Wrote:Your problem is with player behavior, and this does nothing to address that because changing an ID while the player, ship, and behavior combination remain unchanged is not a solution to your problem. This is just a superficial knee-jerk reaction that makes you feel good while accomplishing nothing of substance.
The upside is that you have a bright career in politics ahead of you.

To translate, Xoria likes using large words and obfuscated speech in order to belittle and demean other people, both decreasing their sense of self-worth and eliminating any potential good ideas that might be derived in the future by their fertile minds.

Xoria, if they're using gunboats, they will suck in fighters and bombers. They'll get smited repeatedly and eventually /ragequit.

Pirate ID - etiainen - 01-03-2010

I support this idea.
In terms of RP, would the outcasts allow any small-fry pirate to get his hands on their gunboats? I'm not one, but I think it would be a no-no. Fighters maybe. But a gunboat?
It will help get rid of lolpirates in GBs, and if a serious player with a pirate ID wants to use a GB, he has many chances of acquiring one under the flag of a faction, whether he's in it or just indie.

/signed

Pirate ID - Thurgret - 01-03-2010

Or buy Outcast IDs.

Incidentally, Pirate IDs are now 'guns only' to Zoners on the tech chart, so no more Pirate ID'd Conferences - not that they're terribly common as it is - if people adhere to that.

Actually, Pirate IDs are now white to OCs. And pretty much everyone else who can provide GBs. Rendering the poll kinda void, no?

This is only one step... next step is making capital ships as faction approved only:Dfirst you do your RP in fighter then ask faction for capital . :|

I expect flames and spam now...

Edit: they just need to learn how to behave and they will get ships they want.. ofc this wont affect those that are doing nice RP

Pirate ID - Reverend Del - 01-03-2010

Thurgret wins the thread cookie, for spotting a part of our cleverly concealed ruse.

Indeed the Pirate ID now needs to request it's gunboats from the official factions, if they say no, they cannot use them.