Discovery Gaming Community
Mon'Star the Red - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Mon'Star the Red (/showthread.php?tid=3224)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Mon'Star the Red - me_b_kevin - 07-02-2007

Birth of a Mon'Star

Born into the group known as the Outcast, Tyrian Darkheart was destined to be a pirate. At a very young age he dreamt of navigating the stars just like all the men in his family had. As the years went by and Tyrian grew into a man he finally got to live his dream of being an outcast fighter pilot and over time he became quite accomplished. He always had a problem with the killing though and always got quite ill after he killed someone on the many raids he participated in. On one such raid, his fighter wing was ambushed by bounty hunters. During the battle Tyrian got behind one of the enemy ships and was about to fire but his conscious made him hesitate, "Am i doing the right thing?" he thought to himself, "this person probably has a family also and wha...." he had waited to long, a bounty hunter ship collided with his own. The enemy ship, already damaged, blew up immediately but Tyrian's ship (thanks to his shields) had a few minutes before it finally exploded itself, he did the only thing he could, eject. As Tyrian was floating helplessly through space, all he could do is sit and watch the rest of the battle unfold. His comrades were doing well and just when they looked like they were going to get the upper hand Tyrian caught a reflection to his right, more ships incoming but were they friend or foe. He got his answer soon enough as they began to shoot on his friends. The other Outcast did exactly what he would have done, retreat. He didn't blame them but he couldn't help but be a little scared as he saw a bounty hunter ship approach then felt the pull of the tractor beam. Immediately when he got into the ships hold, he moved fast looking for anything he could use to escape...or maybe a weapon to use...he was frantic so much so that he didn't hear the hum of the stun cage until right before it activated. He felt all his muscles tense suddenly, violently, and then...........

He awoke somewhat...he thought he was lying down...yes...on a table....he couldn't see....he felt something over his mouth but as he tried to lift his arm to find out what it was he realized he couldn't move...anything....he was paralyzed...he tried to scream and stand up to get away but to no avail, he just lay there motionless.

A nearby door opened and he heard a few people enter the room. They were talking in medical terms that Tyrian didn't understand, something about DNA and advanced gene therapy. One of them came close and spoke, "So, early indication is that the treatments are working, if everything keeps going as planned and without any unforseen setbacks i believe the subject will be completely cured of the cardamine dependancy."
Tyrian didn't hear anything else for that last comment drove his head spinning, surely he was dreaming how could they....suddenly he heard "john, look at his heart rate, seems our friend is awake". "not for long" the other voice said. Immediately Tyrians blood ran cold and the darkness came over him again.

He was awoken by a sudden jar....he was moving.....rolling...on his back....no he was lying down still...on a rolling table...he heard voices. "The agreement with the slavers is working well" one voice said "i agree" said another" without their volunteers" the man said sarcastically, "you wouldn't have completed your research". "An you," the first man said "wouldn't have gotten your guinea pig for...what was it your using this one for?". "Cybernetic research and possible chemical testing, we have a lot..." Tyrians anger was burning him up in side by this point he just wanted to scream but something did happen...he groaned.."looks like we got a live one" he heard one say as the table came to an abrupt halt. "This one is quite resistant to sedatives we've learned" the other voice said as he fumbled with what sounded like a bag of sorts. "i'll keep that in mind" was the last thing he heard before he felt that all too familiar cold rush...

He awoke suddenly...he was in a medical ward...he sat up....he could move...he looked around...what?! his vision was different...somehow...it was dark at first then all a sudden it was like someone had turned the light on...but he focused....no...it's was still dark...in one of his eyes....he focus on the other..."Strange" he thought, it reminded him of a ship HUD...he reached up to feel his face..."whoa!! my arm".... he just sat and looked at the metallic appendage but before he could think any more about it. Someone is coming, how did he know? he didn't have a clue but it was like an alarm went off in his head. He needed cover he knew but where to hide? he jumped up and looked in the direction of where his "alarm" was pointing....he focused his vision instinctively....suddenly he could see body heat of a person just outside the room. He ran for the door and got there just as the door opened...he slipped behind it as it opened. "i'll just knock them out" he thought "then i'll..." before he realized what he was doing he had lunged out and grabbed the unsuspecting doctor by the throat with his new arm and hoisted him in the air. He smiled at the doctor once he realized he recognized him somehow..just as the doctor tried to speak Tyrian crushed his throat, nearly severing his head. "i like" he said with a chuckle as he let the corpse fall to the floor. "time to leave me thinks" he said as he ran toward the hanger..."hanger?" he thought, he didn't know how he knew where he was and how he knew where the hanger was but realized he didn't care, he accepted that he knew where he was and how to escape with a laugh and ran on. He stopped on his way to the hanger and dropped down into a skid. he stopped in front of an access door and slammed his metal arm into it a through the door away. "It's amazing", he said as he watched himself reroute the emergency power into the reactor to cause an overload. "2 minutes until this station goes pop, muawahahahaha!!" He felt someone coming and knew exactly what to do. As the guard came walking around the corner Tyrian shoved his new arm into his chest, with a thud he hit the opposite wall and lay very still. Tyrian ran for the hanger, his time was nearly up, without even a second thought he burst though the hanger door and tackled the nearby guard. with a swift turn of his head the guard was dead. Tyrian bolted toward a nearby freightor and noticed it was already powering up for him...."another perk?" he said as he strapped himself in. in a few more seconds he was leaving the hanger into open space. No sooner had he engaged his cruise engines, the first of many explosions went off.

With the station exploding behind him he laughed.."nice one Tyrian....Tyrian? nah that'll never do....hmmm what was it they called you?" he looked over at his reflection and seeing the star shaped scar surrounding his new eye..."ah yes, Mon'Star....now that...will do"

to be continued?

*Clip from a Liberty news station*

....Good evening, i'm Rick Johnsburg and this is Liberty News International.

A solar flare happened today in the California system causing massive power outtages. Officials say that the outtage was expected and had the power up and running again in only 15 minutes time. Althought the outtage was brief it still had some residents a little upset. The local power board went on record as saying that they gave plenty of warning to the outtage and absolves themselves of any responsiblity to damage caused by the flare.

In other news, there were multiple explosions and witnesses accounts of battle sounds at a high security L.S.F. facility on planet Manhattan yesterday. we go on location with Betty Fredricks for more on the story.

Thanks Rick, the scene here is peaceful but yesterday was a different story. Explosions rang out as sirens blared and sightings of weapons being discharged were being reported from all around the Statton Research Base on the east side of Manhattan. Witnesses say the battle only lasted about 10 minutes but those few moments were definitely action packed. At the end of the battle some said they saw a black fighter sized ship flying off. I interviewed an independant trader who says he had a confrontation with the man he says was responsible for the disturbance.

(switches to prerecorded video)

What's your name sir?

Tha name's Aryx

Tell us a little about the man you encountered.

He wuz the piratey type ya know...big muscles, crazy hair, all kinds of weapons all over himself. he had this big robot arm that looked like it could puncha hole right through ya and he had this here eye that kindly glowed and was surrounded by this star shaped scar.

Did he speak to you?

Sure he did, asked me if i wanted to see my own heart. i got skeered and of course said no. He musta changed his mind on kill'n me and just took my money and made me promise to talk about him to you news fellers.

Did he happen to say what his name was?

Yeah he said to call him Monster.

Monster?

No, it's Mon and then Star. i reckon it's cause he's a monster and he's got that there scar so he figured he'd make a scarey name out of it. kinda cool if ya...

(cuts back to Betty live)

The L.S.F. disputed the reports and said it was just an overloaded capacitor that exploded. whether or not the real story will ever unfold is yet to be seen but if any new information arrises we'll be the first to report it. Back to you Rick.

Thanks Betty, very compelling stuff there hopefully will have some light shined on this one soon.

now it's time for you Sirus Weather with.........

*End*

*Clip from the Kusari News Daily*

The search for the killer of several Kusari Navy pilots continues today after the debris from 3 fighter wings was found on a patrol route in the New Tokyo system.

Navy officials say they discovered who the killer is by finding a message carved into the forehead of one of the pilots. The message simply read "Mon'Star was here." if that wasn't diabolical enough the message was said to be accompanied by a smiley face.

The Kusari Navy gave assurances that they have the situation under control and went on to tell us that we should steer clear of this madman at all cost. One offical who asked to remain nameless said "If this killer stopped after killing these men and took the time to get out of his ship to mutilate one of the victims bodies, there's no telling what he's capable of." When asked of the origins of Mon'Star they said it's still under investigation.

Will we ever know more about this Crazed maniac and what fuels his carnage?

Mon'Star the Red - me_b_kevin - 07-10-2007

*A page out of a young Outcast girls diary living on planet Malta*

Finally something exciting happened today!! My cousin Tyrian returned home today, we all thought he was killed in an ambush by those stupid bounty hunters. I got the news of his coming right after lunch and I immediately ran to the landing pad they said he was landing on. It was so exciting, there was a crowd gathered to celebrate his return. When I saw him I was kinda confused because he was flying some weird looking ship. It was black and had a weapons all over , very different from the ships Im used to seeing. Everyone started cheering and waving but we fell real quiet when he got out. He was different looking, he had a metal arm and a scarred eye that seemed to glow. I guess we were all shocked to see how changed he was but that didnt last long everyone soon ran to greet him. He just seemed to laugh about everyone staring at him so I didnt feel too bad about being one of the starers (is that a word?). My father was one of the first to greet him which Tyrian grabed him into a headlock and noogied him, which made me laugh out loud. He mustve heard me cause he walked over to me and patted me on the head (which I hate but Ill let him slide since hes my cousin). He reached into his pocket and pulled out 5 Kusari Police badges and handed them too me, they are pretty and I have decided to keep them on my dresser. My Father asked what happened but he just waved him off and started walking off saying he needed a drink. I guess Ill hear more from him later.

What a crazy day, first Tyrian shows up after being thought dead and hes not here for 5 hours before hes already gone. Rumors are already spreading of him going to the bar for that drink about getting into a fight with some other Outcast about his disappearance. Some say he just laughed and picked up a chair and beat them all up, others say he knocked one of them out and used that guys body as a weapon to beat up the others. Which ever way it happened they all ended up in the Infirmary, all except Tyrian. Father said the bar keep said that Tyrian told them he wasnt going to kill them since they were Outcast but next time they mess with him itll be different. That just doesnt sound like the Tyrian I remember, I wonder what made him turn mean like that. Hopefully hell come back soon so we can play star chess like we used toI miss that.

Surely was a crazy day though.

Mon'Star the Red - Kane - 07-10-2007

The bar Mon'Star had settled into for the evening was quiet. A few Junkers, some Outcasts, a smattering of Zoners, and a pair of uncomfortable looking Corsairs, who were finishing their drinks quickly. The Outcasts wouldn't try anything, given the hospitality and rules of the Junkers, but that didn't shield them from glares and whispered promises. However, barring the uncomfortable Corsairs, the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant.

That was, until the Phantom marines showed up. There were two of them, decked out in the trademark powered armor and frightening face-plates. Their weapons, another Phantom trademark of the Flechette Cannons, were slung at their sides. The two entered, and looked about a bit, at last spotting one they sought; Mon'Star.

The two clunked over, their metal heels echoing on the plating. At last they reached him, about halfway through his second drink.

"So, you're Mon'Star the Red; Outcast escapee of the Liberty Tech labs." Mon'Star could do little but nod.

"Well let me shake your hand there; well done!" The marine offered his hand, and Mon'Star shook it with a look of confusion on his face. Cybernetics met armored gauntlet, yet the grip of both was firm and polite.

"Come on; someone wants to have a look at you." The two motioned to follow, but Mon'Star was reluctant; partly because he was not sure if he wanted to meet whoever it was, and second was because he still had half a drink to finish. Regardless, however, the two pulled him away, giving promises of buying him a round of whatever he wanted when they were finished. And thus, Mon'Star found himself looking at a new armored figure, although this looked more like body-armor then the thick suits the Phantoms were encased with. The figure turned, gazing with orange lit lenses over Mon'Star, and then made a bow to him and spoke.

"Your name is rather infamous in certain circles these days. I must say, I am impressed with your skills." The voice was unmistakable, and arguably more known then that of any of the House government leaders; Dark Star, leader of the Phantom Empire and mastermind of the deaths of almost 100 billion people Sirius-wide.

Mon'Star the Red - me_b_kevin - 07-11-2007

Mon'Star couldn't help but smile and fought even harder to hold back his usually uncontrollable bellowing laugh but given his current position he fought hard enough to control himself, "My accomplishments are but trivial compared to yours as of late but none the less, I am flattered." Mon'Star had heard of the Phantoms and was more than a little curious as to why they had sought him out but what had his immediate attention were the readings he was getting from scanning their armor. "Nice tech," he said as he looked over the man in front of him, visually and functionally impressive but Im sure you didn't bring me here to discuss each others shared interest in metallic apparel."

Mon'Star the Red - Kane - 07-11-2007

Dark Star shook his head, somehow the impression of a smile seeping past the mask.

"You're right, of course. Straight to business..." He faced Mon'Star fully, clasping his hands behind his back.

"Your exploits are very awe-inspiring, sir. I have to admit, I was quite impressed; braking out of that lab, or prison if you wish to call it thus, and then making your way back home by yourself... Truly, the full story would be worthy of a small epic of its own." The praise rained down, seemingly quite sincere. However, Mon'Star could tell that Dark Star was building up to something.

"And I'm assuming you know a bit about the Phantoms... Homicidal, vengeful, crazy, demonic even. I have heard such words used to describe us. And in many ways, they're true. However, the nuts and bolts are a bit different. Our numbers are small, deliberately so. Our ships are often fighters, with a few bigger ones for support, such as my own flagship, the Oblivion. There are many who ask to join up, and few who we take. There is a certain level of competence we require from recruits, a level that few actually seem to make." He shook his head.

"The bar is set rather high for us, because it has to be. I'm sure you understand that."

MonStar nodded, Yes I do understand and I would expect nothing less from ones of your reputation.

Forgive my forwardness, he said folding his arms and bringing his fleshy finger to his mouth to create a dramatic pause, but it seems you are divulging a great deal of privileged information to me which would indicate one of two things either your about to have me destroyed for knowing too much or you wish to make use of my talents. Which logic indicates as Im still breathing at the moment the chances are greater for the later?

MonStar had to admit, he was excited about this whole exchange. He knew he would eventually meet the Phantoms one day but he thought it would be in space consisting of a fierce battle. Instead here he stands talking cordially with Dark Star himself. Goose bumps shot over him at the prospects.

Mon'Star the Red - Kane - 07-11-2007

Again, that impression of a smile.

"Very perceptive, sir. Yes... Yes, I think you would do well..." He shakes his head after the quiet mutter to himself.

"Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself. At the moment, our current resources are streatched a bit thin, outfitting our newest recruits. However, an individual of your skill is hard to come by these days. I shall speak with my Lords about you, but I expect good things to result from that. Until such a decision is made, however, I think we shall keep a close eye on you, Mr.Mon'Star. Yes... A quite close eye... Can't afford to loose you when we have not even recruited you, now can we?" He chuckled a bit at this last remark, however it was quickly drawn back in.

"I expect to hear great things from you, Mon'Star. We'll meet again, I'm sure." Dark Star motioned to his two guards and turned to walk away, leaving Mon'Star behind with his own thoughts.

Mon'Star didn't watch the Phantoms leave, he was too busy thinking of the endless possibilties this meeting could present.

He rubbed his hands together slowly going over the meeting again in his head, yes it had went well he decided which brought that customary sinister grin to his face. "Seems i'll have to step up the carnage a bit. MUAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" that thundrous laugh resounded off the walls of the junker base as Mon'Star headed toward his ship to act on his new inspiration.