Discovery Gaming Community
Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber (/showthread.php?tid=32681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Kazinsal - 01-10-2010

Hey folks!

Time for my first REAL attempt at a usable ship to be posted. This work is the Vindicator Liberty Tactical Bomber, the LN version of the Fafnir, Rheinland's tactical bomber.

[Image: justicar.png]

UPDATED PICTURES NEAR THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 1

Proposed Stats and Infocard

Li-127 Liberty "Vindicator" Tactical Bomber
Weapons: 2/2 (both turrets only fire backwards)
Equipment: 2x CD/HT, 1x CD, 1x CM, 1x M
Shield: Class 10 H.F. or Class 6 Fr.
Bots/Bats: 140/140
Hull strength: 25,000
Cargo space: 130
Power output: 47,000
Power recharge rate: 3,000
Price: $13,500,000 (plus included Deep Scanner and Adv. Protector H.F. Shield)

The Vindicator was developed deep within the Alaska system by a team of Liberty Navy and LSF technologists that had received a captured Rheinland Fafnir bomber that was still intact and functioning. The team improved the recharge rate of the power core and storage of nanobots and batteries, but was forced to lower the strength of the hull plates, because of the increased regen storage, and the power output of the reactor to compensate for the force being exerted by the increased recharge rate. By <insert year of 4.86 here>, the Vindicator was ready for use in the field and was mass produced to back up the Navy and LSF fleets during combat with Rheinland forces.

----------

UPDATE: Name changed to Vindicator.

----------

Alright, so, tell me what you think!

Cheers,
--Troy

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Boss - 01-10-2010

It's...it's a lawful Barghest...I'm in love...

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Marcus Lindberg - 01-10-2010

Wheres the cockpit?

And most Liberty fighter names usually have a meaning behind them, take 'Guardian', or 'Avenger' or 'Upholder', what does Justicar mean?

And I think the wings need to look more Liberty-ish, other than that its pretty good.

Well, I just noticed I spelled "Justiciar" wrong...

A Justiciar was a title in the Medieval ages that was given to someone that possessed a law court and was often a lawbringer of that court.

The cockpit is being redone. Currently it's made to look like the "cockpit" of the Upholder: sunken in and barely visible.

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Unseelie - 01-10-2010

Less hex and more triangle, plox?

The hex is more of an order adaptation of the liberty square/triangle ship-shape than it is the actual liberty theme, which, additionally, incorporates many more solid lines than it does breaks and expansion points. I mean to say, the wings on liberty craft are of a uniform thickness from tip to hull.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone read the infocard... Specifically the part where it says that this ship is developed off of the Fafnir itself. That should imply that it's based off a similar hull design and internal component placement as well, which is why it looks similar to a Fafnir and unlike the rest of the Liberty ships.

But hey, the LABC doesn't look much like a Liberty Siege Cruiser or a dread, but nobody really complains about that.

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Guest - 01-10-2010

' Wrote:Wheres the cockpit?

And I think the wings need to look more Liberty-ish, other than that its pretty good.

I find it funny when people ask this... Remember, your looking at an unskinned model of the thing, and given common sense you can figure the cockpit is going to be in a generic location.

The engine wings are fine to me. The main body of the ship looks a bit lacking in detail though. Perhaps adding two smaller wings towards the nose (something like the Avenger's top fin)

Using the Fafnir itself (as I don't have the model) and the Avenger's top fin (since i'm not going to make something more fitting), as reference:
[Image: addition.jpg]

Eh you get the idea.

FYI, the hexagon bits are engines... Liberty Engines if you notice on the Guardian / Avenger / ETC they are hexagonal shaped. In addition, as Kazinsal said, If you make something that is by design based off of another design, it -will- look similar to that other ship, by design.

UPDATE:

[Image: justicarupdate1.png]

Note the forward wings and the radar dish for more detail. Also a few more hull bumps and stuff.

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Luis - 01-10-2010

Hmmm, I'm just a beginner at modeling - well not. I was modeling from since 6 months ago and I learned to much.

Anywho, the nose of the ship looks very wierd to me. Put more details around it and it might look a lot diffrent. Also, try to make the cockpit look visible.

Good luck:)

-Luis

Vindicator - Liberty Tactical Bomber - Tenacity - 01-10-2010

Power regen is high, you've listed 3,000 power / second while the barghest is only 2,350 and the fafnir is only 2,735.

BTW, Justicar is the proper spelling, not Justiciar, unless you're gallic or something.