Discovery Gaming Community
Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Whale and transports... AGAIN! (/showthread.php?tid=3284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Zepphos - 07-07-2007

Ok, let's get this straight... The Whale, as well as every other ship that can mount a transport shield (be that civilian or otherwise), is a DAMN TRANSPORT!! Regardless of what the info card may say.

There are some people out there trying to use these ships ith a neutral ID and then getting all whiny when they get killed...

Just stop it. Trying to get around rules put in place to RP is getting VERY old, VERY fast. Traders die, get pirated, and get caught for smuggling. If you can't deal with the occasional death and loss of cargo, you need to come to terms with it, quickly. It happens to everyone.

GET A DAMN TRADER ID!!

Please post any RELEVANT and USEFUL comments any of you might have on the subject. Including those of you who are trying to get around this rule so we can all shoot you down in unison.

Thanks.

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - DBoy1612 - 07-07-2007

THANK YOU! Damn it... Is it so hard for people to understand? Yes, the Infocard may say Heavy Freighter, well looky here, WRONG!

Ok, to all you idiots out there who think Trading is easy. Guess what, ITS NOT! There will be pirates! There will be police checking you for contraban! And a stupid Neutral ID will not stop them from attacking you.

So go get a damn Trader ID, and umm... Hang on... The words coming... Oh ya, TRADE! And stop whining.

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Intrepid00 - 07-07-2007

Maybe it should be relabled to end the confusion.

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Archelon - 07-07-2007

Then this needs to be codified in the official rules thread. How am I supposed to know the Whale is a Transport when it clearly states on the info card that its a Freighter? If its somewhere in the forums (lost in the massive pile of millions of threads and posts) it needs to be posted somewhere we can easily find it. And I'd like to know where this rule came from? From the house military factions to have a legitimate case for pirating ... ahem ... demanding the smuggler to drop his cargo or pirate ... ahem ... demand he pay a fine?

Sorry - too many unwritten rules that are buried in the massive stack of threads in the forums. This is much like playing Calvin Ball (for those who read Calvin and Hobes comic books). If you don't get it, PM me.

' Wrote:Maybe it should be relabled to end the confusion.

And what do we do about the problems we already face? Do I get reimbursed for a loophole for attacking a Neutral ID I was unaware of? Once more, the rules are interpreted to favor lawful characters in their quest for domination over the little guy. You can't move through Texas without being given an order by SA.

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Intrepid00 - 07-07-2007

' Wrote:And what do we do about the problems we already face? Do I get reimbursed for a loophole for attacking a Neutral ID I was unaware of? Once more, the rules are interpreted to favor lawful characters in their quest for domination over the little guy. You can't move through Texas without being given an order by SA.

Actually we a pretty nice, we usually don't even make the the trader stay still while we scan them not to mention we have sarcficed ourselves in the past to protect traders from nasty. Just don't feed our children drugs m'kay.

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Zepphos - 07-07-2007

Just get a trader ID and be done with it. Real traders (as in those who use transports) get pirated and killed etc etc. It just happens.

The rule for neutral ID's was created by Igiss, as far as I know, and he wanted the neutral ID not to allow transports to force traders to RP and to make trading 'dangerous'.

House militaries and police ask you to drop your cargo, but should destroy it once dropped. The only place fines are used is in Rheinland, and that is perfect RP considering Rheinland's financial status in Sirius. They would try to get money anywhere they can.

And finally, do you realise how long the rules would be if we considered e v e r y s i n g l e loophole or stance on something? Excuse Igiss and the admins for thinking you might actually use your head...

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - DBoy1612 - 07-07-2007

Quote:And I'd like to know where this rule came from? From the house military factions to have a legitimate case for pirating ... ahem ... demanding the smuggler to drop his cargo or pirate ... ahem ... demand he pay a fine?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5235

' Wrote:Actually we a pretty nice, we usually don't even make the the trader stay still while we scan them not to mention we have sarcficed ourselves in the past to protect traders from nasty. Just don't feed our children drugs m'kay.

You never asked me to drop my Light Arms cargo or demand me pay a fine for the Cardamine I sold. You killed me for a past mistake. That's out of RP. A pirate can't demand anything from an EMPTY trader.

' Wrote:Just get a trader ID and be done with it. Real traders (as in those who use transports) get pirated and killed etc etc. It just happens.

The rule for neutral ID's was created by Igiss, as far as I know, and he wanted the neutral ID not to allow transports to force traders to RP and to make trading 'dangerous'.

House militaries and police ask you to drop your cargo, but should destroy it once dropped. The only place fines are used is in Rheinland, and that is perfect RP considering Rheinland's financial status in Sirius. They would try to get money anywhere they can.

And finally, do you realise how long the rules would be if we considered e v e r y s i n g l e loophole or stance on something? Excuse Igiss and the admins for thinking you might actually use your head...

Then why don't we just get rid of the Neutral ID all together? I bought the Whale because it said it was a freighter. I already had the neutral ID. I THOUGHT I was within the rules. I chose the ship specifically to match the ID to keep out of trouble. I made a conscious effort to play by the rules and got waxed.

Which brings me to this. Yes, if there is a rule spelled out, it should go into the official rules thread. Otherwise its only a rumor. Consider this, "Hey - I read where you cannot use bats/bots in combat. So you are violating the rules." - "Huh? What? Where did you read that rule?" - "Go to the forums..." - "Ok, I'll be right back." - sounds of the complainant running into the sunset while the aggressor checks the forums.

Whale and transports... AGAIN! - Razr - 07-07-2007

[quote name='Archelon' date='Jul 7 2007, 02:52 AM' post='92951']
You never asked me to drop my Light Arms cargo or demand me pay a fine for the Cardamine I sold. You killed me for a past mistake. That's out of RP.

HAHA out of RP? If I'm right passed mistakes add up for KOS which you've earned btw you have it because you ate at what little patience i had-enjoy. Might do you some good to read "ALL" of the rules before lecturing on RP as you tried to do while getting shot at with that ID when i offered to PM you the link.