Discovery Gaming Community
[RM]Promotions 01/14/818A.S. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [RM]Promotions 01/14/818A.S. (/showthread.php?tid=32965)

[RM]Promotions 01/14/818A.S. - Malexa - 01-14-2010

0800 Hours - Admiral Malte's Quarters - Battleship Ravensburg Moored At Oder Fleetyard - New Berlin System

Three soldiers stood attention in a line. Vizeadmiral von Speer was looking out of the window while sipping on a glass. Obviously some good Bretonian stuff Admiral Malte brought with her from a meeting.

The Admiral was standing in front of her wooden modell sailing ship and noticed a leaning mast.
[color=#33FF33]"Gott verdammt!"
One of the soldiers standing in line had to swallow. They all got called into the Admirals office without further information.

Vizeadmiral von Speer turned around and spoke up.
"Meine Herren, you are here for your contribution to the Rheinland Military, so relax."
The Admiral turned around with a smile on her face, obviously beeing amused.
It was always for her entertainment to see the soldiers beeing afraid of her in certain situations. It was like a love-hate for the soliders.

"Lets get over it with August, shall we?
She gestured towards Vizeadmiral von Speer. He stepped up to the soldiers with some new rank insignias in his hands.

"Gefreiter Karl Schulz, you did well in space and we believe you will continue the honored tradition of the Rheinwehr to server your Vaterland and the Volk well. You are hereby promoted to Obergefreiter."
Vizeadmiral von Speer handed the new rank insignias to Schulz.
"Flieger Carla Riess, you performed well in the field and I sense a great career ahead of you, mein Fraulein. The other men and women are already jealous about your love letter you recieved recently. Congratulations Fraulein, you are beeing promoted to Gefreiter."

In the meantime Admiral Malte walked over to her desk to get a drink for herself.
She turned around and made a half way saluting gesture.
"Gefreiter and Obergefreiter, dismissed. Leutnant Voelkel, you stay."
Carla Riess and Karl Schulz saluted and left the Admiral's quarters.
Vizeadmiral von Speer stepped back to the window again to gaze at the view on The Ring station.

"Leutnant Voelkel, seems like you missed your promotion to Oberleutnant. That is why I don't have any Oberleutnant insignias with me." the Admiral said while taking a seat, still facing the disappointed looking Leutnant.
She sipped from her glass.
"As you may know already, Major Gitschtaler retired from field duty and is getting himself a nice tan on Baden Baden. I have some Major insignas in my drawer now and they are wasting space there.
I pondered if you may lend me a hand with getting some free room in my desk's drawer."

Leutnant Voelkel could not believe his eyes and ears.
"Sir, with plesure Sir. I mean....I...it would be a great honor for me Sir!" Voelkel said.
"Congratulations.....Major Voelkel. That does even sound good, doesn't it August?"
Vizeadmiral August nodded while leaning at the window.

Major Voelkel could not hold back a smile.
"Seems like you just promoted a sissy, Malexa" von Speer said when spotting the smile on Voelkel's face.
"It is not too late yet, to throw him out of the next airlock I assume." Admiral Malte added while raising her glass towards the Major.
"Congratulations Major Voelkel, you deserved it well. Continue to make us proud. Dismissed."
Major Voelkel left the Admirals quarters.

Once the airlock was shut, both the Admiral and the Vizeadmiral had to laugh out loud.
"Don't you love our jobs August?"

Keeping your sanity during times of war seems to require the ability to be delighted about the small things in life. In their case it was to scare the crap out of the men.

"Well now, someone is missing it seems. Where is Hauptgefreiter Drum? We did not torture him yet." Admiral Malte asked.
"He has been assigned to an Omega-15 patrol wing on the Schwerin. The Kapitaen on the ship will take care about his promotion. Though we will miss the fun congratulating him to his Officer career." von Speer replied.

This was the ceremonial act in times of war. Another reason to live in peace I guess.

[RM]Promotions 01/14/818A.S. - Cyberanson - 01-14-2010

A courier is handing out the missing badges:

Major Alec Voelkel

Hauptfeldwebel Otto Weddingen

Feldwebel Henrik Drum

Obergefreiter Karl Schulz

Gefreite Carla Riess