Discovery Gaming Community
SDK files - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SDK files (/showthread.php?tid=330)

SDK files - Virus - 11-20-2005

What exactly do the SDK files do? The only thing I heard, and it was a guess, is they make your game run smoother. I can make out techno-babble fairly well... So... can someone please explain?

SDK files - Dab - 11-20-2005

They help fix a lot of the bugs and glitches in the game. It's useful if you plan to mod freelancer.

In other words.... They make the game run smoother.

Oh and is it a good idea to install them if all I do is go on Discovery Freelancer? If so... How do I get it to work?

SDK files - Korrd - 11-20-2005

Virus,Nov 19 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:What exactly do the SDK files do? The only thing I heard, and it was a guess, is they make your game run smoother. I can make out techno-babble fairly well... So... can someone please explain?
[snapback]5823[/snapback]
SDK means "Software Develoment Kit"....
Those are files that contain API's (Advanced Programming Interfase), and etc.
Those are used by the programmers to make the game. Also, enables the "Engineering Mode" of the game. (Known by gamers as cheats)
Cheats are not put in the game for making it easier to play (or escape hard situations), those are for the programmers to test the game, find bugs, glitches, etc...
They simply dont remove them of the final compilation, so, there is the source of cheatcodes.

Does anybody know?

SDK files - Korrd - 11-20-2005

Virus,Nov 19 2005, 11:56 PM Wrote:Does anybody know?
[snapback]5844[/snapback]
I guess that the best place to look for info like this is at lancersreactor forums

SDK files - Angel - 11-20-2005

ADK should have a Auto install that came with it, theres a SDF on lancers that Fix's alot of stuff, i think where talking about the same thing, just install it and it overwrite the bad files with better ones.

I got the SDK files in..... SOO...... I'm done with this topic!

SDK files - Igiss - 11-22-2005

Quote:SDK means "Software Develoment Kit"....
Those are files that contain API's (Advanced Programming Interfase), and etc.
If we speak about SDK by Louva-Deus this is not correct.

Freelancer SDK's main purpose is not fixing bugs. All the bugs it fixes are minor issues that don't influence gameplay in any significant way. Just details.

SDK (1.3 version in particular) is a good tool for modders. It contains all Freelancer ini files decoded, so you needn't use programs like Bini to decode original Freelancer files. SDK is also required to install many XML mods - mods that contain a significant XML part, XML files contain instructions for Freelancer Mod Manager what changes make to what original files, instead of including full versions of files into the mod. FLMM cannot operate with encoded files, as far as I know, so prior to installing XML mods you often need to install SDK.