Discovery Gaming Community
An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: An Invitation, of a dinner party nature (/showthread.php?tid=33016)

Pages: 1 2 3

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Lafiel - 01-15-2010

[Image: sealed%20envelope.jpg]

To Celebrate the belated 18th Birthday of Her Ladyship Countess Lafiel Tarrant

His Lordship the Marquis of Araluen Sebastian Tarrant

Requests the pleasure of your company at a reception for his daughter

on Saturday 23rd January 818A.S at Araluen Manor Cambridge

At your convenience you may bring your family and an additional friend but this is only extended to members of the nobility of the admiralty and the government.

RSVP by the 19th details are enclosed. Please present this invitation upon arrival.

//Note: This invitation is to everyone in the Admiralty and Officers of the Armed forces and Bretonian Police that Lafiel knows as well as the government. In addition from The Marquis invites have been sent to all the members of Nobility. In General rule of thumb if you know Lafiel and your of a Lawful nature your welcome.
Please Reply in this thread. Going to RP party in my story thread later in the coming week attendees are welcome to join in there.//

Lafiel asked me to drop a mod message in here:
If you have questions or want to take part in this RP, please PM Lafiel Tarrant. Any uninvited guests will be thrown out.
~Malexa

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Wolfs Ghost - 01-16-2010

Walking back down to his house, Austin muttered looking through the mail, a few bills here and there. But what really stood out was the invitation that he received. He opened it and began to read.

At your convenience you may bring your family and an additional friend but this is only extended to members of the nobility of the admiralty and the government.

RSVP by the 19th details are enclosed. Please present this invitation upon arrival.

He shook his head and grumbled, "I hate nobles."

Opening the door to his house on Cambridge, he went inside and sat the mail down, picking up the invitation and ripping it cleanly in half. "Such a waste sending this here."

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - beunt - 01-16-2010

Lieutenant Bridge read the message, still astounded to see that invitation from one of the highest born person in the whole House among admiralty notice or news from her mother. Born in Leeds, raised in the streets, how could he imagine he would someday see the light of most prestigious New London or Cambridge palaces ? It took several minutes to understand that, bing now an officer, even the lowest of them, he could rightly attend to mundane evening.

First excited, he soon began to worry about the how-to, feeling the mysterious respect and curiosity that common people show to the nobility. Who salute first ? Should him speak openly or stay silent until being asked to ? And what about the dinner ? Or dance ? the orchestra - if there is any - certainly wont play pop music !

He then understood how uneasy he would be if he attended alone. Sure, many of his BAF peers would be present. But he knew that even in a party the ranking relationship would still unconciously affect the talks, and he didn't really want that. Maybe, if he could invite someone else...

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Wellingtons - 01-16-2010

Lieutenant Adama read the message several times and each time my mouth dropped further down to the ground
Why me ? Why would the highest ranking noble he met so far want to invite me ?

enclosed letter

intent on not make an ass of himself he immediately booked dancing lesson with made la tutu and clean his official dress uniform which was still in the plastic coverings. Afterwards I said to myself must transmit my acceptance acceptance finally I left heading for Ben Savils the famous jeweller down bond street.

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Zapp - 01-16-2010

Esther Carson crinkled her nose as her hands caressed the fine parchment of the invitation. Bloody nobility. Her Knighting had been a double-edged sword. On one hand, any BAF officer who knew of it gave her instant respect, and treated her as if she was an equal BAF officer. On the other hand, she was expected to be all "appropriate".

"I'm a Bounty Hunter for Chrissake, not a bleedin' high-born Lady."

But what the hell. Free food. She shrugged and wondered exactly how you RSVP to something like this, and what one should wear. Certainly not what one would wear on the hunt...

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - guitarguy - 01-16-2010

"Ah, Miss Tarrant, the one with the Paladin."

Veteran Templar pilots never missed an opportunity to criticize the box-shaped snub fighter. Blake Owen would be in attendance to the party. First to relive the social life that had been set aside for the war, and secondly, to advise a change in transportation.

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - litlwicked - 01-16-2010

The invitation flops down on his desk and he reaches up to rub his chin with his left hand. After a moments thought, he decides that this is a good thing, and it might even raise the moral of the men a bit, rubbing elbos with high society. Plus he is sick of the prison food the BAF serves.

It is decided then, he will be there.

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Andrew_Bonesovich - 01-17-2010

Jacob was reading trough mail in his office. Most stuff was being sent via neural-net, but a handful of old-fashioned people like to send him an old good letters written on paper. His mother was doing it all the time for some reason, but this time there was one more, unknown letter, with a sign of the Tarrant family.

He opened it and read.

Quote:To Celebrate the belated 18th Birthday of Her Ladyship Countess Lafiel Tarrant

Jacob sighed.

He knew the young lady. She was causing problems wherever she was. It'd be polite to be there, if only for a while.

"Let's see if you can finally grow up, young lady.", he said to himself, decided he'll be there. Then he got back to his work which was waiting for him on the desk

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - SimonBlack - 01-17-2010

Graham Knight was truly la creme de la creme of Cambridge elite society. He wasn't a noble by birth, but he knew what it meant to be at the top. Graham was from rich bourgeoisie family. He acted like a noble even before he was given MBE status by the queen. He wasn't even from Cambridge to begin with, but he always held himself second only to the queen.

A clown who portrayed himself as a noble you might say? No. Far from it. This self-conscious snob had attended every ball, visited every theatre and seen every play. He would bore the Lords themselves with his insights on economy and politics. Of course, he would love come! He would gladly bore the nobility with his strategies.

An Invitation, of a dinner party nature - Dejavu - 01-17-2010

A bell rang as a letter dropped into the letter box on Boris's door.

He got up from where he was sitting and proceded to open the letter, it read:

Quote:To Celebrate the belated 18th Birthday of Her Ladyship Countess Lafiel Tarrant

"A Dinner party? Great, that means free food! I'll be going to that! Hmm...I wonder if I could drag Goodmen and Savins along..."

He returned to the chair he was sitting in and dozed off.