Discovery Gaming Community
Kommandant Gottfried Halse to SCRA High Command - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Kommandant Gottfried Halse to SCRA High Command (/showthread.php?tid=33140)

Kommandant Gottfried Halse to SCRA High Command - Zig - 01-17-2010

Incoming Transmission: Kommandant Gottfried Halse, Leader of the Red Barons

*Gottfried consults a note.* Privyet, comrades. I trust I find you well, meine Herren?

Permit me to introduce myself once more - I am Gottfried Halse of the Red Barons. Commissar-Captain Katz, I believe we last encountered each other during a Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army operation in Omega-7 space, during which one of my Red Barons, Alfred Arnd, and I had the distinct pleasure of being able to render you assistance against the depredations of a particular Rheinland Military strike force in the system. I trust we were both satisfied with the mutual standard, as it were, of cooperation and good will displayed there and elsewhere between our two organizations - a very natural state of affairs, after all, given the close ties, both ideological and practical, that exist between us.

This missive is intended to specifically address the proposed establishment of a further practical bond between the Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army and the Red Barons. Currently, as you, meine Herren are well aware, the latest series of SCRA spacecraft models is being finalized within Omega-52, the product of a joint Coalition and Red Hessian engineering effort; an excellent testament to the degree of technological exchange that our respective factions maintain. I would like to develop this particular arrangement further, thereby hopefully strengthening Red Barons and the SCRA alike, which, in turn, serves to bring the inevitable triumph of the red dawn and the Glorious Revolution that much closer to our immediate time.

We Red Barons are hereby requesting the delivery of a single shipment of Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army weaponry (marvelous examples of functional engineering that they are) - I will gladly dispatch a full wing of Red Barons in order to ensure its safe and secure arrival at Vogtland Base, in Dresden - you need, of course, not draw off any of your own men and women for this purpose, comrades. We would require the shipment to contain a full complement of - *Gottfried peers down at another note* - "Kalashnikov AK-2" tachyon and "Dragunov SVD-2" pulse cannons; a small portion of the transport's cargo bay ought also, ideally, to be reserved for the lighter variants of Kalashnikov and Dragunov armament, for the purpose of mounting atop possible light fighter craft. Naturally, we will pay any logistical costs.

Naturally, such a generous offering would hardly lead to truly fruitful exchange if we could not offer anything in return - to that extent, the Red Barons would like to render the SCRA the following services in turn:

-access to Omega-54's Wolfsburg Shipyard for the purpose of utilizing the extremely well-developed onboard shipbuilding facilities, including a functional wharf for the purpose of altering spacecraft lighting patterns.

-a selection of Red Hessian "Natterturn" laser arsenal, to accompany, for instance, the Odin your Commodore Luis Gellantra is currently piloting.

*Gottfried folds his hands.* I do hope that you find the above terms to be to your liking, meine Herren, and I firmly believe that, should said terms be accepted, the red dawn will arise a little sooner than it would otherwise. Thank you, comrades; I await your response with bated breath, as the Libertonian idiom runs.

Transmission Ended

Kommandant Gottfried Halse to SCRA High Command - cmfalconer - 01-17-2010

CommID: Admiral Alexi Karchov
Message Target: Gottfried Halse - Red Barons Command
Message Source: Mykolaiv Research Station:Omega 52

It is good to see the ranks of our Hessian allies swell with skilled fighters to carry on the Revolution. Recruitment by yourself and by Herr Meisnerr of the RHA have helped bring Revolution to so many within Rheinland.

But to get to the point, I have the unfortunate duty to deny your request for Coalition weaponry. After consulting with others of High Command, and also with your scientists at Mykolaiv, it has been determined that Coalition technology does not mesh as well as originally thought with other technology throughout Sirius.

The Coalition before has given weaponry to other revolutionaries, particularly the Liberty Revolutionary Front, or LRF. It was determined there that the Kalashnikov and Dragunov series of weapons were not suited for craft other than that of Coalition design.

While we do recognize and appreciate the contributions of the Red Hessians and the Red Baron in the technological advancements achieved in the new Coalition shipline, the Coalition cannot approve this request at this time. It is my personal hope that this will not hamper the cooperation between our two groups in the fights for the people.

For the Revolution.
Admiral Alexi Karchov
Coalition High Command
CO Fighter Corps
Gold Lead

Message Send...
...Success

Kommandant Gottfried Halse to SCRA High Command - Zig - 01-17-2010

Incoming Transmission: Kommandant Gottfried Halse, Leader of the Red Barons

Your information would appear to be somewhat inaccurate, Herr Karchov (doubtlessly due to counter-revolutionary subversion aboard Zhukovsky Station - I believe a certain "Yue Fei" and her detail operate aboard?) - your Red Wing's Commodore, Luis Gellantra, is currently piloting an RH-GM40 "Odin" Very Heavy Fighter, a gift from the Red Hessians, that has been armed with a complement of Kalashnikov AK-2 tachyon cannons and has, by all accounts, adapted very well to sundry modifications undertaken. Given that we intend, ideally, to reproduce precisely this with our own Odins, any technological barrier that may at some point in time have existed is evidently present no more.

It is, of course, possible that such a feat of engineering as led Herr Gellantra to pilot what he currently does cannot be reproduced by Red Hessian engineers, but lies solely within the competence of the tireless shipyard workers of the Coalition itself. Should this prove so, we will, of course, gladly pay - and pay handsomely - in exchange for a little of your engineers' valuable time.

Thank you; respectfully yours, Kommandant Halse.

Transmission Ended

Kommandant Gottfried Halse to SCRA High Command - arvg - 01-18-2010

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
COMM ID: Doctor Jerry Yang

YK- Design Beureau testing facility aboard the Prototype Light Cruiser Trotsky

TARGET ID: Red Baron Command
RE: Compatibility issues of Hessian technology and SCRA weaponry

Commandant,

I have been asked to explain the technical issues and the irregularities of the operational Experimental test-bed fighter currently field testing our weapons.

Well, essentially there are two issues at play here.

Firstly, and this is the key issue of what is wrong with the weapons in question. Aboard Odin class fighters there is an issue in the ADMIN power-regulator manifold requiring an SRP converter be developed... we are working on this... the Odin in the SCRA, currently flown by the Commodore is actually using AK-2-A4 guns, our latest design and not actually in mass production as these weapons have a tendency to spontaneously explode and vapourize themselves, rendering such ships unarmed.

The Commodore’s Odin is field testing our new designs, we had to completely strip down the fighter in question, rebuilding the ADMIN power-regulator to include an experimental SRP converter. But this was an expensive and very lengthy process involving utilizing a highly refined OF-Status command interface to use such manifolds and coverters correctly.

I hope that explains to you the difficulties in using said weapons on your ships. In the future, after you have perfected your own OF-Status Command Interface, I am sure we can begin mass producing the manifolds and Converters.

Thank you for your time, good luck to you.

Dr. Yang out!

Dr. Yang

Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army
Революционная Армия Коалиции Сириуса

END TRANSMISSION