Discovery Gaming Community
Erm, explosive ore? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Erm, explosive ore? (/showthread.php?tid=33263)

Pages: 1 2

Erm, explosive ore? - Rasori - 01-19-2010

I've recently taken up gold mining. The first time, I wasn't in a mining ship, didn't have mining lasers, no ID or IFF, purely just trying to make the money to set up a mining rig. Given all of this, and the fact that gold fields = mine fields, I shrugged it off when some of my mined ores blew up a few seconds after extraction. Didn't cause any damage, just disappeared with a little explosion effect. I figured it was a side-effect of poor weapons or the minefield.

Having then set up a mining rig, I went to a different part of the same mining field, with IFF and ID and all equipment, and even confirmed my bonus was kickin' it (10 yield was certainly higher than any I'd seen before, anyway). Problem was, I was still getting occasional bouts of kamikaze ore. I figured I was too close to a mine and moved into a much more open segment of the field. But it still happened. Any reason behind this? Is something buggy?

The time delay seems to be about 2-3 seconds. Even if I tractor it in as soon as it appears, it explodes before it is actually collected. Any ideas what's happening? Do I just deal with it? Searches aren't showing probable causes, but searches aren't the best so sorry if I missed it. Overall I have no clue how much it slowed me, but it wasn't unbearable so maybe it's a design point, I don't know.

Erm, explosive ore? - Canadianguy - 01-19-2010

Even then, I am pretty sure the mines are in cause.
Its a problem that only happens in the gold fields of dublin and its the only one with mines.
1+1=2

Erm, explosive ore? - Alex. - 01-19-2010

' Wrote:Even then, I am pretty sure the mines are in cause.
Its a problem that only happens in the gold fields of dublin and its the only one with mines.
1+1=2
Same problem happens in one of the Omega 7 fields as well actually.
Basically anything with 'volatile gasses' or explosives around it will make it go boom on loot drop.

Erm, explosive ore? - Asymptotic - 01-19-2010

That is VERY odd. I've mined gold and niobium quite a bit and it's never happened to me.

Poor detection algorithm, but fair enough I suppose. Unless there's a different explanation, I'd consider this case closed, I guess.

Erm, explosive ore? - Calego - 01-19-2010

One more thing to add, might clear some stuff up...

In my mining in Dublin I came to realize that there were the Mines you can see, the ones that do next to no damage to a transport, and then there were invisible ones as well. The Invisible Mines did a ton more damage than the not so invisible ones. Not to mention the fact that they kill profits to a great extent by blowing up Ore.

I won't pretend to know why this happens but if it starts happening to you, just thrust away from that spot and try again till you stop hitting them invisible mines.

Erm, explosive ore? - Dusty Lens - 01-19-2010

Don't mine next to anything that explodes.

' Wrote:Don't mine next to anything that explodes.

This logic actually makes an astounding bit of sense. I should've thought of that. And that's not really sarcasm.

I assume with time, my definition of "next to" will begin to match up with the game's definition of "next to" and I'll have no more significant problems.

Glad, however, to know it is indeed the mines and not some other unknowable thing.

Erm, explosive ore? - Exsiled_one - 01-19-2010

tractor it in before it gets blown up. also one of the good ways to do it.

' Wrote:tractor it in before it gets blown up. also one of the good ways to do it.

The post was specifically about ores that blow up before there's even time for that.

Quote:The time delay seems to be about 2-3 seconds. Even if I tractor it in as soon as it appears, it explodes before it is actually collected.