Discovery Gaming Community
Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) (/showthread.php?tid=33276)

Pages: 1 2 3

Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - Luis - 01-19-2010

[Image: Battlecruiser.png]

First of all: This is a concept. It still needs more details.

Te engine shows alot of Rhienland to me as well as the model as a whole. Since, Rhienland likes their ships "boxy":D
Also, my favorite part of this model is this:

[Image: es1.png]

Life Ships or "Escape PODS". Anways, enjoy it.

Got to sleep now.

:sleep: - zzzZZZzzzZZZZZzz

Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - NonSequitor - 01-19-2010

The model looks good. It does have that Rheinland "blocky" motif going for it.

What kind of skin are you going to use? I would suggest the Red Hessian's gunship pattern: gray with green highlights.

Is this a replace for the current Vidar cruiser model? If so, the Vidar is indeed a cruiser and not a BC.

Sorry to nitpick.

Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - Vladimir - 01-19-2010

This looks lovely, especially the life ships indeed. The one thing i dont like is circles on engines - sure, Rheinland like things like that, but Rheinland unlawfuls like Hessians prefer slimmer things.

I guess you know there is already a Vidar there, and its a cruiser? It looks lovely too, so i'd prefer the original Vidar to stay and this to be added. There is plenty names of gods left to use, you know? Like, for example, Thor, it would fit a mighty warship i think.

Tl;dr - There is already a cruiser named Vidar in RH so this should better be renamed and added separately. Or made a bit larger and turned into battleship, its that lovely.

Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - Bolverk - 01-19-2010

Model looks good, it has that feeling of might to it. Looks more hessian than military, it's blocky, but not bulky.

What size will it be, comparatively to other capships?

Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - valen - 01-19-2010

As far as I can see, it looks too much like the current Outcast Dreadnaught.

Other then that the model is indeed promising, and the life ships are a nice detail. I also like the engines that are Rheinlandish but still Hessian looking.

>As far as I can see, it looks too much like the current Outcast Dreadnaught.

This even sounds logical as Hessians had a sort-of-alliance between them agaisnt corsairs, for example, look at the Hessian Cruiser Missile turret infocard - it's being said they are being manufactured for Outcasts too so aqquiring some info on Outcast Drednaught to implement in their own bigger ships seems likely.

Yeah, come to think of it, this model does resemble the OC dreadie.

Any way to incoporate some aspects of the current Vidar model into this model?

Red Hessian "Vidar" Cruiser (renamed to Cruiser) - Prysin - 01-19-2010

Vidar = Cruiser
Heimdall = gunboat
Thor = hessian bomber
Odin = HF?
Loki = LF?

If we gonna continue this "norse mythology" naming, id suggest;
Hermit
Siegfried
Berserker
Freya

Personally, if its like a Geb (bs shield) or maybe like the Necropolis (4 turrets can use either cruiser or gunboat weapons + 2 BS turrets) id name it; Siegfried

If its like a "buffed" LABC then Berserker would be soo darn epic

' Wrote:Vidar = Cruiser
Heimdall = gunboat
Thor = hessian bomber
Odin = HF?
Loki = LF?
If we gonna continue this "norse mythology" naming, id suggest;
Hermit
Siegfried
Berserker
Freya
Personally, if its like a Geb (bs shield) or maybe like the Necropolis (4 turrets can use either cruiser or gunboat weapons + 2 BS turrets) id name it; Siegfried

If its like a "buffed" LABC then Berserker would be soo darn epic

Oh well, i forgot the Thor is already taken. So, speaking of naming, Njord could fit.

Honestly, I don't think Red Hessians need a BC. Or carrier.

According to game lore, they're the 3rd largest crime house. The Red Hessians are doing quite well enough for themselves with the cruiser. Their resources are finite. No need to start pumping the faction with cap ship steroids.

Think of the typical Red Hessian tactical enviroment: Lots and lots of asteroids.

What is the operational effectiveness of anything larger than a cruiser in such an enviroment? Not very. There's a reason why you don't see an RM BS meandering through 0-11 too often.

Ok, the RM and Corsairs have BSes. Great, good for them. A lawful house should have a BS in its shipline. If it were up to me, no pirate house would have anything larger than a cruiser. But, Pandora's Box has been opened, and the Corsairs have dreadies. The best way to deal with them is with bombers. Or with a couple of Vidars.