Discovery Gaming Community
cheating - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: cheating (/showthread.php?tid=3359)

Pages: 1 2 3

cheating - [X]deathwish[X] - 07-16-2007

i spotted Kien.Chen dropping 100 mill credit cards to his other char today.to chris you really have to put an end to this cheating like put a 200 mill bounty on there heads dead or alive .but dead would be better than alive lol:crazy:

cheating - BULLDOGNK - 07-16-2007

' Wrote:i spotted Kien.Chen dropping 100 mill credit cards to his other char today.to chris you really have to put an end to this cheating like put a 200 mill bounty on there heads dead or alive .but dead would be better than alive lol:crazy:

Trading between your own names is not cheating buddy:)

Cheers

cheating - Korrd - 07-16-2007

??
If I understood correctly, you are talking about credit transfers..
Credit transfers are allowed...

cheating - Equinox - 07-16-2007

Thats the whole reason for those credit cards so you can transfer credits between 2 chars without the help of a second person which in alot of casses there might not be anyone to help, i great idea imo.

Dosnt mean someone is cheating.

cheating - MrSns - 07-17-2007

They are also used in PvP compatitions, so when the winner beats some one they drop the card and they have won the Amount of money on the card:)

cheating - Victor - 07-17-2007

Next time, ask first - then presume...

We love to answer any stupid questions you throw at us, but we love it even more to prove you wrong:P

cheating - Exile - 07-17-2007

Yes, could some one explain that creditcard thing to me please?
is it like, you drop a card in space, swap chars, and tractor?

cheating - Victor - 07-17-2007

Yes, just make sure no one else is around - and apparently (haven't tried this myself) your char dropping the card has to be more than 2k away from it.

Do what I do. Take the char that's recieving the card to a specific remote location - then take your char that's dropping their as well, drop it, move away, change chars, tracter it in and sell it IMMEDIATELY !!

You don't want the server to crash or someone to shoot you down with, do you...:)

cheating - Equinox - 07-17-2007

Make sure npcs are active where your dropping them!

Normally i move both char's to the same location, somewhere where theres active npcs but no real players, then drop the card, make sure you can see npcs on your scanner, switch, tractor in and sell it.

cheating - Fellow Hoodlum - 07-17-2007

Best sort of place to use if you are unsure about positioning both ships in the same place, would be a wreck
in system somewhere. Out of the way, and an easily identifiable mark.
As to the dropping of the cards, make sure it has left the hold of the one dropping, and is clear of the ship.
Don't rush it, if it is a vanilla ship that drops it's shields when dumping cargo, let the shield come back up
before using F1. If you don't, you can kiss those cards goodbye. Patience is a virtue.
Next, swap chars, and those cards will be there in space next to your other ship. I have moved plenty of
weapons and cash around like this without a loss, except of course the first one, when I hurried it ... Ouch.
NPC action helps, but is not absolutely necessary.

Hoodlum