Discovery Gaming Community
Junker Gunship model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Junker Gunship model (/showthread.php?tid=33722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Junker Gunship model - Pihe - 01-26-2010

I've been asked to make a gunship class craft recently to the Junkers but due to the circumstances
i probably cannot make it in time so i hereby offer 150millions for the best model posted here.

In case you're interested in making one here are some requirements:

-The ship should be made as a multi-purpose looking vessel, most likely a scrap gatherer combat one.
-It should fit into the junker shipline, either by resembling the Salvager or the smaller crafts.
-It should have 6 turret hardpoints. In case you take up the idea of a scrap gatherer ship then it should have small
cargo hold, but other ideas are welcome aswell.
-As a gunship it shouldn't be a huge one like the corsair gunboat, rather a smaller like the LR gunship.

The offer stands for models posted before the end of February.

Junker Gunship model - schlurbi - 01-26-2010

Why do Junkers need a Gunboat? They also have the Salvager.

Junker Gunship model - Akura - 01-26-2010

' Wrote:Why do Junkers need a Gunboat? They also have the Salvager.

Which is a gunboat... pretty much. It's a hybrid.

No interest in the conference?

Junker Gunship model - Hawk - 01-26-2010

A few points for clarification:

The salvager is not a gunboat. It has a transport shield and thrusts at transport speed. It might fight of an attack as a transport but it has no combat value as a gunboat whatsoever. It's a fun ship but not in combat.

We are interested in the Zoner gunboat but need to get the legality issues straight. Some feel it would be better to just have our own, this is still up for debate.

Junker vessels are enduring increased attacks from gunboats. We have had multiple attacks from Hogosha recently flying both Gaian and Corsair gunboats. As previously stated, the salvager is useless against such attacks.

Junker Gunship model - Durandal - 01-26-2010

Could get the old Conference model...

Junker Gunship model - pipboy - 01-26-2010

' Wrote:We have had multiple attacks from Hogosha recently flying both Gaian and Corsair gunboats.
Right, not Hogosha gunboats.

Why not? Because like you, the Hogosha don't need one. Use someone else's.

Junker Gunship model - AJBeast - 01-26-2010

' Wrote:Right, not Hogosha gunboats.

Thing is, the Hogosha actually pick sides and have allies. Junkers really dont have anyone to rely on for that sort of thing. Besides, we are scrapmongerers and shipbuilding geniuses/lunatics. We are more than capable than building our own.

Junker Gunship model - Pihe - 01-26-2010

' Wrote:Could get the old Conference model...

Sure, make it look like a junker ship, retexture it and maybe add scrap gathering arms etc.

' Wrote:Right, not Hogosha gunboats.

They can use them, at the same time we are close to getting stripped from the Zoner ones.
As such the Junker faction as a whole are wealthy enough to develop their own ship.
This doesn't mean the Hogosha shouldn't get theirs ofcourse i'd be happy to see them
getting their own too, still we have a shipyard at Puerto Rico, also wonder where all the money
goes from the smuggling and scrap gathering from 3 houses? Into Salvagers? Another problem
is that we need neutral gunboats so we can travel across both in outcast and in corsair territory,
this means the pirate gunboats are out of question aswell as the house gunboats, there is no
civilian model so all that remains is the Zoner one, or the one we would develop to ourselfs.
Thats the reason why we need one for the Junkers.

Hmm, it seems AJ was faster and answered the question before me.

Junker Gunship model - Prysin - 01-26-2010

id say make a Junker Juggenought (one mean big badass salvaging plant)

but thats just my wish...

for the gunship.... something agile like the trident, but as small as the orca

big cargo (like 600)
medium-thick armour (100k?)
5 guns facing forward and 6 facing backwards...
600k core

VERY EXPENSIVE (junkers like money, and like the salvager wich costs loads, this one shouldnt be cheap either)
like 60m (just for the gs)

Junker Gunship model - AJBeast - 01-27-2010

' Wrote:id say make a Junker Juggenought (one mean big badass salvaging plant)
but thats just my wish...

With gigantic smelter furnaces, storerooms for the smelted metal, hidden cargo caches to hide contraband, enormous clamps to drag entire clumps of scrap, monster-sized engines for towing...

One can only dream, I'm afraid...