Discovery Gaming Community
Faction presentations? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Faction presentations? (/showthread.php?tid=33991)

Faction presentations? - Boccanon - 01-31-2010

In short: I'd very much want a new cathegory underneath these cathegories:

* Faction Creation Requests
* Faction Recruitment
* Faction Feedback

The new cathegory should be called "Faction Presentations" (or "Faction Status" as some seem to be calling those threads where the different factions present themselves). I'm convinced that if that cathegory was to be created, then that be a great help for newcomers such as me. There should also be a template or a few templates for new (an old?) factions to choose from on how to construct their presentation.
Ranks, faction story, the faction directives and guidelines, links (to other threads that relates to in-game threads such as message dumps etc.), forum-,Skype- and in-character names of important players for the faction a player have joined, etc etc and ofcourse also some room for a personal touch with logos, and additional info.
I must add though that some form of template has been developed over time (but there's no offcial ones to my knowledge), and that many of the newer factions on the server have got their inspiration from some of the most impressive presentations already exisisting.
The main problem to day is in my point of view that all faction presentations drown among other threads.
If the factions presented themselves in a cathegory such as the one I suggested ("Faction Presentations"), then it would be a hell of a lot easier to find relevant and up to date info. (Sorry about the cursing..)

I understand that those that have been playing FL with the Disco mod for many years, they know ofcourse their way around in this forum like the back of their hand. After all, a big part of this game mod is about "playing" in the forums aswell as in-game: Contracts, agreements, special permissions, alliances etc etc.

Faction presentations? - Malexa - 01-31-2010

I think you are talking about this one:

Discovery official Faction Status

There you can find all the officila factions operating on the server.

That one also helps

best regards,
Malexa

Faction presentations? - Boccanon - 01-31-2010

' Wrote:I think you are talking about this one:

Discovery official Faction Status

There you can find all the officila factions operating on the server.
That one also helps

best regards,
Malexa

That link you gave me went straight into my Favorites! Thx a ton!

But.. (there's allways a 'but', isnt there? ;)) I personally had to post this thread in order to find that page/thread where the different factions has presented themselves. I would have found it much easier if the cathegory I suggested existed..
I've noticed that many newcomers to FL Disco havent read 1/5 of what they should have in order to fit in the way they are supposed to. A review of how userfriendly the layout here is perhaps is in order? I belive I talk for the majority when I say that we want as many players here as possible. What if some players, who are very good at RP, get disscuraged to play because of the many hours they have to set aside to find relevant info? Just a thought..

Thx again for the link though, it will come in handy!