Discovery Gaming Community
Junker Demand for Scrap - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Junker Demand for Scrap (/showthread.php?tid=33999)

Pages: 1 2

Junker Demand for Scrap - Ash - 01-31-2010

Why is scrap bought for such a low price my a faction that are so infatuated with the stuff they named themselves after it? I'm talking about Yanagi, Trafalgar and Rochester buying cases of scrap for five bucks a pop. Realisticly it should be sold for a low price, but high enough so that it would drive a faction like the junkers to collect it.

I had 50$ a unit in mind.

Thoughts?

Junker Demand for Scrap - Aphil - 01-31-2010

' Wrote:Why is scrap bought for such a low price my a faction that are so infatuated with the stuff they named themselves after it? I'm talking about Yanagi, Trafalgar and Rochester buying cases of scrap for five bucks a pop. Realisticly it should be sold for a low price, but high enough so that it would drive a faction like the junkers to collect it.

I had 50$ a unit in mind.

Thoughts?

You realize of course that your supposed to sell it to things like shipyards and things with smelters right?

Junker Demand for Scrap - AJBeast - 01-31-2010

I'm guessing that that would be too big of a pain to balance. It's not that big of a problem though. If a Junker needs scrap, he can just go outside and grab some.

I was thinking more on a labourer level, CSV types. Junkers would probably leave the shipping to those kinds of junkers in CSFs. It would cost them a bomb in fuel to go directly from the source to the demand when your based from a Junker station. Scrap -> Junker Base, Junker Base -> Demand. The GMG use a similar method and so do most mining corporations.

Junker Demand for Scrap - Harcourt.Fenton.Mudd - 01-31-2010

Shipyards buy it for more, especily unlawful ones.

Tripoli, Invergordon, etc etc.

Earning money isn't really my motivation here, I'm just looking for a humble beginning for a junker such as my own.

Junker Demand for Scrap - Mounteblanc - 02-01-2010

Mine it in New London.

Sell it to Invergordon. It's currently 1,500c/unit.

Junker Demand for Scrap - Boss - 02-01-2010

' Wrote:Sell it to Invergordon. It's currently 1,500c/unit.

...Down from 3,200c

BPA Newgate and Fuchu Prison also pay fairly well.

Junker Demand for Scrap - AJBeast - 02-01-2010

' Wrote:...Down from 3,200c

Down from 4.000c.

Whut.

About the OP, I think Dusty posted a while back when he remade the mining system that scrap would not be sold unlike the other minerals. So yeah. Just go mine it yourself.

Junker Demand for Scrap - ryoken - 02-01-2010

' Wrote:...Down from 3,200c

Sorry no junker should ever be landing at Fuchu. That is OORP for a junker.