Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words (/showthread.php?tid=3405)

Pages: 1 2

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - BULLDOGNK - 07-24-2007

Admin Notice: Swear words.

i am sick of seeing people posting Violation Reports that use swear words to make their point,

Send the screen shot of the violators but don't say this person has P****D me off , or any other swear words,

This Ba****D has done this............

Now i have added the stars to the swear words myself for i can refrain from typing foul words.

If i see any Violation Reports and you have typed swear words in, i will sanction you also for the use of swear words.

Lets keep it as i have said before" Don't type in here what you wont say to your Mother"

Thanks all and cheers

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Marburg - 07-24-2007

' Wrote:Admin Notice: Swear words.

i am sick of seeing people posting Violation Reports that use swear words to make their point,

Send the screen shot of the violators but don't say this person has P****D me off , or any other swear words,

This Ba****D has done this............

Now i have added the stars to the swear words myself for i can refrain from typing foul words.

If i see any Violation Reports and you have typed swear words in, i will sanction you also for the use of swear words.

Lets keep it as i have said before" Don't type in here what you wont say to your Mother"

Thanks all and cheers
Does that apply to the RP forum as well?
I'm pretty good at cen*oring my dialogue, but, I slacked off on that a couple of days ago with a new TAZ character bio. when I slipped in the word 'pis*ed'.
If I should tweak it, just say the word.

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - BULLDOGNK - 07-24-2007

' Wrote:Does that apply to the RP forum as well?
I'm pretty good at cen*oring my dialogue, but, I slacked off on that a couple of days ago with a new TAZ character bio. when I slipped in the word 'pis*ed'.
If I should tweak it, just say the word.

Well Look Buddy its in the RP thread:)

it means all over the Forums:)

Cheers

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Malaclypse 666 - 07-24-2007

' Wrote:Well Look Buddy its in the RP thread:)

it means all over the Forums:)
Cheers

Marburg, I think you'll find that the Forum engine will keep you pretty clean and safe in the forums..

It seems you have some pretty "realistic" RP going, which in real life might result in some "gritty" language. I believe that to a degree, this is taken into consideration by the reader.

However, BulldogNK and the other Admins are completely right in not wishing or having to be subjected to name-calling when violations are being reported; just as you, I, and the rest of the community should be free of insulting abuse and vulgar language both on the forums and in game.

Use common sense, and respect others, and the occassional "naughty bit" in context will probably not get ya the boot..

(However, I hear BULLDOGNK does wear a size 13..)

Cheers,
Malaclypse

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - octavius - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:Lets keep it as i have said before" Don't type in here what you wont say to your Mother"

Ok... and what if I would call my mother a "dirty s**nk s**t w***e **tch"? To her face no less... So this means I'm fine and can curse as much as I want? Haha.

I'm just playing but seriously, you shouldn't make something that general, those of us who are actually adults may be able to have mature conversations with our parents using swear words.

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Knucklehead - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:... mature conversations ... using swear words.
A bit of an oxymoron if you ask me. I'm 26 and I don't feel any reason to use those words. There really is no good reason to use them in any conversation.

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Marburg - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:A bit of an oxymoron if you ask me. I'm 26 and I don't feel any reason to use those words. There really is no good reason to use them in any conversation.
I cuss like a sailor all the time, & I like to use some swear in my storylines, but I have no problem w/ keeping it cleaner here than I normally would if I just wrote it in a notebook.

for example, One of my RP's refers to the Shetland luxury liner as "The Sh*tland" a number of times, but since I don't over do it, the server gods don't go after me for it.

s*lf-cen*oring seems to work pretty We*l.

people here have great imaginations, & are smart enough to figure it out, so why try to fix what ain't broken?

In the past 24 hrs, i've been hyper-sensitive to the subject of censorship, but, keeping tight reins on swearing is not an issue at all to me.

a really good work-around is to substitute words: Battlestar Galactica uses 'frack' & I'll partial to the term 'smeg' from 'Red Dwarf' & they are both excellent in their ability to be both nouns & verbs as needed.

One day I will use 'snarfbargle' in a sentance, & try to make THAT sound like swearing:)

(that last part was funnier in my head, i'm sure)

Cheers

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - BULLDOGNK - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:Ok... and what if I would call my mother a "dirty s**nk s**t w***e **tch"? To her face no less... So this means I'm fine and can curse as much as I want? Haha.

I'm just playing but seriously, you shouldn't make something that general, those of us who are actually adults may be able to have mature conversations with our parents using swear words.

Again some one looking for loop holes, Ok put it this way dont say because an Admin Told you not too, is that fair enough?

Cheers

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Victor - 07-26-2007

s*lf-cen*oring of these words is starting to look like 1337 !!

Keep in mind, that almost half of words considered as swear words these days is actually just man-made.

Like the all-famous f word was actually a use phrase in the 1300's. FOR-UNDER-CONSULT-of-the-KING...:sleep:

...I'm not gonna give the explanation to this - you can Google it, or something.

But, I agree that the forums should be kept clean - especially because of the fact that it could be used against these forums when some angry mother decide she wants to sue Disco because her son failed some exam for being here too much...:angry: it could happen...

Admin Notice:The Use of Swear words - Knucklehead - 07-26-2007

Funny, I heard it was a police term. "For unspecified carnal knowledge"... or something like that.

For that matter, if you want to get technical, all words are man made. It's not like we got our languages from a bunch of turtles or something...