Discovery Gaming Community
ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule (/showthread.php?tid=3408)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - bluntpencil2001 - 07-25-2007

I've already said that it's not the winning and losing of wars that matters. It's the fact that the RP is horrible with folk having dozens of cappies.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Korrd - 07-25-2007

Yep.
Not fun when you are on a fighter and you are hunted by 5 battleships...

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Archelon - 07-25-2007

' Wrote:Then how do we deal with the capship whoring?

Our bomber use doesn't stop it.

It's not the winning that matters here... it's the ships themselves.

Bombers and Gunboats are neither fighter nor capship. They lie in between these two classes. A bomber is too powerful to be considered a fighter and a gunboat is not powerful enough to be considered a capship. Some of those last night thought my Rogue Gunboat was a capship. PCs cannot pirate in capships - only in fighters and gunboats.

' Wrote:Yep.
Not fun when you are on a fighter and you are hunted by 5 battleships...

Yeah - happens ALL the time. Don't know why they seem to think they've gotta do that. NPCs don't chase you all over the system in capships. Usually 1 or 2 spawns with dozens if fighters. Unfortunately, PCs spawn dozens of capships and 1 or 2 fighters. Weird how that happens.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - bluntpencil2001 - 07-25-2007

Any suggestions then?

Maybe having to apply to actually buy one to the other players?

And a Gunboat IS a capship, albeit a piratey one. Yar.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - McNeo - 07-26-2007

I've been wishing for this for so long, hopefully this will reduce the flames due to misunderstandings. I would rather have cap spamming than flames any day.

Next time we get into Omega 52 (on my sso| character at least), we'll boot you out:).

(and sorry if my posts are incoherent, i seem to have stayed up for 22 hours at this point and it takes effort to focus my eyes...)

Thank you for instating this rule admins, makes life so much easier for us mortals spilling our blood everyday for our various different causes..

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - RonG777 - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:Then how do we deal with the capship whoring?

Our bomber use doesn't stop it.

It's not the winning that matters here... it's the ships themselves.

Many of the veteran players here have told me that there used to be a "gentleman's rule"; that batts and botts wasn't used with their capships. Since that agreement is not used anymore, would it be fair to either reduce or eliminate batts/botts on caps in the next mod? Or, since there are more ships / weapons now, would it make the cap ships too weak?

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - BestFlyerHere - 07-26-2007

Most people used to abide by the Gentleman's Rules, but then... *opera music* the SA came...

It was too one-sided, so the HF and the AW began to use them in combat against them. Just became habit, I guess.

But battleships only have maybe .6 shield regens, and .8 hull

They're weak enough as is. They're due for an upgrade in the next mod version.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - bluntpencil2001 - 07-26-2007

To be honest, relying on 'Gentlemen's Rules' is a touch naive, no?

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Dab - 07-26-2007

I think bots/batts are at this point, good. In the time it took me to strip one bomber of its weaponry and damage the other so my allies could kill him (and all this time the other ships were also shooting the bombers) I was out of bots/batts and had 5 bars of hull.. I think caps need what they have already and fighters are pretty well balanced right now (about 2 full regens for hull and 1.6 for shield when using them).

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Hylden - 07-26-2007

I think bs are overrated... i checked the bombers... they have 100+ b/b. If 5 bombers attack a bs, they don't even have to stress up with dodging. They can move just a little bit, and fire novas. In this way the bs haves no chance. I'd suggest to lower the numbers of the b/b available for bombers, maybe with 10 more than of an average fighter (~75 of each). That would be more challenging.