Discovery Gaming Community
This is weird... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: This is weird... (/showthread.php?tid=34590)

Pages: 1 2 3

This is weird... - Politus - 02-10-2010

I made a character, set it up with a Dromedary and a Freelancer ID/IFF. For some reason, I am enemies with LSF Guard, Zoner Guard, Red Hessians, Unioners, Liberty Rogues, Xenos... pretty much half the galaxy.

However, when I click on the Freelancer faction rep slider to check who it has as its enemies, it is listed as having no enemies and no friends.

Why, then, do I have half of the galaxy in the red? I have never fired a shot at anyone on this character, and my Freelancer IFF should preclude attack. What's the deal?

This is weird... - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 02-10-2010

' Wrote:I made a character, set it up with a Dromedary and a Freelancer ID/IFF. For some reason, I am enemies with LSF Guard, Zoner Guard, Red Hessians, Unioners, Liberty Rogues, Xenos... pretty much half the galaxy.

However, when I click on the Freelancer faction rep slider to check who it has as its enemies, it is listed as having no enemies and no friends.

Why, then, do I have half of the galaxy in the red? I have never fired a shot at anyone on this character, and my Freelancer IFF should attack. What's the deal?
You will allways be red towards Guard factions. To earn their trust you need to work for them.
When you set up the new character, did you use the /restart command ?

A & L Guy

No, I didn't. However, shouldn't Freelancer IFF deal with that? On my CR character, when I put on the CR ID and got a CR IFF all of my reps changed accordingly.

' Wrote:No, I didn't. However, shouldn't Freelancer IFF deal with that? On my CR character, when I put on the CR ID and got a CR IFF all of my reps changed accordingly.
No. Freelancer ID's are not ninjaed.

A & L Guy

' Wrote:No. Freelancer ID's are not ninjaed.

A & L Guy

I know the ID isn't. My IFF though. Identify Friend/Foe. It is set to Freelancer, I got the little message that said it was. That means, according to the Freelancer info card, I shouldn't have any friends or enemies, save for the Freelancer faction itself, of course, though I kinda get the guard rep.

This is weird... - Unseelie - 02-10-2010

New characters start red to all of the guard factions...yay?

' Wrote:New characters start red to all of the guard factions...yay?

I understand that. However, the rest of the factions should be in the gray. Freelancer IFF should make sure of that, or the Freelancer info card should be changed accordingly.

edit: I'm gonna make it clear what my grievance is.

I have a Freelancer IFF. This means that, according to the Freelancer infocard, aside from guard factions -who are enemies by default- I have no friends or enemies. The Hessians, Xenos, LR, heck, all of the factions, should be at exactly neutral unless I antagonize them or assist them. I have neither antagonized nor assisted anyone. I have merely traded in my dromedary.

' Wrote:I understand that. However, the rest of the factions should be in the gray. Freelancer IFF should make sure of that, or the Freelancer info card should be changed accordingly.

edit: I'm gonna make it clear what my grievance is.

I have a Freelancer IFF. This means that, according to the Freelancer infocard, aside from guard factions -who are enemies by default- I have no friends or enemies. The Hessians, Xenos, LR, heck, all of the factions, should be at exactly neutral unless I antagonize them or assist them. I have neither antagonized nor assisted anyone. I have merely traded in my dromedary.

What ID have you mounted on the ship ?

A Freelancer IFF just means that you are + 0.9 on the rep scale to the Freelancer faction. It doesn't mean you are the same with the allies of the Freelancers, or even neutral with them.

A & L Guy

' Wrote:What ID have you mounted on the ship ?

A Freelancer IFF just means that you are + 0.9 on the rep scale to the Freelancer faction. It doesn't mean you are the same with the allies of the Freelancers, or even neutral with them.

A & L Guy

I have a Freelancer ID. I explained that in the first post.

This is weird... - Unseelie - 02-10-2010

Here's what you're missing. The majority of IDs don't repninja at all. Your rep is what you make it, and nothing else. You want a pure grey rep, you'll have to carefully balance your actions. You want to be hostile to liberty? Kill liberty ships.

Reputation's a reactive process, and it depends on what you do ingame. It is, actually, a really rather neat system. I think you're playing factionlancer a little to hard, without thinking about freelancer.