Discovery Gaming Community
Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID (/showthread.php?tid=34646)

Pages: 1 2

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - davnolan - 02-11-2010

So, if you read the info panel on the ZBT-100Z 2, the Zoner Whale, you see that it says that ONLY Zoners should be flying the ship, and any non-zoners found flying one got it by "nefarious means" and should be shot down.

Here's the problem...

The Zoner Faction ID says that you can't fly a ship with a cargo hold larger than 3,800. The Zoner Whale has a cargo hold of 5,000. Perhaps an exemption of "except the Zoner Whale" should be added to the Faction ID? I was really looking forward to RPing a Zoner and flying their unique transport.

Admin, please respond and let me know if I can still do this, or if this ship is out there simply to screw with my brain. Thanks!

~Silverhawk

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - Alex. - 02-11-2010

http://www.discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?...=Zoner_Guard_ID

Use that instead.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - kuth - 02-11-2010

Look at the Zoner Guard ID.

Case closed.

Edit: Fracking ninja'd.

Also, I just wanted to point this out so you see it:

Quote:The Zoner ID does not make you immune to piracy, pirates may choose at their discretion whether to exempt you from being pirated.
Cannot dock on any stations/planets/bases in lawful House space except:
Independent Miners Guild (IMG) Bases
Gas Miners Guild (GMG) Bases
Council Bases
Zoner Bases
Planet Erie

Note the bolded part. You can and will be pirated. The Whale/Zoner IFF/ID is not a immunity badge. Also, note where you cannot dock.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - davnolan - 02-11-2010

' Wrote:Look at the Zoner Guard ID.

Case closed.

Edit: Fracking ninja'd.

Also, I just wanted to point this out so you see it:
Note the bolded part. You can and will be pirated. The Whale/Zoner IFF/ID is not a immunity badge. Also, note where you cannot dock.

I realize it's not immune, I just liked the idea of flying one. Just seems weird you have to be a Zoner GUARD to fly a transport for trading. *shrug* Sucks that it's so limited. Too bad you can't land on any Gallic Corporations, too, like the Gallic Metal Service.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - n00bl3t - 02-11-2010

' Wrote:Just seems weird you have to be a Zoner GUARD to fly a transport for trading. *shrug* Sucks that it's so limited. Too bad you can't land on any Gallic Corporations, too, like the Gallic Metal Service.

Welcome to the Zoner lifestyle.

Not everything makes sense.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - Sprolf - 02-12-2010

Welcome to Discovery, where everything is nerfed.
You're lucky you joined late so you don't feel the pain.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - reisiger_duke - 02-12-2010

' Wrote:Welcome to the Zoner lifestyle.

Not everything makes sense.
Well... that about... explains everything...:tease:

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - Elsdragon - 02-12-2010

It was nerfed because people were using the whale to go everywhere and trade everything, completely supplanting any other trade group.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - Wood - 02-12-2010

' Wrote:Too bad you can't land on any Gallic Corporations, too, like the Gallic Metal Service.
Well, yeah. Any foreigner landing on a Gallic base would likely be immediately arrested, "interrogated, and executed. Nothing to do with the ID.

Zoner Ship at Odds with Faction ID - n00bl3t - 02-12-2010

' Wrote:It was nerfed because people were using the whale to go everywhere and trade everything, completely supplanting any other trade group.

In other words, corporations that whinged loudly got more profit in the mod.

Like, say, whoever carries Synth paste now. You can make a killing off that.