Discovery Gaming Community
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (/showthread.php?tid=349)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - White Falcon - 11-26-2005

Spoiler Free so read on with confidence.

Ok having read the first five books numerous times, and trying to get around to the sixth, I know my Potter. I went into the theatre knowing I would enjoy this film even if it was horrible, yet I tried to keep an open mind. I must comment as other more experienced reveiwers already have that the main trio of actors have aged well and gained great talent over the past three films. Of these three great young actors I feel that Grint and Radcliffe have gained the most. Though Watson was as great and charming as ever, Hermione undoubtedly being one of my favorite characters of the book series. Perhaps more so than any other in the movies, I feel she really captures the character. I promise I won't give anything away to the very few reading this that might not have read the books but this movie posesses the very soul of the book, every emotion, nuance and sensation. From begining to end it sweeps you in, right from the start. Personaly I have to comment, being my only problem, that I felt the begining almost too quick. Though any Potter fan will know whats going on, I would imagine the few that do not read the books would be a bit confused. Ofcourse if you never watched or read anything pertaining to Harry Potter you will most likely have many questions, leaving you a bit disoriented. Only a handfull of characters have been cut, and a slight change was ofcourse needed, but this sort of adaption is needed for the transition from book to movie to work. All said I think this was by far the best of the series, from special effects, lighting and flow to acting, delivery and heart. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

I say, if you like fantasy, magic, or adventure GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

On to the Fifth! :D

Thanks for reading my review and please refrain from replies consisting of spoilers pertaining to the movies or books, especialy book six as I have yet to read it. Thank you.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Cecasander - 11-27-2005

Need to read book 6 and see movie 4, thus no spoilers here :)

Correction: I need to watch/read them BADLY!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - White Falcon - 11-27-2005

Also I'd like to add that the tone of this movie, as the book, is much, much darker. Some of the younger, more sensitive audience, might be a little scared. Brendan Gleeson is together charming and simply frightening as Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody. I could go on but there are so many other great reviews out there I'd feel like a broken record.

Again see this movie! See it twice, I'm going next week!

Note: Why is a thumbs down shown by the title of this thread in the default skin? Sorta seems to indicate I disliked the movie. Anyway someone should fix that, it's supposed to be an exclamation point!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Cecasander - 01-10-2006

I saw it, finaly, and i must say I really liked it. Some say they left too much out, but I liked the pace, and else they would have made a four hour long film. As of such, I'm seriously wondering how they're going to put Order of the Phoenix to the screen, as that book is over twice as thick as the first three books. But honestly, if you want to know the whole story, you should read the book. There is no way a book can be filmed completely, and be watchable at the same time. It's a very nice flick though, yet I think we should have seen more from Fleur Delacour :)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Igiss - 01-10-2006

Yes, I liked the movie too, though I've never read Harry Potter books and was never going to. I didn't even see the second movie. But - most of Goblet of Fire was quite clear, including the beginning :)

The movie is colorful, beautiful and brilliantly made. No surprise it was no. 1 in last year's box office, beating Narnia and Kong. Both actors and special effects performed great, no less to say. Well, I'm not very good at reviews, so better stop now before I spoil something...