Discovery Gaming Community
Player files corruption - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Player files corruption (/showthread.php?tid=3490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Player files corruption - BULLDOGNK - 08-05-2007

i have tonight on my own back searched all player files causing the server to crash and deleted those accounts

Now Igiss or Korrd may want me gone after this,

but i ran my own server for 16 months and only failed when i had to do a player wipe..

now after i searched the data base and found 342 accounts causing problems i deleted them, now i have never been wrong before, may be a first time, and i may get flamed, but as of right now, there is no player errors.

if you have a problem with this please place on violation forums.
if i see any response on this thread i will delete them.

Igiss and Korrd, i told you i would look after discovery, this is my way.

Cheers

Player files corruption - TankTarget - 08-05-2007

If the admins kick you for that...I will leave. You prevented a player wipe, nothing wrong with that. And if anyone disagrees. Then beware the HF tag and all ships in my command.

Player files corruption - Nightfall - 08-05-2007

Big thanks from me. I was ready to give up and say 'do a player wipe'. You did a colossal amount of work during the last few days in finding the corrupt player files.

Player files corruption - X-Lancer - 08-05-2007

I hope the sever maximum player nuber decrease to 60...there is too much player at the same time....and yellow lag all the time......

Player files corruption - DBoy1612 - 08-05-2007

Thats what the clean up was for Lancer... To fix that problem. The server can handle 75 players without problems with the server hardware its on.

Player files corruption - McNeo - 08-05-2007

Thankyou very much Bulldog, that prevented a massive player wipe, and I greatly appreciate that, along with people stockpiling certain goods *cough* Cap armour mk VIII *cough*.

But honestly, I really do appreciate the work that you have done to stop my many many characters from being deleted, and I will not let you go anywhere without a hell of a fight. Let me see, my official chars list that you saved:

Montoya[TBH]
Mantis[TBH]
Sunslayer[TBH]
Cannonera[TBH] - shared
Cazadora[TBH] - shared
Altaneria[TBH] - shared
Banco[TBH] - shared
sso|[GM]Mandy.Payne
SSO|[GM]Mandy's.store
SSO|[GM]Mandy's.Rage
SSO|[GM]Mandy's.Anger
SSO|[GM]Mandy's.Fury
[IND]Stuart.Payne
[IND]James.Watson

And those are only my official ones. Thanks a bunch Tony!:D

Two more to add to that list:

McNeo
Cmdr-Sebastiano.Salinas

I can tell you, thats alot of money right there. If you hadn't had done what you did, I probably wouldn't have any. I and the rest of the community owe you our thanks.

Player files corruption - X-Lancer - 08-05-2007

realy...thx alot..Bulldognk...my PING is from 130+ drop off to around 110...(i know is over 100..but won't have any yellow lag..)

CHEERS

Player files corruption - RonG777 - 08-05-2007

You did fine Tony... No worries...

Player files corruption - Malaclypse 666 - 08-05-2007

Like that pointy-eared dude said:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

If those who had players wiped due to this much-needed cleanup need some help in getting started again, the TAZ stands ready to assist.

BULLDOGNK: It's my firm belief that the other Admins will see the wisdom and the benefit of your action.

Chin up. Pip Pip. Let's have no more of this leavin' talk.

Mal

Player files corruption - Qunitinius~Verginix - 08-05-2007

I hope this clears things up! If you get kicked, I will be pissed.

Now, I really hope that my characters were not deleted, but there is a high chance, due to the fact that i was like 90% sure that I had corrupted files in my Freelancer folders and that a complete re-install did NOT fix. I will check tomorrow to see if I have any problems still or if my characters are gone.

Verg