Discovery Gaming Community
Would you join a player faction/group... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Would you join a player faction/group... (/showthread.php?tid=35074)

Pages: 1 2 3

Would you join a player faction/group... - Akura - 02-18-2010

Always liked the idea, just never saw it happen.

Would you join a player faction/group... - sovereign - 02-18-2010

' Wrote:Which had none of the usual ranking system or a "leader".

I pondered on a freelance pirate group which had a simple idea behind them, to loot, pillage, ect ect, and the leader is the one who holds the biggest stick and has the ability to slap others around. Can be challenged every time and the in RP war within the group itself as the struggle for dominance would make it a bit more interesting than the usual rookie-admiral-your mom rank system.
What do you think?

Blatant attentionwhoring for the Maquis Official Request

From there, you may notice that there aren't any ranks. There's me (since the admins need a leader and since I like doing diplomacy stuff), there's who takes over for me when I'm not around, and there's everyone. The Maquis, however, fit this style of "leadership" because they are a brotherhood fighting for common vengeance... not because no one is strong enough to hold power over the others. They help each other rather than vying for dominance.

So far it's worked pretty well.

For a group of pirates, it'd be pretty neat to do it your way. Captain of the hour and all that. So long as everyone is of the "in-RP we hate each other but OOC we have a wild fun time doing so" mentality rather than... other mentalities... then it could be an absolute blast.

You know, I actually don't have a terribly functional pirate right now... this makes me sad.

Sign me up.

Would you join a player faction/group... - Birdtalon - 02-18-2010

Yes I would be interested.

Sounds good.

Would you join a player faction/group... - Ebon - 02-18-2010

Indeed. I would like to check it out in practise.

Count me in too.

Would you join a player faction/group... - Quorg - 02-18-2010

I like this much better than your terrorist ID idea.

Count me in, once I can get my windows partition up and running again.

Would you join a player faction/group... - Rodent - 02-18-2010

I like the idea, would surely be interested.

Would you join a player faction/group... - stardust47 - 02-18-2010

There's one I'm part of. It's called the [TAZ].
At least, there are no ranks listed in the roster.

Would you join a player faction/group... - AJBeast - 02-18-2010

The idea seems good but my guess is that the faction would fall apart whenever it was faced with a tough diplomatic decision.

That doesn't mean that the structure that we use is the best though. In my Guild Wars guild we had a rotating leadership system. Every couple of months one of the officers was made Guild Leader and was in charge and all that and then it changed. Of course, beyond that we had the Council members, the older folk that created the guild, but seeing as we were a small group they had little influence. Over the years I guess I was the Guild Leader for half a year. Yay for me.

Would you join a player faction/group... - Guest - 02-18-2010

Isn't that how the Rogues are actually supposed to be? I mean, in vanilla, they're a bunch of random criminals who don't fit in other groups and band together.

Would you join a player faction/group... - Exsiled_one - 02-18-2010

So who will be responsible for them?