Discovery Gaming Community
Who are the Xenos? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Who are the Xenos? (/showthread.php?tid=3540)

Who are the Xenos? - alance - 08-11-2007

I don't recall encountering or being told about the Xenos when I played the SP campaign. Could someone fill me in on who these guys are and what they're all about in the game? I'm curious for RP reasons.

Thanks!

Who are the Xenos? - Doom - 08-11-2007

' Wrote:Chapter I

Xeno history
This group was originally comprised of heavy manufacturing and mining workers within Colorado and Texas. Many of their ancestors
also worked in the research station, which was a good employer for generations. But Liberty increasingly made money from its
information technology licensing and Trade Lane associated monopolies rather than hard, manufactured goods. Over time most of the
blue-collar workers became unemployed and were pushed to the economic fringe of Liberty society. As the Liberty rich moved to Colorado to escape the paradise lost in California, the Xenos were displaced to a small base in the mined out Silverton Asteroid Field. Once there the Xenos launched sporadic raids focused against foreign shippers.

Whenever they were captured they were sent to Huntsville prison in Texas, where cross-fertilization with other inmates only helped
to swell their ranks. Xenos also hate the foreigner Outcasts that feed the habits of Liberty's morally corrupt rich. For this
reason, most of those declared NCR for drug crimes are placed aboard the Sugarland to keep the two groups separate.

Because of the Xeno preference for other Houses' ships, Universal Shipping has actually benefited from the attacks and has lobbied the government to take it easy on them. It is rumored that some of their attacks on foreign shipping were not Xenos, but actually mercenaries hired by Universal to harass the competition.

There are two additional Xeno bases in the Independent World systems of Hudson and Kepler. Here the Xenos have been able to operate more freely, with only occasional Liberty Navy patrols and Bounty Hunters to secure the areas. They make hit-and-run attacks into Texas frequently, especially to attack the Junker base at Beaumont and confront Outcasts.

The Xenos were one of the poorest of all the criminal factions, so they had little resources to buy better ships and weapons.
Until now.

Who are the Xenos? - will ritson - 08-11-2007

Xenos are a terrorist group small in numbers they where workers in Texas system that were being oppressed by Liberty so the began to launch terror attacks on liberty. LSF have rounded up most of the leaders and kill or sent them to jail. They are a very aggressive group and will KoS any thing they see they are few in numbers but the players that are xenos are very powerful. Prospector is a xenos warlord he has a story how he became a xenos.

search for The path of Prospector in the search bit.

The kid out

Who are the Xenos? - alance - 08-11-2007

Thanks guys. Hey Doom, where did you find that chunk of text about the Xenos?

Who are the Xenos? - bluntpencil2001 - 08-11-2007

Essentially they are out of work and blame the foreigners for it. They've become racist and xenophobic, hence the name.

Who are the Xenos? - Doom - 08-11-2007

where did i found that chunk about them?....from game...select any xeno station and press question mark on your map or "!" on your hud and u can read it in game. Also if u are able to dock at their bases u can read the news or rumors and u can find out many interesting things. Also this story is based on real event that has happened (in history of game naturally) and Yngen only added some names and connected it with some of his characters that are (or rather will be) Xenos.

but if u are thinking to role play them remember that they are very hard to role play and have many restrictions (they don't leave liberty space and have many ship and equipment restrictions - dictated by their ID)

Who are the Xenos? - Carlos_Benitez - 08-11-2007

Its due to their hatred for all foreigners that they have become so unpopular, and as a faction have so many enemies and so few allies. Nobody likes a racist.