Discovery Gaming Community
4 hour vs miner - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: 4 hour vs miner (/showthread.php?tid=35465)

Pages: 1 2 3

4 hour vs miner - CzeReptile - 02-24-2010

Right, simple as it is.
I was just mining and two pirates come along. I metagamed enought to meet them outside Java and I sit next to speeddock at tower.
After some heated RP regarding eggs, they started firing. I docked and was replied by sentence let me quote :

See you in four hours, bub!

Now I wonder, if my miner dock from pirates, can I resume mining within 4 hours, or the rule does not cover this and I have to stay out of system for 4 hours entirely?

4 hour vs miner - Szerano - 02-24-2010

It is my understanding that if you run from a fight as a trader/miner you can continue to trade or mine through the system but not in the same place. In other words you can continue to mine but not in the place you met them...I might need conformation on this tho...:mellow:

4 hour vs miner - Dab - 02-24-2010

' Wrote:Right, simple as it is.
I was just mining and two pirates come along. I metagamed enought to meet them outside Java and I sit next to speeddock at tower.
After some heated RP regarding eggs, they started firing. I docked and was replied by sentence let me quote :

See you in four hours, bub!

Now I wonder, if my miner dock from pirates, can I resume mining within 4 hours, or the rule does not cover this and I have to stay out of system for 4 hours entirely?
Well first off, you shouldn't brag about metagaming. We look down on metagaming. Quite harshly in fact..

For the rest of it;

' Wrote:5.6 Fleeing in combat counts as a PVP death. Fleeing is:

a) Docking with a jump gate, station or tradelane;
b) Moving more than 10km from the fight.

5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.

If the player respawns in the same system, he/she must leave the system within 10 minutes of his destruction without attacking anyone, except in self-defense. Other players are not allowed to attack one who is leaving.

Transports/Freighters/Liners which have been killed in a PvP fight may return to the system in which they were destroyed but only for purposes of moving through the system or for trade within that system. They may only act in a purely defensive manner and may not resume acts of piracy.
The bolded part is the most important. If you flee, it counts as death. And if you die, you can't reenter. The only exceptions are for transports, freighters, and liners. Now, the Mining Ship does fall within the class of a transport. However, the other part; "only for the purposes of moving through the system or for trade within it." Mining is not trade or passing through. It's a continuous operation within the system, much like piracy, or policing, or anything else.

Why? Because if, say, Daumann doesn't like the fact that Kruger is mining in one of their fields, and hire a mercenary to kill the Kruger ship, it'd completely defeat the purpose if the Kruger ship can just return again and again.

So until/unless mining is added as a description, or the admins declare otherwise, the answer would be no, you can't go back to mining, as the rules don't cover it.

4 hour vs miner - Exsiled_one - 02-24-2010

Oooo, see i never saw it like that.

I always seen it as "trading = ships that cannot harm or participate in pvp"...

I guess I was wrong when i told that guy last night that he can come back to mining. But then again, I wasn't wrong because by 0.0 I can allow someone to come back right?

Either way, thanks for clearing this up Dab.

4 hour vs miner - Dab - 02-24-2010

' Wrote:But then again, I wasn't wrong because by 0.0 I can allow someone to come back right?
Yes.

Well, metagaming aint okay, looking at player list is not.
And goodbying you with a sentence that is more of rule explanation is fine? Come on, dont lecture me Dab and read it whole.

edit
Why? Because if, say, Daumann doesn't like the fact that Kruger is mining in one of their fields, and hire a mercenary to kill the Kruger ship, it'd completely defeat the purpose if the Kruger ship can just return again and again.

Kill it again!

4 hour vs miner - Exsiled_one - 02-24-2010

why would he waste another 4mil?

Capship dies in front of Crete on event battle. Let it undock. Why not kill it again?

Its not an extreme example, money is equally important these days

Right, I am just wondering. But okay, I will not mine there. Not best solution imo, but what can I do.

4 hour vs miner - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-24-2010

I'm going to back Dab up on this one.

If you want to take your miner ship and start trading with that ship - since the large mining ship do have a decent sized cargo hold - then you may do so. Purchase a cargo and go forth to another system to trade. But no mining from you for four hours.

Obviously, of course, the best situation is to simply play as another character for a while.

4 hour vs miner - mwerte - 02-24-2010

BUT! If they did not bring your shield below 50% (in this specific instance, I doubt that they did) it was not an engagement and you did not flee.