Discovery Gaming Community
Kusari export to Taus license changed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Kusari export to Taus license changed (/showthread.php?tid=35482)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kusari export to Taus license changed - Sprolf - 02-25-2010

.: Begin Transmission :.
<<< Aliester Brown, DSE President >>>
>>> Hokani Matsuo, Kishiro CEO <<<

[Image: aliestertransmissions.png]

Thank you for the response, Matsuo.
You'll be pleased to note that the construction of the Sigma 19 Gate is actually proceeding quite well, exponentially better than our... other gate project... in Kusari. I'd posit that Kishiro and the GMG are somewhat better stewards than Samura... and If my staff is worth the ridiculous amounts of money they demand as salary, their estimations shouldn't be too far off... and they say it should be mere months until the link between Okinawa and Sigma 19 is first made.

Concerning the plutonium, I believe I see how things are at the moment... you can expect some form of trade negotiations to be initiated by myself or my staff at some point, as a plutonium contract could be somewhat beneficial for our transports.

But, again, that is for later, I think my business in this channel is concluded.

Regards,
Aliester Brown
President, Deep Space Engineering

.: End Transmission :.

Kusari export to Taus license changed - DeathsOverture - 02-27-2010

[color=#66FF99]-Incoming Transmission-
Sender: GMG Guild Master Nozaki Ichimoto
To: Hokani Matsuo CEO
CC: The Council of the Rising Sun
Subject: Distribution of GMG Fuels

Hokani Matsuo-san e,

The Kusari Government claims that the new shipping regulations were implemented to enforce the Distribution Agreement signed by the Gas Miners Guild, Kishiro Technologies, and Republican Shipping.

I would like Kusari's most astute lawyers to quote the exact passage of the Distribution Agreement that granted GMG's distributors exclusive rights to transport GMG Fuels through their respective territories of exclusivity.

Ichimoto Nozaki
Guild Master

[color=#66FF99]-End Transmission-

Kusari export to Taus license changed - Zelot - 02-27-2010

To Guild Master Nozaki Ichimoto

Konnichiwa Guild Master, As you can see from the copy of the document I am posting, Kusari is fully within it's legal rights. I have highlighted the relevant passages.

[Image: gmgda818as.jpg]

As you can see from the highlighted paragraphs, Kishiro is given the "Exclusive" right to transport your product in Kusari and Liberty. It also give Kishiro the obligation to monitor it's distribution territory for unauthorized transports of your product. Kishiro has in-turn asked the Kusari government to help them abide by their obligations set out in the treaty. All that has been done has been within Kusari law, and within the terms of your exclusive distribution contract with the GMG.

Now, I will reiterate the Emperor's words, and ask the GMG to come to the table with the Kusari government, as you will not find legal fault with the actions of the Kusari government. The best way out of this situation, as the councils office sees it, it through negotiations not with harsh words.

Tawa Katana - Imperial Office of Council and Legal Affairs

To: Tawa Katana

Honored members of The Council of the Rising Sun,

The Kusari Government has imposed these new shipping regulations, claiming to be enforcing the Distribution Agreement and, in the process, have wrongly accused the Gas Miners Guild of disregarding Kusari Law. The reasons for which the KNF High Command claims the restriction of the transport of GMG Fuels in Kusari has been implemented are ultimately unjustified.

The passages which you have selected, for all intents and purposes, I will designate the Distribution Clause, the Territory Clause, and the Enforcement Clause.

The Distribution Clause: The distributor(s) have exclusive rights to transport GMG products as outlined in "Products" from all GMG-owned stations to distributor(s) designated territories.

The Distribution Clause has absolutely nothing to do with the possession of GMG products. Distribution of the product occurs at the point of sale, not the during the transportation of the product. For example, by this agreement, it would be perfectly legitimate for a non-Kishiro vessel to transport GMG Fuels through Kusari and Liberty to Baltimore Shipyard, so long as the product is transferred to a Kishiro vessel before unloading at Baltimore. Thus, it is within the terms of the Distribution Agreement for non-Kishiro vessel to transport GMG products through Kusari under the condition that the point of distribution is not within Kishiro's territory of exclusivity, defined in the Territory Clause.

The Territory Clause: Kishiro: Honshu, New Tokyo, Kyushu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, Tau-29, Tau-31, Seto (Kusari-controlled Leeds), Colorado, New York, Pennsylvania, California, Texas, Ontario.

Finally, we come to the Enforcement Clause.

The Enforcement Clause: Monitor your own distribution territories for unauthorized distribution.

An example of unauthorized distribution would be for a Deep Space Engineering vessel to transport HFuel from Fujisawa Mining Facility to Planet Pittsburgh. However, alter the DSE Transport's destination to be Survey Vessel Armstrong in the Coronado system, which is in not within the territory of exclusivity for either party. Distribution to Coronado through any territory is completely authorized under the terms of the Distribution Agreement, as the distribution of the product does not occur until the product reaches the point of sale.

The terms of the Distribution Agreement that the Kusari Government claims to be enforcing are in reality obstructing fully authorized GMG commerce under the Distribution Agreement.

Furthermore, the Councils' accusations that the Gas Miners Guild has completely disregarded Kusari law or previous agreements with Kishiro when negotiating contracts with Republican and other distributors are unfounded. Before the Codex was updated, all GMG distributors were instructed to secure shipping rights for export of "restricted goods," to the Taus through KNF High Command. The "restricted goods" category formerly included GMG HFuel as well as Plutonium. This was the only requirement that our shippers would have to fulfill in terms of the Kusari Legal Codex. The new GMG Distribution Agreement was in full compliance with the Kusari Legal Codex when it came in to effect at the start of this quarter. Republican Shipping has been distributing GMG exports through Honshu to Rheinland for nearly two months time, as the shipment of GMG fuels through Eastern Honshu to the Sigmas was not formerly regulated by the Kusari Legal Codex.

Keigu,

Ichimoto Nozaki
Guild Master

// Edited: The first paragraph was in the wrong place, sorry about that.

To: Guild Master Nozaki Ichimoto

From: Tawa Katana Imperial Office of Council and Legal Affairs

Honorable Guild Master,

While the GMG have chosen to interpret the contract as you may have stated, the Kusari Courts ruled in a advisory judgment that the Obligations clause of the contract give Kishiro the right and obligation to meet it's responsibilities in that section in the way and form it finds most expedient and efficient. Now, while the GMG might think it's efficient to have to check every transport of H-fuel all over Kusari and Liberty, check it's manifests and destination, check to make sure that an appropriate Kishiro transport will be available to transfer the good from the subject ship to the base for sale, as well as to maintain a costly vigil to deal with violators, the Kusari government does not. We feel it is a waste of resources that could be made much better use of. As such, the Kusari government has amended the restricted cargo laws to better suit the needs of Kishiro in maintaining it's responsibilities in this contract, for the benefit of the Kusari people. The Kusari government, with the ruling of the Kusari court judges the current course of action to be within the letter of the contract, as well as the best interest of the Kusari Empire.

I will reiterate again, the Emperor's feelings that the best way to solve this particular issue would be to move to final status negotiations on the Treaty of Okinawa or another document that would fill it's place.

Your Humbly,

Tawa Katana - Imperial Office of Council and Legal Affairs

//edit: exclusivity clause up front should have been Obligations, fixed.

Tawa Katana e,

The Board of Executives requests a neural net link to an existing record of the Kusari Courts' proceeding that you have referenced as the "advisory judgement."

Keigu,

Ichimoto Nozaki
Guild Master

Guild Master,

Advisory judgments are given on request of the Council of the Rising Suns, and as a part of Council deliberations, these judgments are classified, as all Council deliberations are, due to the variety of national security and political implications. I have put in a request with the Emperor's staff to allow for publication of this advisory judgment. I hope the decision will not take too long, but I am sure you understand the slow pace of bureaucracies.

I would be happy to answer any further questions the Guild might have.

Your

Tawa Katana Imperial Office of Council and Legal Affairs

Kusari export to Taus license changed - DeathsOverture - 02-28-2010

Tawa Katana e,

The Guild Masters will patiently await the Council's decision.

Until that time, I have no further questions.

Keigu,

Ichimoto Nozaki
Guild Master

Kusari export to Taus license changed - Zelot - 02-28-2010

Honored Guild Master,

Surprisingly enough, the Emperor's staff has responded quite quickly to my request to make the Court's advisory judgment public. I have been given authorization to transmit a copy of the Courts judgment on this channel. I am avalible to answer any questions you may have.

Tawa Katana

Quote:

[font=Calibri][size=small]Advisory Judgment #1007234

Requested by Emperor Kogen, on behalf of the Council of the Rising Suns

Judgment authored by Ryu Shinagawa, Chief Justice

As requested, this court is looking into the complex legal issues surrounding the recently signed deal between the Gas Miners Guild (GMG) and both the Kusari Corporation of Kishiro and the Rhineland Company of Republican Shipping. The questions revolve around the issues of exclusivity, as well as issues of enforcement of said exclusivity.

[font=Calibri]In looking at the GMG distribution contract, the court sees several passages that are essential to the questions raised by the Council. The first section the court looked at was the Territory and Exclusivity section of the document.

The Distributors have exclusive rights to transport GMG products as outlined in Products section from all GMG stations to distributors designated territories.

The court reads this section to mean that Kishiro has exclusive, meaning no other parties are allowed to participate, rights to move GMG product, from GMG bases to all the territories listed within the section on territory, which for Kishiro includes all of Kusari and Liberty. This section clearly makes a distinction between bases and territory. The Court can see no reason for the language use, except to see bases as bases, and territory as the space of the systems listed.

[font=Calibri]The next section that the court looked at is titled Obligations of Distributors. The part of this section that the court took notice of, reads as follows.

Obligations of Distributors.

Monitor your own distribution territories for unauthorized distribution.

The court sees this as a legally binding responsibility, meaning that Kishiro is compelled to take all steps within reason, to stop non authorized shipments, but not only that, the court sees this as an active responsibility, where-in Kishiro is responsible for setting up a system to police the flow of H-fuel in Kusari. The court recognizes that the kind of operation that would be needed would be vast, and also redundant with the actions of the KSP and KNF in their regular actions of monitoring the flow of traffic in Kusari. The Kusari government has in the past made its resources available to Kusari companies, when the operations are deemed vital by the government, and the operations do not make the KSP and KNF officers change their operations. The court sees this case as a perfect example of such a situation. The KSP and KNF regularly monitor traffic in Kusari, and should they keep track of Hfuel and Plutonium, it would be two items on a long list. Kishiro on the other hand would have to spend large sums of money to develop a fleet of ships and infrastructure, to monitor the flow to only two commodities. The court sees this as a situation where it is in the best interests of Kishiro and the Kusari nation to have the government step in and take over some of the contractual obligations.

As such, the judgment of the court is that the current government plans to change the restricted goods laws, as well as to allow the KSP and KNF to help Kishiro in fulfilling its contractual obligations, is well within the precedents of Kusari law.

This is judgment is signed by the Chief Justice

Kusari export to Taus license changed - DeathsOverture - 02-28-2010

Tawa Katana e,

Is this publication the entirety of advisory judgment #1007234, or have parts remained classified?

Keigu,

Ichimoto Nozaki
Guild Master