Discovery Gaming Community
Commodity Idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Commodity Idea (/showthread.php?tid=35622)

Pages: 1 2

Commodity Idea - stardust47 - 02-27-2010

Earth Artifacts.
We have alien artifacts so why not Earth artifacts?
These could be very expensive/valuable and could be bought cheaply on Junker bases or mined from the Hispania. And possibly controlled by governments.
Any input?

Commodity Idea - Guest - 02-27-2010

I like the idea, nowadays, wealthy people also buy artifacts, so they would continue to do so in the future.

Not sure about government control though, apart from taxes, they aren't potentially dangerous like the alien ones are.

Commodity Idea - Varok - 02-27-2010

Indeed it is a pretty good idea. Something like a statue from year 2010 or something like that?:laugh:

It is a good...

+1 from me

Commodity Idea - Cris - 02-27-2010

Great idea, would look great on my rare items collector. About government control I guess it would be good actually, for it would lead to lots of smugglers and more work for outcasts instead of camping their huge orange

Commodity Idea - Fellow Hoodlum - 02-27-2010

So ? They wasted valuable space on a Sleeper ship or two, to pack 'artifacts in ? Highly unlikely, as I suspect
they had way more important things to worry about ... Like escaping.

Commodity Idea - Marcus Lindberg - 02-27-2010

' Wrote:So ? They wasted valuable space on a Sleeper ship or two, to pack 'artifacts in ? Highly unlikely, as I suspect
they had way more important things to worry about ... Like escaping.

Actually (and I'm basing my claims here from the movie 2010) they might've had some artifacts and stuff to protect their culture, history etc. My chances are when society restarted at Sirius, they were probably reproduced, so these 'artifacts' would probably be mass produced, I mean, don't you consider the massive Buddha at the New Tokyo docking bay to be one of these artifacts?

Commodity Idea - Death.RunningVerminator - 02-27-2010

' Wrote:Actually (and I'm basing my claims here from the movie 2010) they might've had some artifacts and stuff to protect their culture, history etc. My chances are when society restarted at Sirius, they were probably reproduced, so these 'artifacts' would probably be mass produced, I mean, don't you consider the massive Buddha at the New Tokyo docking bay to be one of these artifacts?

That's a good point.

There are one or two things like this.

I do believe this would be a great idea. Would bring more RP and trade/smuggling.

Commodity Idea - RmJ - 02-27-2010

The US voyager Exploring Sat...FINALLY FOUND!!!!

yeah would be interesting...but the thing is that the people who brought small amounts of personal items would get lost over the hundred of years and being found recently it would be located in the particular planet like Manhattan and historians would say its of the first generation of Sirius settlers, and not from earth. So really it would be terrifically difficult to tell where it came from.

So if anything, found would be great amounts of money but where would you find them?

New wreckage? I would enjoy that.

Commodity Idea - Birdtalon - 02-27-2010

It's a good. Idea. Remaints of the 0AS settlers. Early tools and stuff they would have had to improvise with.

Commodity Idea - Marburg - 02-27-2010

Imput? ok...It's a bad idea. beyond some minor trinkets that may be stuffed in the pockets of some people as they got into their cryotubes, I doubt that they would take up space inside the sleeper ship w/ cultural stuff when that space is better used for packing more people in. It's far more important to save the species itself than to save the crap that defines their culture...especially when the essence of their culture is more efficiently stored withinn the databanks of the ships mainframe & can be easily reproduced after they get settled in enough to not have to worry about basic survival in their new environment.