Discovery Gaming Community
Which Cruiser should I take? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Which Cruiser should I take? (/showthread.php?tid=35696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Which Cruiser should I take? - Marcus Lindberg - 02-28-2010

So I've gotten to the point where I can finally buy another cruiser, but the problem is, I can't decide which one. I used to have a Liberty Siege Cruiser, but I eventually sold it because it was just boring, both in terms of PVP and RP (it mostly just sat around NY hearing about pirates attacking, but I don't gank). I've looked through the list and I've narrowed it down to 4 types of cruisers I'm interested in, but I can only buy one.

Kusari Destroyer:
You don't see these around to often, and there are a lot of BAF guys around nowadays as well as a lot of indie BAF capships that RP quite well. I'd prefer to use this in Harris but theres barely any BAF there so I'll station it at Leeds, occasionally launching raids on Leeds and LD-14.

Rheinland Pirate Cruiser:
Again, you don't see these a lot. Their meant for attacking RM convoys and all according to the wiki, and there are a lot of indie RM capships who's RP is good enough for me. Rheinland is also quite empty, perhaps my cruiser will change that. I plan on the cruiser being used by the Bundshuh, also because there isn't a lot of them around, even though I personally find them the most interesting Rheinland unlawful faction around.

Resheph Recon Cruiser:
I don't plan on using this ship in the Omicrons at all. Actually, I'm going to do something like what Tales did when he created the Texan Armada, I'm going to create an Order Battlegroup which will operate around Sirius (but outside the Omicrons) hunting down Nomads who aren't at the Omicrons and all. The ship will be RP'ed as a stealth cruiser with immense recon equipment as well and will be the base of this Order battlegroup. The rest of the battlegroup will mainly consist of fighters and bombers who will be stationed on Freeports while the Stealth cruiser itself is hiding in a nebula. Basically, the nomad hunting operations will be coordinated from this ship while the rest of the battlegroup (consisting of fighters and bombers) will hunt down the nomads around Sirius. In times of emergency I may choose to relocate to the Omicrons for temporary periods of time until the crisis is over.

Kagutsachi:
The Blood Dragon cruiser, I want to get this because its simply underused. Never seen one being used in my life really. It'll basically operate in Kusari and to some extent the Taus as well hampering KNF forces.

If you've got any other suggestions, go ahead and explain. I'm looking for both RP and PVP by getting one of the cruisers (preferentially more RP than PVP, although there has to be both, not just either one) so yeah.

VOTE!

Which Cruiser should I take? - Chase - 02-28-2010

I've the same question actually! Who needs them player faction-wise?

Which Cruiser should I take? - Bear - 02-28-2010

I would go for the Kusari Destroyer myself. It looks nice and could encourage more people to join the Kusari ranks if RP'd well.

Which Cruiser should I take? - lolciclepops - 02-28-2010

I've used some if not all of these... Each one is good for their own role, and you should pretty much be able to get along with all of them.

I would just put a warning on the Kagutsuchi though, It's a great cruiser (can fire LM and Forward gun at the same time), though it's pretty much only good for anti-cap. By that, I mean anti-battleship anti-cap. When fighting a Kusari destroyer, you will find its nearly half as small, twice as agile and has as much if not more armor with more firepower. That being said, two of these cruisers should easily be able to take down a Kusari battleship, or one and a few bombers. (But then again, how many Kusari Battleships do you see floating around hmm?)

Which Cruiser should I take? - farmerman - 02-28-2010

Well, I have a Resheph and sort of have a RPC, and I think the former has a lot more RP potential than the latter. A recon ship just has a lot of fun possibilities (or atleast, what I think of as fun).

There does seem to be some Kusari caps around at times, so a Dragon cruiser could be interesting. Several bad experiences with them though, so make sure to not be like them. :laugh:

Kusari Destroyer could be interesting, though I never seem to find any Bretonian Destroyers around, so it could be an issue matching up that way. That could be related to when I'm on though.

Also keep in mind that a Bundschuh RPC would require a SRP if I'm not mistaken.

Which Cruiser should I take? - Boss - 02-28-2010

Kagatsuchi or Rheinland PCruiser.

Don't need any more Order Q_Q

Which Cruiser should I take? - ivr56 - 02-28-2010

Kagatsuchi or Kusari Destroyer
Bring soem life into Kusari. Plenty of people to RP with at times. Pirates if your KNF or AFA/Hoshaga and KNF (When they are on) if your a Dragon.

Which Cruiser should I take? - gafiaiiu - 02-28-2010

Heheh, I remember making a thread like this a while ago.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=856029
Anyway, I voted Kusari dessie, so I can get a Kagutsachi and we can be nemisises.
Yeah!
Anyway, I agree, Kusari needs more people, as its RP tends to be high quality most of the time when I'm there.

Which Cruiser should I take? - Varok - 02-28-2010

Kagutsachi (Blood Dragon Cruiser)

Because I've never saw one of these in space...

Which Cruiser should I take? - Blaze - 02-28-2010

get a kusari one as there arent many Kusari Cruisers