Discovery Gaming Community
Looking for system developers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Looking for system developers (/showthread.php?tid=36026)

Looking for system developers - bobeza - 03-05-2010

Guys, maybe this shouldn't be posted here, but I know many of you are spending much time here, so...it kind'a increases my chances of stumbling into the right person for this.

The next version of Discovery is accelerating into its development and the dead-line for system submissions is close - 20.03.10. Last year I was excited about the idea of contributing to the mod and putting my pathetic name on the list of the readme.txt with developers, so I made a system (about 60% done, still needs infocards, backstory, population).

After submitting it to Igiss, he said this:

Quote:Hello,

Your submission looks fine and well prepared. But there's one problem... huge problem, actually.
When someone starts creating a brand new system, existence of this system, bases in it, factions etc must be agreed with the dev team first. For example, the code of the system that you used (BW15) is already taken by another system that's being developed for the next mod version. The space that the system occupies might also be necessary for other Discovery systems.

Also, you should take note that we do create guard systems for non-Vanilla factions that emerge on the server, but this only happens if the faction has a long-standing credit (1-2 years on the server) and has numerous members. In your case, neither appears to be true. Your request on including your own NPC faction is not possible to fulfil either. We have a long-standing AI faction on the server, and it didn't get its own system or faction despite being on the server much longer than you did.

You may consider that I'm limiting your gameplay freedoms, but unfortunately there are dozens of factions out there with the same ambitions that you have, and if we approve one such request, all the rest will be standing in queue to get the same. We cannot allow this to happen.

As for the system, I would suggest to suspend the dev for a while, and if you'll still be willing to design some for the future mod versions, you could get in touch then to agree which system you could be designing.

Regards,
Alexander (Igiss)

I left the system in a thread for people to download it and havent looked at it ever since. Now I got the urge to finish it and I am in need of a colaborator to help me finish it. And I need the support of all of you! :)Please, help where you can in finishing the system, give your ideas, state your opinion and criticism!

Oh, and...if a moderator sees fit that the thread be moved to another forum folder, please...by all means:)

Here is the link with the system thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...pid=927811&

Download it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/302424674/TAU-...y_Bobi.zip.html

Looking for system developers - bobeza - 03-07-2010

Okay guys, here is a little update on the system submission-thing. Here is what Igiss has in mind:

Quote:Hello,

The problem with your submission is that it's nowhere in line with our own future plans. If we allow users to submit systems, we do it for some particular purpose. For example, a faction may emerge to overtake a guard system. Or, a well-credited faction (1-2 years on the server) wishes to get a new system of their own.

There were no cases in the recent years when someone would just submit a system "to be in the mod". We already have lots of systems, and I'm preparing many more for the next release. With the population of the server enough widespread, we are not interested in adding new systems anymore.

Plus, even if it was added, we started to set up the trade routes last year, and for this system there may be nothing remaining until the next version.

I think it's possible to make an exception in your case if you've made a truly good system (good-looking, w/o any bugs, matching checklist requirements etc), but you should at least contact the leaders of the factions involved with your system. Also, suggest where exactly it should be placed and to which system(s) it should be connected. And please send me the files you've got now.

Regards,
Alexander (Igiss)

From what I understand, there are enough systems already in the mod. BUT...if this one is creative and well-made, it CAN be included into 4.86!:)Here is what we need:

1-At least 1 of you to help me finish it, I really need someone with skills to help me with that

2-I need an idea of where to place the system

3-I also need ideas what the name should be (naming conventions and etc.)

4-Needing opinions on which systems should it connect to, which jumpholes will be present inside!

5-IMPORTANT: I need some factions inside, so please - help me get in touch with BMM, BAF, IMG, ZONERS and JUNKERS faction leaders! We need to open a thread (or skype chat) to decide who wants to be in the system and what base he needs (accorgind to the faction's roleplay background)! I am inviting EVERYONE to participate in the discussion, to give an extra opinion on this! Lets make this system epic!

6-Last but not least - I need all this things FAST!:(

Looking for system developers - teschy - 03-07-2010

I don't think this is a good idea. Systems don't just magically appear, without any strong backstory.

Rushing development like this never brings good things, and you only have like 10 days to finish it. Sure, you can use the layout for one of the empty, already existing systems, or the dull looking guard ones. But adding one more system just because, isn't gonna make much sense.

Looking for system developers - Seth Karlo - 03-07-2010

*Sighs*

Send it to Sedrander@gmail.com and I'll have a look at it. Your download link no longer works.

-Seth

Looking for system developers - bobeza - 03-07-2010

Thanks Seth, you have always been a great help! E-mail sent...

Looking for system developers - bobeza - 03-08-2010

Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKDB4drFPyA