Discovery Gaming Community
what's wrong with this sever.... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: what's wrong with this sever.... (/showthread.php?tid=3605)

Pages: 1 2 3

what's wrong with this sever.... - X-Lancer - 08-19-2007

always crash.....never happen before like this.....sever crash...backup..after like 20mins..sever crash again....:rtfm:.......our Corsairs fleet is destroy by sever crash...:nono:

what's wrong with this sever.... - Arcath - 08-19-2007

are you 100% sure its the server and not your connection?

what's wrong with this sever.... - Malaclypse 666 - 08-19-2007

It's the server, mate. Three times tonight at least.

what's wrong with this sever.... - Ion - 08-19-2007

its the rollback which is really frustrating me

what's wrong with this sever.... - P*Funk - 08-19-2007

It really does frustrate me that inside of 2 hours during a time sensitive trade run I keep getting rolled back. Usually it takes something like20 minutes both ways. Ended up being more than 40.

Otherwise I love the server. It doesn't seem to have alot to do with the number of people online since many times this has happened with 30 or fewer people.

Yoo hoo, Majkp!

We see ya lurkin'. back from that holiday? got any clues?

(other than "Hail Eris!"...?)

what's wrong with this sever.... - majkp - 08-19-2007

Hrm, I haven't touched the server configuration for more than a month. I know it's annoying but there is not much I can do. Most of the times it's caused by some corrupt players files, server or client side. People are trying to cheat, they modify their client files, server crashes. Sometimes there are mistakes even in the player files stored on the server, e.g. too much equipment on one ship. But try to go through 3000 player files and analyse them for possible glitches...

This is the message that appears in the Event log every time. Looks like a never corrected bug and even Igiss can't do anything about it as the source code of the game has never been released:
"The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Freelancer-Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: flserver.exe, 4.83.1254.11, dalib.dll, 1.0.1254.11, 0000486e."

For the future, there is a client-server FL software, which checks client files against the server and doesn't allow players to connect if something doesn't match, and I think it's inevitable to implement it, but it means player wipe...yeah.

In the meantime when doing some operations in larger groups, the only thing I can suggest is doing safety docks en route just in the case server crashes, so you don't have to fly all the way again.

Sorry...

Well, Tony did a Herculean job of cleaning up corrup chars while ya were away.. don't think he bollixed anything. .the guy is good.

So... sounds like donation time for that little proggy you mention.

We'll help if we can.

Cheers, Mike,

Mal

what's wrong with this sever.... - Doom - 08-19-2007

and wouldn't that "progy" cause lag..since it must communicate with client and compare files...?

what's wrong with this sever.... - BULLDOGNK - 08-19-2007

There is nothing wrong with the server at all and i resent the comments saying there is

What is wrong is cheaters and modders coming to discovery and crashing the FLserver.

Now if this continues we will have to have a full database wipe, and thats no fun for anyone.

If you see anyone no matter how small cheating, report this to the violation thread.

DON'T LET THE CHEATERS CAUSE A PLAYER WIPE.

Cheers