Discovery Gaming Community
=LSF= Operational Data Network - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: =LSF= Operational Data Network (/showthread.php?tid=36232)

=LSF= Operational Data Network - Liberty Security Force - 03-09-2010

[Image: avatar_4824.png]

Liberty Security Force

Operational Data Network

Line of Communication

The LSF's ODN, or Operational Data Network, is essentially what it says on the tin - an internally accessible communication system offered to all agents of the Liberty Security Force, as a method of communication, cooperation and coordination between the different Departments and the agents within them. Anything from patrol reports to diplomatic contacts and unidentified threats falls under the purview of the ODN, and rumor has it the Directorate uses entries within the system to gauge an Agent's effectiveness where actual results are impossible to materialize. In truth, many agents see the ODN as little more than a tool, with significant paperwork baggage.

All primary LSF agents, as well as those operating within the secondary and auxiliary independent branches of the LSF, have access to the ODN and its contents. Any high-priority or classified information should be relayed to the appropriate agents within the LSF, or the Directorate directly.

=LSF= Message Dump - rayne - 03-09-2010

Firewall Status... [color=#33CC00]Online
Verify Encryption Keys... Ok
Confirm Identity... Julia Wolfe Recognised
Initialise Video Uplink... Established

[Image: Julia.gif]

I took it upon myself to investigate rumours of a secret Nomad installation in Bretonian space. It is surrounded by a mine field and it also appears to have a protective barrier at its centre. I experienced intense gravity as far out as 20 clicks. I am also unsure whether to inform our collogues in the Navy at this time. Finally here is the video footage of my mission, we should keep tabs on Bretonia as well.

Intense Gravity

Protective Shield

Miss Julia Wolfe
Associate Deputy Director
Liberty Security Force High Command

[font=Agency FB][color=#CC0000]
Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

=LSF= Message Dump - Dantrithor - 03-09-2010

PRIORITY: -classified-
SOURCE: Prison Station Mitchell
TARGET: Special Ops Division and High Command
COMM ID: Agent Mike Edwards
SUBJECT: Assigned mission 17.00.9.03.2010

The mission was a failure.

No resistance was found until I reached the area around battleship Aphophis, which was stationed around the place. Then, an order elite unit, flying what resembled a Roc bomber, requested me to stop. As instructed for this kind of missions, i engaged cruise and ran away towards a safe place.

Unfortunately, once i jumped back to Omicron Minor, i found out i was not beeing chased by one Roc, but by that bomber, and a Nephytis VHF. I can remember it had some corsair weaponry equipped, but i afraid i don't remember anything else, as i was relying on my in-ship cameras and storage drives.

I managed to jump back to Alaska, but unfortunately for me, they did too. No friendly units were present in the sector, so I tried to escape to Prison Station Mitchell, which it's durability and resistance against such a small attack force is beyond any doubt. At 30 kilometres of reaching safety, i was hit by a stray shot that completely damaged my engines, and caused an electrical problem that fried half the electronics of the ship. Those included were radar, nav computer, and... optical devices with their attached storage devices.

I am afraid few more things can be added to this report. I will accept any punishment Liberty Security Forces Director, Vicedirector, or leadership in general, considers appropiate for such a disaster.

=LSF= Message Dump - Internity - 03-09-2010

Firewall Status... Online
Verify Encryption Keys... Verified - Successful
Confirm Identity... Christian Deus Recognised
LSF Intelligence Password: ********
LSF Intelligence Access Granted.

Loading latest message:
Opening transmission:

This is Deputy Director Christian Deus, I decided to go deep into Rheinland territory today.
Reporting in "Das Wilde investigation Number 01" - rumor system Omega-55 , rumors of installations.
I took one our Civilian ships used for undercover missions from Fjord Shipyards hangar 2C.
I went straight to Rheinland, entered Hamburg, New Berlin and Stuttgart then I went to Omega-7 from there to Omega 11 . I didn't encounter any trouble on the way due to my classified identification transmitter.
Once I arrived in Omega 11 I docked at Solarius Station and in the bar I`ve heard even more rumors about the location of Omega 55 system. After this I loaded full nanobots and shield batteries and I went straight to the sector where I was told.
After I flyed around 20-k from Solarius Station I encountered a gravitational annomaly, this one is the Omega 55 jump hole.

Uploading onboard cam. picture:

Jump Hole Location

After jumping inside the system I`ve detected multiple weapon platforms but I managed to run out of their firing range.
Half way from the jump hole inside a medium asteroid field, my scanners managed to detect two large asteroids, possible asteroid stations constructed by Das Wilde.
Couldn't approach to take a closer look due to heavy weapon platforms around them but I have them on my map.

Das Wilde installations

Further outside of the asteroid field I`ve sighted an unknown and uncharted planet.

Unknown Planet

After gathering all this data I had to leave due to several Das Wilde patrols closing in from everywhere.
I managed to return to Omega 11 where I docked for repairs. I will return to Liberty as soon as I can.

That is all.

Christian Deus
Deputy Director
Liberty Security Force

High Security Transmission Ended.

=LSF= Message Dump - Silvermistshadow - 03-10-2010

=Incoming Transmission==
==Source: Omicron 85==
==Re: Outcast intel==

Today I switched into a Sabre rather than the standard Eagle. The outcasts happen to make use of it, so it made them less suspicious.

Following are the locations of important installations in Alpha, as well, I have info on the black hole in O-85, as well as what appears to be the main construction site of Outcast capital ships. More to come later.

(Upon comparing data from the Nebula and the proximity of the Black Hole as well as its mass, I have found that the nebula was originally a planet. Until the black hole showed up.)
The location of the base on the map would not be enough to tell you where the base there is, as it is 'inside' the nebula on the map, but quite outside it at the same time. It is closer to the black hole than the rest of the nebula, the black hole being 'upward' from the plane. There is also a medium white star in the system. Leave the nebula upward and you will find the base. I didn't get close enough to the black hole to determine the gravitational pull closer to it, so be careful.

==Source: Agent Michael Barnes. Transmission terminated.==

=LSF= Message Dump - Joneh - 03-10-2010

***Incoming Transmission***

Firewall Status: Online
Verify Encryption Keys: Successful
Confirm Identity: Johny Leroy Recognised

Loading message.
Opening message.

Greetings!
Since Liberty was safe and no enemy targets were near I have decided to fly to Kansas to explore it so far as I could. During the exploration I found a station wreck and a strange Nebula.

Uploading picture:
Station wreck

When I found the station I immediately searched in the database for information and I found some informations about the wreck.

Uploading picture:
Wreck informations

After that I have decided to explore the nebula and found a shipwreck. My scanners identified the ship and found some interesting informations.

Uploading pictures:
Shipwreck
Shipwreck informations

Shortly after the discovery of the wreck I found a unknown jumpgate. As you can see the jumpgate was damaged. Nevertheless the jumpgate was still active and I jumped through.

Uploading pictures:
Unknown jumpgate
Damaged jumpgate

When I made the jump I was at first shocked. The system looked beautiful and the first thing I have noticed was that my ship is taking damage due to radiation. So I had to quickly complete this mission before my ship is destroyed by the radiation.
Attention: Radiation Alert!

Uploading pictures:
View of the system
Unknown planets

I immediately created a waypoint to explore the system closer. My first sighting was an unknown station, my scanners haven't picked any ships or informations about it. I guess it is a abandoned Nomad station, at least it looks like this

Uploading picture:
Unknown station

Shortly thereafter, I continued my investigation and found strange buildings. I guess it is a sort of a trade lane. I have followed the buildings until the end and there I found a jumphole.
Intensive scans found out that the jumphole is deactivated.

Uploading pictures:
Unknown buildings
Unknown jumphole

Before my ship was destroyed by the radiation I've left the system. I have returned unharmed.

Secretary of Homeland Security
Johny Leroy

***End of Transmission***

=LSF= Message Dump - kingvaillant - 03-10-2010

Confirm Identity... David Copperfield Recognised

[Image: incmessage1david.gif]

Subject: Nomads and Newcastle

Miss Wolfe,

I spent the last few hours taking a look at your report and comparing what was seen with our Database. The only known Nomad city is the one discovery in 801A.S by Mister Trent in Omicron-Major. This means the station you've found has been kept secret by the BAF and the MI5 for quite a while. I can easily understand their motives... I would take the same decisions.

Hidden behind a nebula (//Game mechanics bug allows it to be seen from afar) and a minefield, one must be lucky to find it. Hopefully, the rumor heard from a Bowex shipper ended up being true; the base was not far from where he said it to be. We may have to buy his silence by affecting his credibility. I don't think the MI5 and the BAF would like to see a bunch of Journalist hanging around this location.

Surprisingly, it seems plausible that those barrier is the creation of the Nomads. Which could indicate internal activity from the city or that the it was reactivated by the Bretonian scientists. As for the gravity field, we currently have no intel on the subject. As Omicron-Major was sealed after the Nomad wars, we never had the opportunity to study its nomad city.

We should keep an eye on the said installation. However, this time we will need to be more sneaky since the MI5 director caught wind of Miss Wolfe presence in Bretonian space. For the moment, he doesn't seem aware that we've discovered their facility. As the matter of warning the Navy Admiralty, we should take the required time to gather enough information before sending any data to them. Otherwise, if could compromise our operations in Bretonia if the Navy was to contact the MI5 and BAF about the city.

Mister David Copperfield
Director

[font=Agency FB][color=#CC0000]Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

=LSF= Message Dump - kingvaillant - 03-10-2010

Subject: Omicron-100

Mister Edwards,

It is indeed unfortunate that we've been unable to complete our mission and recover the recorded data. However, we now have an approximation of the response time of the Order patrols. With our recent presence in their core systems, they may retaliate against us so we will need to prepare ourselves for any eventuality. For the moment, any investigations inside Omicron-100 will be prohibited. Activity in this sector since our operation has skyrocketed of 319%. It is currently too dangerous for our agents to go inside such area without risking one's life.

We may find an other opportunity to take a closer look at this system, once the tension will soften itself again (//not soon).

Mister David Copperfield
Director

Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

=LSF= Message Dump - kingvaillant - 03-11-2010

Subject: Omega-55

Mister Deus,

This mission, from the gathered data, is bringing a bit more light on the shadowy operations led by the infamously infected human group known as 'Das Wilden'. From the recorded data, it seems like they are well prepared for any massive attack. A few smaller ship may slip through their defense net, but a fleet may not.

As for their installations, I would avoid getting close to them for the moment. I wouldn't want an Agent to risk an engine failure near such facility. He could end up being captured and then infected. This mean that he would then have a chance at infiltrating our ranks to give away information to the Nomad. Making a surgical strike on these stations will require a lot of preparation and more intel on the movements of their patrols.

Last point, the planet recorded in your gun cam seems to match with a widely spread rumor of a final fight between a two hostile small crafts in orbit of a remote planet. According to various elements, the two planets seems have the same size and terrain. This would mean there could still be the wrecks of those two ships drifting around the planet. It could be worth investigating, they might still contain some valuable info on the system, or some old yet innovative technology since the rumor also speak of some super weapons used by one of the two duelist.

Mister David Copperfield
Director

Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

=LSF= Message Dump - rayne - 03-12-2010

Confirm Identity... Julia Wolfe Recognised

[Image: JuliacommAvatar2.gif]

After hearing rumours of a secret installation in the Bremen system, I decided to investigate.
The base is surrounded by a minefield with no obvious point of entry, I can only speculate at what goes on there. My best guess is top secret Rheinland Military research. It is a heavily armed and well armoured fortification. I couldn't get too close without either being spotted, captured or worse. I recommend trying to get someone undercover to try and find out more.

Secret Research Station

On my way out I spotted a Battleship guarding the jump hole to New Hampshire, my guess is to provide advanced warning to the Military and the station in Bremen. I managed to get a few scans but they proved inconclusive as they jammed my sensors. I returned to Liberty to get this data uploaded.

Guarding Battleship

Miss Julia Wolfe
Associate Deputy Director

[font=Agency FB][color=#CC0000]
Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...