Discovery Gaming Community
"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: "Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt (/showthread.php?tid=36393)

Pages: 1 2 3

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - The Joker - 03-11-2010

Finally I found some time to organize this event - Destruction Therapy "Siege of New York". Some of you will think it's special, others won't but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that this is a great potential for some massive fun.

This event will consist of forces (will they be massive or won't on my side - it's early to tell) who will hit/siege New York. The general idea is to create massive chaos (in Liberty's capital system in this case) which is the Joker's primary goal in the first place.

It sounds unoriginal? Wait till you read this... Whether will people follow it, I can't foresee. But I think you will find it interesting.

1. Joker's group, if actually do many people come, will consist of his thugs and mostly independent pirates, that does include freelancers, indie outcasts, hackers, rogues but as far as official factions are concerned I can't really predict will they join in to help due to our, in some cases, fragile relations. If they join, that would be great indeed because I'm sure defenses will be very strong.

2. On the other side, we have Liberty Navy and Police (I suggest you people, if you wanna go with this, summon only officials, and there are many of you I'm sure because of better RP), but why not Mandalorians and Hunters as well? While Joker's forces pass through Bret territory to get to Liberty, why wouldn't BAF inform Liberty Armed Forces about the forces which are moving in, therefore coming to help House of Liberty as well (but I don't mean later like after you die with your LN char to use BAF one:P)

More potential?

1. Why wouldn't Rheinland Military use this opportunity to attack, is it Texas as far as they can go?

2. Order could do the same (i'm not sure about boundaries of such acts, I'm just suggesting). Those guys don't have to come to NY if they can't or don't want to, but a simple fact that the Joker will make Liberty Armed Forces busy creates a great opportunity for anyone's enemies to react.

3. Zoners will be busy as well, taking care of escape pods and casulties. Lots of RP potential.

4. Kusari Naval Forces could invade Bretonia space if Bretonian Armed Forces decides to help Liberty Armed Forces.

As you can see, there is a lot of potential for a massive Sirius war on sunday. It only depends whether you like the idea or not, disregarding who came up with it or your relations with me or my character. I'm sure there are things that I'm missing here, scenarios in which some other factions could interact. That's up to you guys to adopt and/or propose your ideas which will be very welcome. I personally wouldn't mind if things happen not according to plan, unannounced, even at my costs. That's would probably make things so realistic and therefore, much more fun.

Those who decide to join Joker's forces on sunday, please be RPers!:)I also recommend that if you're having troubles with following orders, please don't join, at least my group. I will try to properly coordinate the attack and in case I fall at the beginning, and chances are high hehe, I'll be sure to give my command to next in line.

Whatever happens, I will come to NY with Joker's forces around 16.30 gmt, sunday the 14th of march. Whether will you choose to play along, is entirely up to you of course. But those who come, I hope they're coming to RP and not to just point and shoot.

Let me hear your ideas. I'll read them all carefully but I won't respond right now. I'm about to enter the game and have some fun, but later I surely will respond.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. And please restrain yourself from OOC PMing me in-game. In a lot of cases I don't have time so please hold no grudge if you receive no answer. On forum PMs I do respond.

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Bobthemanofsteel - 03-11-2010

Sounds uhm, laggy.
And for that reason I'll have to sit this out.
That and the fact I don't have any character's that would answer either call, unless it were ordered.

I'm not sure what to think about this yet.

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Elven - 03-11-2010

Quote:2. Order could do the same (i'm not sure about boundaries of such acts, I'm just suggesting). Those guys don't have to come to NY if they can't or don't want to, but a simple fact that the Joker will make Liberty Armed Forces busy creates a great opportunity for anyone's enemies to react.
The Order can only scare off Libertonians, however the Order avoids wars with humanity.
So, replace the Order by the Hellfire Legion.;)

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - mwerte - 03-11-2010

Sooo... you plan to try and turn the whole server into Connecticut for your own amusement. Delightful. :dry:

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - JordanRudess - 03-11-2010

Sounds great as far as I'm concerned. And laggy, as mentioned above. I will be away for the weekend tho.. /sad.

Some VR might be showing up, if I can organize such a thing while I'm not here.

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Tommeh - 03-11-2010

Sounds like tons of fun. Yea lag will be probably very strong, but we have lags in any major fights. I will be there for sure with some of my chars, not sure with which one exactly.

Only problem is time, sunday 16:00h GMT could be busy time for me, so will see about that.

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - The Joker - 03-11-2010

' Wrote:Sooo... you plan to try and turn the whole server into Connecticut for your own amusement. Delightful. :dry:

I'm pretty sure you don't like me since... forever? Such a creative feedback of yours makes me even more happier. Thank you, mwertey.

Bobthemanofsteel: Laggy? You're probably right. But let's hope it won't be too laggy. And if mwertes whishes come true and not too many people join in, we won't have lag problem then.

Elven: I've only mentioned few factions. Hellfire Legion can join if they decide to, but others as well that find themselves in it.

JordanRudess: VRs would be welcomed as well.

Tommy.Gun: I picked the period of the day when many events took place (or I don't remember correctly). So I simply followed previous examples. Too bad if you won't be able to make it.

I'm not sure if lag is related on too many players on one place or in one system. If it's not related to whole system, then fight can happen on two sides, maybe, because attack-forces might be trying to control two gates. Again, this is all just maybe.

Then again, not all forces have to enter the battle right away.

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Alex. - 03-11-2010

The server would actually be able to handle this? o_O

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Blodo - 03-11-2010

Well, I can assure you of one thing if all these groups do indeed attack one another at the same time as you planned, the server will never survive this:PI might get my Rogue to help out though if it's non laggy by some miracle.

"Destruction Therapy" Event on 14th of march, 16.00 gmt - Wood - 03-11-2010

What's that? [color=#FF9900]A mass criminal meet-up in Dublin? Great, Bretonia could use the interest! Oh, what? You're all going to New York instead? Oh. How original... Ah, well. That's er... quite dissapointing. Shame, could have been interesting.