Discovery Gaming Community
New model for a ship already in Disco - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New model for a ship already in Disco (/showthread.php?tid=36421)

Pages: 1 2 3

New model for a ship already in Disco - Sebastian Wolfe - 03-11-2010

With just a few slight modifications to the existing Dagger model, I have created what I hope to be a replacement model for the Scimitar, as having the Scimitar and Dagger share a model gets somewhat confusing sometimes.

[Image: scimitar.png]

New model for a ship already in Disco - RmJ - 03-11-2010

The concept of the Idea is great, the model does indeed show modification. Though I fly nether ship I would say the top "Fin," portion might need adjusting as well as the angles of the "wings." Though I find that is the hardest part is getting proportions right.

New model for a ship already in Disco - tansytansey - 03-11-2010

The idea of MkII models is that people love flying their Vanilla models, but don't want to use underpowered tech.

There's no need to update any of the Vanilla models.

New model for a ship already in Disco - Sebastian Wolfe - 03-11-2010

Yeah, both the fin and wings are part of the new design.

To illustrate the changes, here's the Dagger and the new model Scimitar side-by-side:

[Image: scimitarcompare.png]

New model for a ship already in Disco - Sebastian Wolfe - 03-12-2010

OK, I've just done some modifications to the Defender:

[Image: defenderelegant.th.png]

As you can see, this model features completely rebuilt wings, and an extended underslung engine module. I think it looks more... elegant, don't you?

New model for a ship already in Disco - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2010

Nice.

Looks like you took the Nyx and Dagger and merged them. I like it.

And that shouldnt be the Defender; It should be the Guardian, as the Guardian is the advanced model of the Defender.

New model for a ship already in Disco - Chenzo- - 03-12-2010

i like this allot, good job mate, i hope they take you seriosly

New model for a ship already in Disco - Sebastian Wolfe - 03-12-2010

' Wrote:Nice.

Looks like you took the Nyx and Dagger and merged them. I like it.

And that shouldnt be the Defender; It should be the Guardian, as the Guardian is the advanced model of the Defender.

Well, with the CR-Outcast war, I suppose some design elements of the Nyx would have been leaked.

And I meant that I'd taken the Defender model and modified it. I remembered that there was a VHF version, I just couldn't remember the name.

New model for a ship already in Disco - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2010

Sebastian: And I meant that I'd taken the Defender model and modified it. I remembered that there was a VHF version, I just couldn't remember the name.

Its the Guardian. I kinda memorized all the shops that have turned my poor Nephthys to scrap :(

Guardians did it like four times. Once by a Upholder (wattheflip???)...sorry, getting off topic.

Looks awesome Heartbreak One :D

Edit: I dont know how to qoute...

New model for a ship already in Disco - Varyag - 03-12-2010

I think it looks better but looks too much like a nyx. The scimmy is pretty nice as is.