Discovery Gaming Community
PerfOptions.ini - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: PerfOptions.ini (/showthread.php?tid=36465)

PerfOptions.ini - Pingu! - 03-12-2010

So.. Right.

PerfOptions.ini -> It can be used for modifying Freelancer settings via .ini files, and its located here (winXP),
C:\Documents and Settings\~\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\PerfOptions.ini

So, now what I don't know how to do it is:
I made second copy of Freelancer, that should be used for filming, and stuff like that.
I'd like resolution and sensitivity at second copy of freelancer, to be different, then at stock (original) one, used for playing. Problem is, that both copies of Freelancer, use that same file, and when something is changed in one copy of Freelancer, it affects other one.

So, I was thinking, of creating "PerfOptions-2.ini", and editing few things there( resolution / sens ), but how to make second freelancer (for filming) use that file, instead PerfOptions.ini ?

Thanks.

PerfOptions.ini - Dab - 03-12-2010

Find the link to the .ini file in, I believe, Freelancer.ini in your 2nd copy's EXE folder. I'm not at a computer with FL installed at the moment, so I can't give much detailed explanations, but somewhere in that Freelancer.ini file should be a line of code linking your game files to the PerfOptions.ini file. Copy the PerfOptions.ini file, making one called PerfOptions-2.ini. Then go to the Freelancer.ini folder of your second installation, and change the line to point towards that new file.

It's not there, or at least, I can't find anything linking to PerfOptions.ini

PerfOptions.ini - Alex. - 03-12-2010

Pretty sure file locations like that are hardcoded.

PerfOptions.ini - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 03-12-2010

' Wrote:So.. Right.

PerfOptions.ini -> It can be used for modifying Freelancer settings via .ini files, and its located here (winXP),
C:\Documents and Settings\~\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\PerfOptions.ini

So, now what I don't know how to do it is:
I made second copy of Freelancer, that should be used for filming, and stuff like that.
I'd like resolution and sensitivity at second copy of freelancer, to be different, then at stock (original) one, used for playing. Problem is, that both copies of Freelancer, use that same file, and when something is changed in one copy of Freelancer, it affects other one.

So, I was thinking, of creating "PerfOptions-2.ini", and editing few things there( resolution / sens ), but how to make second freelancer (for filming) use that file, instead PerfOptions.ini ?
Thanks.
The easiest way to do this on a Freelancer installation with the Discovery Mod applied, is to make a copy of the existing shortcut, then add the desired "movie enhancing" parameters to the commandline in that copy of the shortcut.

The parameters are described here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=49046&st=0

I'd suggest using the -dWIDTHxHEIGHT, the -nohud, the -noflighttext, and the -nolag parameters to the shortcut used for filming. (WIDTH and HEIGHT has to be the width in pixels and height in pixels of the desired resolution, and needs to be a resolution supported by your graphics card AND your monitor.)

When you then want to go ingame to film stuff, just doubleclick the second shortcut to FL Discovery.

This won't work in Vanilla though.

A & L Guy

Its not about shortcuts, its about 2 separate freelancer installations using same 'configuration file', perfoptions.ini
When something in that (via ingame options, or ini editing) is changed, in first, OR, second, both Freelancers will be affected, and will have same options (in my case, I want to get rid of same resolution and sensitivity).
There was one idea with BAT file, I'll see if its possible.