Discovery Gaming Community
HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=36539)

Pages: 1 2

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Wood - 03-14-2010

Hello, my name is Wood, and good lord do I fail at flying a cruiser...

I can't complete any missions, my rep is getting worse, if this continues I'll likely to be sanctioned for flying a Gallic Cruiser without a GRN IFF.

I'm not really interested in being good at PvP, I don't want to just pew-pew. I want to roleplay the captain and crew of a warship. But I can't if I die to every bomber patrol I encounter, that I can't purchase new weapons because my rep has dropped from me being killed during missions. I just want to flippin' roleplay! But I suck too much.

So, I'm appealing to all of you who have experience flying a cruiser-class vessel. How do you do it? What tactics and weapons combinations do you use that stop you from becoming a bonfire every twenty minutes? How on earth do you fly one of these ruddy things?

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Magoo! - 03-14-2010

Well... Technically you're supposed to get the rep first, ship second, but...

What I do is thrust in a straight line, EK, then when they're all thrusting in a straight line behind me to keep up, I blast them.

But that's only against NPCs. Which, admittedly, is all I've ever flown a cruiser against.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Thurgret - 03-14-2010

' Wrote:Well... Technically you're supposed to get the rep first, ship second, but...

What I do is thrust in a straight line, EK, then when they're all thrusting in a straight line behind me to keep up, I blast them.

But that's only against NPCs. Which, admittedly, is all I've ever flown a cruiser against.
I think what he means is that his rep is dropping from full green with GRN because he's failing missions.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Wood - 03-14-2010

I had the full rep when I bought the ship, it's just slowly slipping away every time I try to complete a mission.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Magoo! - 03-14-2010

Oh. Touche. Sorry.

Well, I told you how I pew-pew things, but I never had to suffer the bane that are NPC bombers. That's how I'd try to kill things and thus complete the missions.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Lunaphase - 03-14-2010

Gallic cruiser i assume. Fit 4 miltrause and some glaives. strafe alot. get them infront or behind. chainfire main guns.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Coin - 03-14-2010

select 'kill base' missions to boost up yr rep

failing that, go for the 'kill this bloke' missions, cos u can usually pew-pew the first two waves quite easily, and then pop the target and bug out.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - Tenacity - 03-14-2010

NPC bombers will completely rape any capital ship, doesnt matter if you're in a gunboat or a battleship.

They have infinite energy, almost never miss, dodge like fricking mad, and .... yea.

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - sovereign - 03-14-2010

In my Valor, I can deal with a single group of NPC bombers reasonably well... though they still get my shield down. Taking the first volley before they appear onscreen really sucks. Flaks sometimes work, but mainly I just go crazy with my prims. Reminds me, I need to get some glaives on that ship...

HELP NEEDED: How To Fly A Cruiser - teschy - 03-14-2010

I've done missions against bombers in an armorless Council Battleship, and managed to survive. The thing is, you have to drop out of cruise pretty early, so that your energy comes back, and you can start shooting from 2-3k as your enemies appear. And you gotta take them out fast, otherwise you're fried.

But if all fails, just blow up those Maquis depots in Lorraine. That should pump up your GRN rep.